WRX vs. Armed Robber - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Armed Robber within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...but he's not a cop. I wouldn't even blame an off duty cop for not going over the guy considering ...

...but he's not a cop. I wouldn't even blame an off duty cop for not going over the guy considering he had his wife with him. Also, i'm sure his wife wouldn't of thought he was a hero if he was shot and killed. What if they have kids?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Angry

Originally posted by milenko11
    Am I the only one that thinks that what he did was stupid and in some states illegal?
    Oh please. Owning a ferret is illegal in California, does that make it wrong?

From his description, former security guard or not, he did the right thing in a careful and responsible way. (Except for the parking brake turn... heh... )

If you live in a town where citizens arrest is illegal then you deserve your high crime rate... bleh...

Originally posted by edsmith42
    Oh please. Owning a ferret is illegal in California, does that make it wrong?
    Well technically it does. I'm not saying I've never broken any laws but I'm not gonna lie about it either. Breaking the law is breaking the law whether or not you or I agree with it. I'm just saying that he is a "security guard." That could mean anything. I'm not putting down his job but if he wants to chase down criminals with guns he should become a police officer because that is their job.

Sure it is a great story and I'm glad the bad guy got caught and no one was hurt but it still wasn't the right thing to do, no matter how bad you want it to be.

GOOD JOB!

[RANTMODE]
    Thanks for helping keep the city safe. I feel that we need more people to do SOMETHING than whine about crime.

I am glad that I live in a city that does not view his actions as criminal. I am sick and tired of criminals getting treated like they are victims.

[/RANTMODE]
    2004 STi

Well technically it does. I'm not saying I've never broken any laws but I'm not gonna lie about it either. Breaking the law is breaking the law whether or not you or I agree with it. I'm just saying that he is a "security guard." That could mean anything. I'm not putting down his job but if he wants to chase down criminals with guns he should become a police officer because that is their job.

Sure it is a great story and I'm glad the bad guy got caught and no one was hurt but it still wasn't the right thing to do, no matter how bad you want it to be.
    You are still missing the point. I think due to me not stating it clearly enough. What he did was not illegal IN HIS STATE. The fact that something is illegal in some other state with moronic laws (ie California) does not mean it is wrong IF YOU LIVE IN ANOTHER STATE.

More simply put. ILLEGAL DOES NOT EQUAL IMMORAL(wrong)

Even if it wasn't illegal it was still stupid and shouldn't have been done.

Even if it wasn't illegal it was still stupid and shouldn't have been done.
    LOL... victim.

Hmmm, I give him kudos, and a smack upside the head.

Kudos for putting another piece of **** behind bars. Wait, isn't the legal age of an adult 21 in the US? In that case, putting the fear of God (or in this case a Glock .45) into him. He'll probably never do it again.

A smack upside the head for doing it with your wife around. That said, my wife chased a burglar out of our house, when she got home early for lunch, a couple of years ago. She was alone at the time. Did she think that perhaps he could have been armed? No. Did she do the wrong thing? No. Was it stupid? Yes. Am I gonna flame her for it? No.

Good work says I.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by Hummer
    GOOD JOB!

[RANTMODE]
    I am sick and tired of criminals getting treated like they are victims.
    [/RANTMODE]
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Am I the only one that thinks that what he did was stupid and in some states illegal?
    Yeah you are def one of the few. Citizens need to get involved. When robbers find out they have more to fear than just the slow moving police they will think twice about doing criminal acts. I might have done stuff a little differently but I still applaud him.
    320hp/306tq 20g Powah

Good work, your efforts are appreciated! I agree with other posters who say that risking your life to save money is odd, but given your work experience I think it made perfect sense at the time.

Another punk off the streets (at least intimidated) and everyone stays safe. I'm glad you did what you did.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123