WRX vs. Armed Robber - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Armed Robber within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; your are the man!...

your are the man!
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hahaha I use to be on the rifle team. We used .22 cal rifles as well

.22 rifles add about what.....30-40hp to the wheels?

Originally posted by skyjock41
    No, they are rice.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by skyjock41

They are pretty light, very little recoil, so maybe 50 whp

Thumbs up

dude. hit the local news channels. I'd like a story link.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure I would have risked my life or my wife's life by pointing my piece at an armed robber with a rifle/shotgun in his hand, but hey that's just me. Cool story, though.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Store Robbed Twice by Same Man
    One robbery suspect got away the first time. But when he came beck for more, it was a different story, thanks to an off-duty security guard. It all started Wednesday night, when the suspect allegedly robbed the Conoco Express Mart near Longview Road and Manchester. Then Thursday afternoon, workers say the same man, with a mask and a rifle, came back for more. One clerk gave the suspect the cash. But another took off after him. The security officer spotted the chase, and followed in his car. The officer ordered the man to get down on the ground, where he held the suspect until police arrived.

KANSAS CITY
    http://www.digitalcity.com/kansascit...rticle=1441792
    WRB WRX: Super 16g Equipped
    www.BrotSpec.com

PlatinumWRX,

I do armed security/loss prevention for local businesses. Why do you say Missouri kicks ass?

Thanks,
    Steve-O,

I didn't know the story would be there.

Will the pulling the e-brake really mess up the tranny?

Thanks all I just saw an opportunity to help.

AJ
    "You have to let it all go; fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free...your mind."

You can run, but between my Glock and My WRX- you will only die tired.

2002 Black WRX Sedan RIP 08.24.04
    2005 Black WRX STi 09.14.04

way to take action man. especially glad to read when in a world were no one will do anything out of their way for anyone anymore.
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)

Am I the only one that thinks that what he did was stupid and in some states illegal?

Originally posted by milenko11
    Am I the only one that thinks that what he did was stupid and in some states illegal?
    If more people did what he did, there would be fewer robberies. If the kid didn't want to risk being shot dead he shouldn't have committed an armed robbery.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Sure. I do. It would also be stupid and unethical of me to do absolutely nothing while I talk about how bad the world is. My intention was to follow him not capture him- he ended up seeing me and running. I saw an opportunity to help.

AJ
    "You have to let it all go; fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free...your mind."

You can run, but between my Glock and My WRX- you will only die tired.

2002 Black WRX Sedan RIP 08.24.04
    2005 Black WRX STi 09.14.04

Originally posted by snowcat
    If more people did what he did, there would be fewer robberies. If the kid didn't want to risk being shot dead he shouldn't have committed an armed robbery.

-snowcat

If more people did what he did alot of innocent bystanders would be killed. So if a suspect is driving in wreckless speeds and the cops have not gotten there, do you follow? No, that is a good way to kill someone.

First off that was wreckless driving, second he did not know what the reaction was gonna be from the suspect when told to stop. If the suspect shot and killed his wife then is he a hero? Third, IT WAS ONLY $140 and maybe 300 because of the prevous robberies that they BELIEVED was the same guy.

Sorry, but if I did that in my town I would have been in cuffs.

Dont get me wrong,I am glad that nothing bad happen to you and your wife but I would never do something like that. Now if he was kidnapping a child or had killed someone then that is different, but money is no reason to die.
    Bleeding true blue.

"That gasp you just heard was National League hitters after hearing that Mark Prior has added a couple extra MPH to his fastball this winter."

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold
    04 Black Forester XT - Nice

I felt the same exact way and was going to bash him until that I read that he was an actual security gaurd.

Sometimes people try to act like a hero and are REALLY stupid, doing more harm than good (pretty much any civilian trying to disrupt a car chase). That pisses me off. It also pisses me off when guys don't do ANYTHING (like that one time some guy shot a lawyer, put his gun away and walks while cameramen just film).

My point is, it's good to be brave and smart. It's stupid to take action just to try to be a hero. The other point is that some people have AWFUL judgement. In most cases it's best to leave it to the cops.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.