WRX vs Z4

This is a discussion on WRX vs Z4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was cruising down the interstate when a bmw z4 sees me pulling up on him he suddenly gets in ...

fre

WRX vs Z4

I was cruising down the interstate when a bmw z4 sees me pulling up on him he suddenly gets in the left lane and proceeds to try to go fast through a twisty section of the interstate (nobody in front of him) I am not even trying and still he is holding me up. So finally I get in front of him and he is riding my ass like crazy so I finally got an opening 4th gear at about 75 and drop the hammer...... I put quite a few car lengths on him lets just say. I am stage 2 with turbo xs and cobb. Right after that I got off the freeway and then a mini van pulls in the next lane. Now I am thinking wtf. So I just sit there and he takes off (nissan quest?) I think they have some power. I was surprised but thought I would try to reel him in and sure enough after he got the jump I pushed the clutch back in and squeek all 4 tires then I go charging past. I know its not a big deal, but I thought it was funny that the van wanted to race and I never get to run where I live so I figured what the hell. Then another one was one of those hemi dodge ram things. I was talking with my friend and he decided to go I think he was 2 cars ahead by the time I hit it and I just rolled out no launch and could only get to his rear bumper by 60, then we backed off. Not too shabby for a heavy truck. I also got to drive an evo and it pulls the same as my car but handles like god. I played catch up with a bike, because I didn't want to launch it in the evo and a turbo charged nissan sentra didnt even try to catch me when I took off on an on ramp (evo). That thing definitely gets A LOT of attention and everyone knows what it can do. That is my next goal to get my car to handle like an evo. The one I drove had 1500 miles on it and the clutch was already starting to go. I could smell clutch just revving out the gears. I think my normal wrx clutch is better than those evo clutches. Anyway z4 0 wrx 1. I just thought I would share what happened during my new year day of fun.
    Last edited by fre; 01-01-2004 at 09:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it was prolly a 2.5 litr not a 3.0.
    but good kill
    Z33

fre
    Originally posted by Zmeflyby
    it was prolly a 2.5 litr not a 3.0.
    but good kill
    Yea I keep forgetting that bmw offers like 300 different engines on all their models

Yea I keep forgetting that bmw offers like 300 different engines on all their models
    well really only 2 hehe, 2.5l has 184hp (slow as balls) and the 3.0l has 235hp. the 3.0 has a great torque curve and is good for real low 14's. so you probly wouldnt waste one of those as bad as you did that particular z4. plus the 3.0 traps at 100 too which is not too shabby for 235hp.