sentra turbo

This is a discussion on sentra turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well this past weekend I went to the races in Philly (not to many cars their) but any way i ...

sentra turbo

Well this past weekend I went to the races in Philly (not to many cars their) but any way i had a chance to race a late 90's nissan sentra but they guy said he had a t3/t4. I ran him from a roll but ened up miss shifting (rookie). Turned around and we went from a dig. Bad launch but stilled pulled a car on him hit 2nd good and 3rd but mucked on 4th (dont ask how, i guess i was nervous). Are them things fast? Cause i thought that he would woop my *ss? Mods up/dn/mbc15.5/dropinfilter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: sentra turbo

Originally posted by 4cyturbowrx
    Well this past weekend I went to the races in Philly (not to many cars their) but any way i had a chance to race a late 90's nissan sentra but they guy said he had a t3/t4. I ran him from a roll but ened up miss shifting (rookie). Turned around and we went from a dig. Bad launch but stilled pulled a car on him hit 2nd good and 3rd but mucked on 4th (dont ask how, i guess i was nervous). Are them things fast? Cause i thought that he would woop my *ss? Mods up/dn/mbc15.5/dropinfilter
    it all depends. his turbo might not be hooked up propertly w/ proper tunning. also, a base senta will only run mid 16's stock, so if he kept up with you then i would say his set up is pretty good.

the SE-R is what you should look out for (if its turbo). The older early 90's SE-R sentas were good for easy 12's with a turbo and tuning, and i think the SR20 engine could be dropped in as well.

good run!

opps

I am sorry i ment to put early 90's. This car looked totaly like crap, with a big melon shotter for exhaust. But what matter is he still beat me cause of my driving skills. Even if i was a good drive he still would of killed my car and some. any more info out their on this car that you guys know about. Thanks

Yeah, they can be hella quick. I owned a 91 se-R and later installed a jdm pulsar sr20det. I did a lot of stuff to the car, but basically left the engine stock. On 6psi i was running dead even with a stock wrx. I never turned up the boost as i got frustrated with the car and sold it before i got it running right.
    If i had turned up the boost to even 12 psi the car would've run high 12 to low 13's on stock street tires.
    The cars can be stupid fast for dirt cheap. That's where my username comes from; serious.
    Now you all know .
    Brent
    96 legacy that's Seriously confused

while in greece this summer i had the pleasure to help with a freinds car.........a nissan sunny to pulsar gtiR swap..... boost at 9 psi and all i can say the local sti 265 had trouble at around 80+ mph. kid ran a 13.6 on a pretty muck stock ride. oh and i believe the sentras if it was a 2.0 no mater early or late 90s and up to new ones, are indeed already sr20 powered minus the compression and much needed to make it capable like the sr20det. but with a little work easily done.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

was it red? with a big a$$ front mount hanging down? The only time i raced him down at the races was in a 2004 Lexus IS300 which i took from my work for the weekend. Of course he beat me, by like 5 cars haha ( IS's stock are too slow) but my friend who was with me thought a WRX would definately give him good run or beat him, because truthfully it didnt look that fast, but he did tell me he had his motor imported from Japan. I hope we are talking about the same dude. Plus in the spring the Philly races are good for 200 cars on sat and sunday nites, so we should look into meeting up down there. I never race just mess around and make fun of the fools. Let me know....
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

I have a Options Video from Japan that had a GTi-R built and tuned to kill a Skyline GT-R Spec V.

The 1st gen SE-R's were really overbuilt motors that loved forced inductions. Watch out for the older cars since they have been tuned to the limits far longer than the WRX has. Just b/c it looks like crap doesn't mean it will run like it. I have a friend with a bucket looking 90 Eagle Talon TSi that will run low 12's...

-alex

Yeah, any of the Sentra SER's already have an SR20DE motor. The only thing different from the SR20DET motor is the internals and the lack of turbo.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

haha

Well guys i think you have me extremaly scared the next time i see one of these sentre's. It was fun

Let me fill in some blanks here as a current Nissan owner.

The following have the SR20 motor.

1991 - 1994 SE-R
    1995 - 1998 200SX SE-R
    1998 SE-L
    1999 - current Sentras (Not including the SE-R)

I was planning on purchasing a 200SX SE-R, but why get a tin can SE-R when I can get a WRX

i use to post at a nissan forum... some of those sr20det sentras are nothing to be laughed at. even though most look like complete ****, they pack major power. i remember one sr20 turbo 1990 sentra with almost stock everything except turbo back exhaust ran a 12.3xx @116mph