Raced two Supras last night.

This is a discussion on Raced two Supras last night. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Let me set the stage a little bit. These were FRIENDLY races amongs friends/aquaintances AND we did this VERY late ...

Raced two Supras last night.

Let me set the stage a little bit. These were FRIENDLY races amongs friends/aquaintances AND we did this VERY late at night so we know what each other has and it was all in good fun .

First Supra - has the single turbo conversion, 550cc injectors(not sure if those are stock), AVC-R, FMIC, exhaust system, SAFC, fairly modded and nice BUT it's an automatic with a stall converter only at 2k rpms = no good launchie for him. Oh and I forgot he was running race gas that night (his first time on street for fun) and his boost was spiking up too around 23psi.

So we line up from a stop at a light and I got a pretty good launch = 2-3 car lengths and then around middle of 2nd he gets up too speed and traction and I stop pulling. By the end of 3rd gear he is coming up VERY FAST and then I got too 101 and hit the brakes = 1/4 mile covered (from my last time at the track) and I still had a 1-1.5 car lead on him = me win .

BUT then we went from a roll.. maybe around 40-50 and he just WALKED borderline RAN away from me but that was pretty much expected [heh].

Second Supra is closer to stock with only exhuast I think. We run from a roll starting around 20mph (1st for me) and take up to about 90. It was even but I missed the 2nd gear shift so he caught some ground on me but we were even again till around 95 (top of 3rd) when he started nosing past me... when I proceeded to stop since I know how much 4th gear sucks .

All in all it was a pretty good time. All I really have to say is ALL HAIL THE AWD launch
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, you might have some extensive mods to actually keep up with a heavily modded single turbo supra. Those can run 11 to 12's... What kind of mods do you have?

I never really said I "kept up with him". I just beat him in the 1/4 mile due to his lack of launching ability mostly . But my engine mods are as follows:

-VF22 @ 17.5 psi
    -STi 550cc injectors
    -Walbro GSS342 fuel pump
    -Cobb dyno-tuned unichip
    -Blitz DSBC
    -MRT 3" turbo back exhaust
    -AEM CAI
    -uppipe
    -lightened pullies
    -air-to-water intercooler
    -homemade catchcan

That'a about it. I dynoed down at Cobb with 265whp and 231wtq. I would estimate he would be a mid-high 13 second Supra up here at 5800ft. above sea level. MOSTLY due to his inability to build any boost off the line. But he is getting a higher stall converter installed shortly so all that should change ... damnit [heh]
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver