Z ya...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Z ya... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have this street which is almost a 1/4 mile by my house, people usually race down it since it's ...

Z ya...

I have this street which is almost a 1/4 mile by my house, people usually race down it since it's straight and has two lanes. The area around it is pretty baren so it's just right for a nice little street race.

Anyways, I was comming home from getting some chinese food and was in the left turn lane of this particular street. I looked in my rearview and saw a silver 350Z, it was bone stock. Light turned green and we both headed left. I kept it in 1st and got in the right lane while he lined up in the left lane. We were both about 15mph roll, I wasn't sure he wanted to race but I saw his car jump from 1 car away to my rear bumper, so I go WOT and we go at it. Top of 1st he's pulling hard on me. 2nd and were almost even, 3rd and we're dead even but at the top of 3rd I start pulling. I couldn't believe it, and I think he starts to hit the brakes cuz at the end of 3rd I'm about a 1 1/2 cars in front of him. At 4th I started to brake but he passed by and I heard his Z at WOT when he passed by so I don't know if I won or he broke early. I think he was doing a ricer flyby or something.

I looked in my passenger floor and noticed the chinese food I bought tipped over and spilled all over the floor! I slowed down and took a right onto my street with mess in my passenger seat and a Z speeding off in the distance. I'll race him again one day, but it must have shocked him to see a wagon do that against his Z...

-alex

CAI
    DP
    Catback
    MBC@16psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Nice Kill!

I really want to race a 350z
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Nice!

Truth of the matter is that you were owned by the Chinese food

Yep.....at least you don't have this lingering cigarette smell inside the car (btw I don't smoke nor do my passengers)...I'd rather have spilled chinese food than that! Plus it smells better

nice, i wonder if he would have pulled on you in 4th gear. good race, those are quick cars

I took a 350 before from a dig. I heard they can sneak into high 13s stock with a really good driver?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    I took a 350 before from a dig. I heard they can sneak into high 13s stock with a really good driver?
    yep
    2003 SRT-4

I ran one at the track a few weekends ago. They are quick.
    The one I raced removed his air filter all together, and ran a best of 13.73 @ 102.99 that day. When I ran him he ran a 13.83 to my 13.497, and his trap speed was nearly as good as mine too.
    I was impressed. I don't think they're all that quick though. This one may have been on the verge of being a factory freak.
    Dave
    '01 GTP 4-dr
    Best ET: 13.490 @ 103.51
    2.115 sec. 60'
    Basic mods

Hopefully it's not raining this Sunday at Sacramento Raceway. I wonder if I break the 14 sec barrier, my best 60' was 1.9 but I usually do 2 flats on the 60's. Maybe there will be another 350Z there to race too...

-alex

Originally posted by wRxOne
    Hopefully it's not raining this Sunday at Sacramento Raceway. I wonder if I break the 14 sec barrier, my best 60' was 1.9 but I usually do 2 flats on the 60's. Maybe there will be another 350Z there to race too...

-alex
    The track is going to be open this Sunday? I thought the event at Sac-town is suppose to be Jan, 1, 04....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I can never get any Z or G35 owner's to race. I don't think I've ever seen a post with someone that owns one on this board. Are they SCART?
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

turn wrx nice avatar. Courtney Day fan huh. Her bf is on a s10 site i'm on. She's on the new mini-truckin cover pick it up u'll see

back to this thread.

on my way back from virginia beach in june my rex, a green RS turbo, a 350z, and an s2000 were ripping all the way up the east coast and the 350z wasn't all as i expected it to be. Dunno if he wasn't pushing it hard or just wasn't going but myself, the s2000 and especially the RS put a distance on him in time. It was real fun drive tho. It made the 8hr or however long drive fee a lot shorter.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by CustomS10
    turn wrx nice avatar. Courtney Day fan huh. Her bf is on a s10 site i'm on. She's on the new mini-truckin cover pick it up u'll see

She is teh hawt!

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    She is teh hawt!
    http://www.teamsynergysd.com and www.courtneyday.com those are the 2 links travis (her bf) has in his sig.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by DavesGTP
    I ran one at the track a few weekends ago. They are quick.
    The one I raced removed his air filter all together, and ran a best of 13.73 @ 102.99 that day. When I ran him he ran a 13.83 to my 13.497, and his trap speed was nearly as good as mine too.
    I was impressed. I don't think they're all that quick though. This one may have been on the verge of being a factory freak.
    with a average driver, the 6mt Z should be able to pull of high 13s on a good day with STOCK tires.
    Z33

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.