WRX vs V8 Caprice, 5.0 Mustang, T3/T4 Hybrid Integra
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs V8 Caprice, 5.0 Mustang, T3/T4 Hybrid Integra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; this is my first time to post on this section so here it goes: My WRX vs V8 Caprice: one ...

WRX vs V8 Caprice, 5.0 Mustang, T3/T4 Hybrid Integra

this is my first time to post on this section so here it goes:

My WRX vs V8 Caprice:
    one friday night, myself, a friend and his wife were going to the 1/4 mile track when i saw these bright lights tailing me then swung to the right, run beside me, revved twice, then went flying! I simply said: "alright..." I knew then he was going to the track because he took the same exit I'm taking.

Before we got to the track, we ended side by side on a red light with a clean straight-two-lane road ahead. My friend was urging me to race him, since the caprice has been revving and keep looking at us. I said: "I don't know, I've got you and your wife in and that car is a V8." Well, I was convinced to do it. So I hold the rpms to about 4500 and as soon as the light turned green, I feathered the clutch and ease I go pulling away from the Caprice. Smoke him all the way.

But that's not all! Sure enough he was going to the track.
    THREE TIMES he lined up against me and each time, I beat him. The guy finally walked up to me and said: "How many times will you beat me?" I simply replied: "every time you line up against me" and

I looked at the Caprice engine and it's V8, seems to be in build progress. Got a big round K&N filter and straight exhaust pipe all the way. That's about all I know about the car.

My WRX vs 5.0 Mustang (maybe early to mid 90s'):

I was going home Christmas eve from shopping and my friend was following me and a lost her going through traffic. Well, not too long after that, there is a car tailing me so close that I warned him/her to back off by tapping the brake just enough to let the brake light come on. The car won't let off so I though It was my friend - well, I was wrong. As i stop for a traffic light, the car swung to my left and took the fast lane and it is a 5.0 red mustang. He revved then looked at me. I paused, looked around for cops and it was clean. I looked back at him and kinda nod my head and the race is on!

I played hold rev to around 3500 rpms (because I didn't wanna draw too much attention) - the light turned green and I dropped the clutch and for a split second, I was half a car lenght and hear the mustang's tire squeeling, not moving as much. Buy the time he caught grip, i'm about 3 cars lenght ahead of him. He never cought up 'till the next traffic light. The guy won't even look at me.

My WRX vs My friend's T3/T4 hybrid Integra:
    One night we were headed to my house, my wife was with me in the car and his wife was with him. We were cruising on I85 at about 75 mph. I looked at him and he nod, we dropped to 4th gear and punch the gas. At first we were going side by side 'till about 85 mph then my rex started pulling and pulling and pulling away 'till I was a car lenghts ahead of him and we are at about 125 mph then my wife said: "okay, you've proven your point. lay off..." of course I laid off... that's my commander ordering me to lay off...

When we got to my house, he just smile and said that i've got a great car.

later
    Last edited by GotWRX03; 12-30-2003 at 11:46 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alot of foxbody owners havent lined up one on one with an awd turbo car. And if they arent expecting to get beat out of the hole, they mash the gas, and spin the tires, and its too late to win.

That all changes of course with drag radials, and various suspension mods for the 5.0
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

that must be one slow@ss tegra, or he had one of those electric turbo's that are selling on ebay for 100 bucks.

Seems like alot of wrx owners with stock turbo's tell stories of taking down Integras and IS300's with aftermarket turbo's.

I have personally raced a few of the aftermarket turbo honda's/acura's. And no stock turbo rex really has a chance from a 75mph roll.

What i think is probably happening is that the stock turbo'd rex owners were more than suprised when 4th gear showed up and there wasnt any pull left, the other car (non turbo) was able to hang.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4

What i think is probably happening is that the stock turbo'd rex owners were more than suprised when 4th gear showed up and there wasnt any pull left, the other car (non turbo) was able to hang.
    That's what happened to me against an N/A teg. I wasn't that surprised.

What mods do you have? Hard to believe if you are on stock turbo. Since you said he's your friend, then I guess his car is turboed. At 75 mph you can down shift into 3rd and pull it until about 90mph. That would give you better results, since after 4th our rex pulls like crap.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    What mods do you have? Hard to believe if you are on stock turbo. Since you said he's your friend, then I guess his car is turboed. At 75 mph you can down shift into 3rd and pull it until about 90mph. That would give you better results, since after 4th our rex pulls like crap.
    my mods:

uppipe
    custom turbo back
    mbc set to 16 psi
    intake resonator removed
    ground kit
    rfl blow off

Seems like alot of wrx owners with stock turbo's tell stories of taking down Integras and IS300's with aftermarket turbo's.

I have personally raced a few of the aftermarket turbo honda's/acura's. And no stock turbo rex really has a chance from a 75mph roll.

Again. It doesn't mean that because they have an aftermarket turbos tha they are better than our stock turbo rex. Yes, he is my friend. It's not a very solid setup. It's not properly tuned either. Compared to our stock car which is tuned to have turbo in the first place. Oh... wait a minute, why am I trying to prove myself? I don't care if you believe it or not. Stories you say? You were unfortunate that whoever you raced had a better car than you at the moment. And you're basing your own experience to measure other people experiences? I don't tell "stories" like other people do, and for someone to acuse and implies that I'm lying?

Now if I were to race my friends' (Dathan) Cybernation Turboe'd RSX-S with a T3/T4 hybrid, my butt is toast! - it will be a totally different story. Another, if I will race my friends' (Dave) T4/T5 turboe'd '99 R/T neon, he will leave me begging for him to wait for me.

Again, there are many factors to consider to produce an outcome of a race.

I wanna be constructive instead
    Last edited by GotWRX03; 12-31-2003 at 08:53 AM.

now that I'm thinking of it more, about my friend's integra and my wrx - the night we race was a cold night, that helps too, the last friday before we raced on I85, was when we both went to the track and i was pulling mid 13s and he was pulling 14s -

when we raced from a 75 mph roll, i knew I had the upper hand because I had an AWD which helped me had the headstart.

here's my 'theory':
    He might have a VTEC but maybe it's way high for the turbo's efficiency. He might be thinking that since he's got more rpm room, he's pushing it, while in fact the turbo's efficiency is already going down, therefore, he's not pushing as much power as when the turbo is in it's full efficiency. If you remember a thread a while back regarding the best rpm shift point, it's not always at red line. some say the best rpm shift point is at 6900 or 6500 depending on what gear you have. Another, I think he's only boosting 4 or 5 psi.

you might have beet him, but his car setup must be really terrible. Friend also has a t3/t4 setup on his integra, and thing from a roll really doesn't stand much of a chance. They have massive top end. Also AWD from a 75mph roll wont help.

Originally posted by Burnout
    you might have beet him, but his car setup must be really terrible. Friend also has a t3/t4 setup on his integra, and thing from a roll really doesn't stand much of a chance. They have massive top end. Also AWD from a 75mph roll wont help.
    What did I just wrote: i said his car is not properly tuned. i am not stating that because I beat him, that I will beat EVERY SINGLE T3/T4 OR ANY TURBO-TUNED HONDA/ACURA - DID I?

Originally posted by GotWRX03

when we raced from a 75 mph roll, i knew I had the upper hand because I had an AWD which helped me had the headstart.

you allwheel drive is only going to hurt you on top end. thats why many people arnt believing this. integra is all top end, stock turbo wrx is no top end. I have a N/A modded GSR and i think i could take a stock wrx from a 4th gear roll.

i am not calling you a liar, but when you post something like this, you need to expect to get a few BS flags thrown. i turbo gsr is good for mid 13's with crap tunning and high 12's with a good map and good tuning. On the highway its even better.... much better. i have seen several vids of t3/t4 gsr tegs pulling on corvettes and modded trans am from a roll.

either way, good race

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    you allwheel drive is only going to hurt you on top end. thats why many people arnt believing this. integra is all top end, stock turbo wrx is no top end. I have a N/A modded GSR and i think i could take a stock wrx from a 4th gear roll.

i am not calling you a liar, but when you post something like this, you need to expect to get a few BS flags thrown. i turbo gsr is good for mid 13's with crap tunning and high 12's with a good map and good tuning. On the highway its even better.... much better. i have seen several vids of t3/t4 gsr tegs pulling on corvettes and modded trans am from a roll.

either way, good race
    i'm aware of that and i knew that when i was typing the third part of my original post, that i'm gonna get flamed. i have pretty good idea to what the capabilities of a gsr because another friend (who moved to hawaii by the way) had a gsr (got stolen though while in hawaii) and like i've said, my friend who's got a t3/t4 semi-tuned rsx-s is much faster than my car. even the neon r/t which has a t4/t5 will whoop my tail anytime.

How much is he boosting?..my bro just got his teg tuned yesturday and at 13psi he put down 300whp 251wtq...

this past weekend i race a integra with a t3t4. it was a pretty good race i got ahead off the line and stayed there until about the end of third and then he started to pull me....by the middle of fourth (were we both left off) he had about a car on me.....but not for long stage 4 with 20g soon to be installed....

visit my clubs site at www.team-redline.com soon to be up just give me a few weeks....we have lots of street races and track runs....
    03 wrx built 205 fpred...423whp 93oct 556whp c16
    04 sti white with gold rims. now with the fp3586r turbo...anyone wanna play? 750whp either way it's fast!!!

Originally posted by evokilla
    this past weekend i race a integra with a t3t4. it was a pretty good race i got ahead off the line and stayed there until about the end of third and then he started to pull me....by the middle of fourth (were we both left off) he had about a car on me.....but not for long stage 4 with 20g soon to be installed....

visit my clubs site at www.team-redline.com soon to be up just give me a few weeks....we have lots of street races and track runs....
    What kind of integ did you race? IRT, GSR, LS?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

don't remember but i also heard he was spraying...can't really say for sure i didn't look under the hood....we are going back this weekend and we are going to get some pics....i will also get some pics of that wrx that is putting out like 350 to the wheels he has a t66 turbos and is claiming that he is running 11.3 on race fuel.....i will post them...
    03 wrx built 205 fpred...423whp 93oct 556whp c16
    04 sti white with gold rims. now with the fp3586r turbo...anyone wanna play? 750whp either way it's fast!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.