Tegs have mad top end yo!

This is a discussion on Tegs have mad top end yo! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So this dude in an Integra with guages and stuff pulled up next to me and revved. We were both ...

Tegs have mad top end yo!

So this dude in an Integra with guages and stuff pulled up next to me and revved. We were both in traffic he got right behind as I was cruising in second at around 4000 RPM (hehe). My left turn came up so I signaled and got over to the turn lane, I look in the rearview and what do you know ther he is riding my a$$. So I hit the turn and took off leaving him far behind.
    I slowed down about a 1/2 mile later and he comes up pretty fast behind so I dropped to third and took off again.
    But then I had to grab fourth and then we all know what happened he gained all those carlengths back real fast. I could tell the stock turbo was out of breath.
    Traffic came up again and he pulled right up next to me and we both slowed down together, but I know he would have kept walking by if the race continued.
    I was impressed with his manners though, no ricer flyby no cutting off, getting off throttle with plenty of time to slow down for traffic. It was fun.

Mods are: catless and Samcos

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Integras do have that vtech rush. I usedto love that about my Type R.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Originally posted by josnroh
    Integras do have that vtech rush. I usedto love that about my Type R.
    Don't you mean VTEC...no H. vtech makes phones...

Re: Tegs have mad top end yo!

Originally posted by PKer
    So this dude in an Integra with guages and stuff pulled up next to me and revved. We were both in traffic he got right behind as I was cruising in second at around 4000 RPM (hehe). My left turn came up so I signaled and got over to the turn lane, I look in the rearview and what do you know ther he is riding my a$$. So I hit the turn and took off leaving him far behind.
    I slowed down about a 1/2 mile later and he comes up pretty fast behind so I dropped to third and took off again.
    But then I had to grab fourth and then we all know what happened he gained all those carlengths back real fast. I could tell the stock turbo was out of breath.
    Traffic came up again and he pulled right up next to me and we both slowed down together, but I know he would have kept walking by if the race continued.
    I was impressed with his manners though, no ricer flyby no cutting off, getting off throttle with plenty of time to slow down for traffic. It was fun.

Mods are: catless and Samcos
    wow, i wasnt aware 4th and 5th were that bad on the wrx's. I really want to run into a stock wrx on the highway with my GSR. I am really interested to see how I would do. Yes, top end is really nice, my favorite thing about my car is that once you hit the gas its only going to get better and better, until you shift @ 8k redline

good race though, nice to hear about a race where someone didnt do a ricer flyby or cut the other off at high speeds

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I was with my bro in his trbintegra and his buddy was cruising in his FD next to each other than all of a sudden this fully riced out integra flys up behind us and we're on a two lane road so he jumps onto the other side going towards oncoming traffic and passed us..so he was next to the rx7 and my friend just launched kinda hard and shifted into 2nd he was already ahead by like a car and a half so he let off..my bro got behind the teg and when the light turned green my bro was practically on his bumper so he jumped into the other lane and blew the doors off the ricer and he was only shifting at 5K........

sorry so long

was the integra turboed?

itd be hard for an N/A teg to keep up with a catless wrx. my N/A si i/h/e/tespipe, clucth and flywheel would keep up with stock wrx's until 4th then they would pull away.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

Originally posted by WRB03WRX
    was the integra turboed?

itd be hard for an N/A teg to keep up with a catless wrx. my N/A si i/h/e/tespipe, clucth and flywheel would keep up with stock wrx's until 4th then they would pull away.
    Nah it wasn't turbo'ed, it wasn't keeping up until 4th gear.
    I pulled away hard in second and third just not fourth.

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture 402.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *