5.Slow Pseudo-kill

This is a discussion on 5.Slow Pseudo-kill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i'm coming home from where i was the other night, and i'm stuck at the same long light that ...

5.Slow Pseudo-kill

so i'm coming home from where i was the other night, and i'm stuck at the same long light that i'm always stuck at after midnight coming home.
    along comes a true-to-life Vanilla Ice style Mustang 5.0 convertible. don't see them too often anymore, at least not at the track. he immediately starts jawing at me. i'm tired, turn down my radio, roll down the window, and say, "what?"
    "do you wanna go?"
    "not really, i'm kinda tired."
    "rice burner pansy - you know you can't win."
    oh boy, just the talk i love to hear at 1:30am. so i look over and say, "are you really aware of how much horsepower you're dealing with?"
    "yeah," he says. "that's one of them 190hp WRX's, right? what, you think you're fast cause you have that big wing?"
    i shake my head, then proceed to dump the clutch and light up all four wheels (keep in mind this is EASY considering the 35 degree temp) and let the car jump forward maybe a foot or two. i look back at him and ask, "are you still sure you wanna go?"
    he looks over, saucer-eyed, and says, "nah that's cool," turns right, and takes off.
    i shake my head and proceed home at a nice pace. musta been something scary looking about my black STi with smoke drifting off all four corners. i dunno, ya got me. *shrug*
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice

Shut him up good!
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I wish I could light up the tires on my car without creating bits of tranny all over the road. Must be nice.

Good sudo-kill anyways

muhaha

I Support ClubWRX
    Hehe, that was a real kill in my book.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I get lots of guys doing like that, except I don't respond quite the same way. I'll be off to school or to get food or to a friend's house and some compensating individual with a V8 (car, truck/SUV, doesn't matter) will get behind me or beside me and rev like crazy no matter how much I don't want to race...usually I end up just downshifting, taking off like a rocket and getting in front of them to drive the point home. ...usually works.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

yeah, most times i'll just take off, but i didn't feel like putting the effort into it this time
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667