WRX vs. JRSC'd Si

This is a discussion on WRX vs. JRSC'd Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went out for my Sunday drive today. Things were pretty uneventfull for the most part, getting rev'd on by a ...

WRX vs. JRSC'd Si

Went out for my Sunday drive today. Things were pretty uneventfull for the most part, getting rev'd on by a Spec V in traffic. Eventually I pull behind a e36 325 with an exhaust and old yuppie guy driving, decide to buslength him since the road was empty. Shortly after, I see a black Si coming up on me real fast. He gets up next to me and drops a gear. His VTEC sounded funny. To much of my surprise, I was barely walking him. That's when I realized that it was supercharged (later confirmed by JRSC badge on trunk lid). This went on a few more times, me barely pulling him from a roll. Unfortunately we never really got to go from a stop. It was a good run, the guy seemed a little upset though. Never got to talk to him about his setup.

Mods:
    K&N, Up pipe, turboback, Cobbtuning stage 2, 50shot of nitrous (no bottle for this run, otherwise it would have been ugly)
    02' WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah superchared si arent that fast at all usually good for around 200 whp and mid 14s with a good driver thats about it. Good KILL!!
    02 Blue WRX Sedan<---Gone but not Forgotten!!!!
    05 WR Blue WRX Sti <---- coming soon

nice kill. those cars have pretty mean top end with a s/c. if you held him off up top, you could have walked him off the line.

Good run. I have a friend that used to have a JRSC'd Si and he ran 13.8's all day long. He had a pulley for 10lbs of boost though. One with an 8lb pulley is good for really low 14's.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Was this the '99-'00 Si or the new Si? I know the K20A3 responds very well to the JRSC as well. Not saying you wouldn't win though.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    nice kill. those cars have pretty mean top end with a s/c. if you held him off up top, you could have walked him off the line.
    actually its quite the opposite. i also have a jrsc civic ex and its great off the line but after 70 mph the blower starts running out of air.

pretty much all my losses in that car were turbo cars passing me up right before the finish line.
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)