Saw a wicked fast SRT4 last night - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Saw a wicked fast SRT4 last night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Jaysonsrt4 Traction def needs to be addressed with that much power! Bigger tires, lsd, mm, and stronger ...

Originally posted by Jaysonsrt4
    Traction def needs to be addressed with that much power! Bigger tires, lsd, mm, and stronger axles will be a must! Awd would also be nice!
    From a roll it will definately be fun, but from a stop.....hmmm....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Turbo+AWD= cheating SOB

Run what yah brung, leave the ricer excuses at home.
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

Originally posted by 0260B4U
    Turbo+AWD= cheating SOB

Run what yah brung, leave the ricer excuses at home.
    I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just stating the fact of the obvious. Would you like to try launching a 450whp FWD car on street tires? Not me. Can you say torque steer? I would rather do that with AWD or RWD, IMHO.

Oh I know just the NO2 is cheating thing gets me, **** people tell me and my friends that have WRX's we're cheating on the launch cuz we have AWD LOL. Always want to go form a roll. Where they have the advantage. Its just funny
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

Originally posted by 0260B4U
    Oh I know just the NO2 is cheating thing gets me, **** people tell me and my friends that have WRX's we're cheating on the launch cuz we have AWD LOL. Always want to go form a roll. Where they have the advantage. Its just funny
    Oh...ok. Yeah that's stupid. Some people try to justify the downfalls with their cars by picking on things that are different in other cars that make them good.

to me awd is not cheating and i have 2 friends that have srt's. and they like the roll thing. to me drag racing is how well an driver can drive his car in a quarter mile.....i mean when they go to the track they don't let them get a rolling start....what some people don't understand is that awd can be tricky pulling out as well...
    03 wrx built 205 fpred...423whp 93oct 556whp c16
    04 sti white with gold rims. now with the fp3586r turbo...anyone wanna play? 750whp either way it's fast!!!

AWD + Turbo + Nitrous =

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    I don't want to get into a big debate or anything, but there are those who like it and those who don't. To each their own.
    That's not the point. You can dislike something but to call a perfectly legal modification "cheating" sounds like something a sore loser would say.

To me, it no different than having the ability to buy a $10 spring mod and turn up the boost on a turboed car, or buying an insanely cheap pulley to throw on a S/C'ed engine. Its a cheap and very effective modification.

I just don't understand how one could consider this mod "cheating." And please understand, there is a big difference between "disliking" something and calling it "cheating." Just my .02
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by ebr0t
    because we ALL are using it here.
    Using what?

i think nitrous is cheating because its like "Oh im loosing,*presses nitrous button*, ha ha now i win". i dont like anything that isnt there all the time.
    dont have a wrx.......yet
    I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot ( if you know what show thats from i owe you a cookie)
    Onion horoscope of the week:Pisces: (Feb. 19óMarch 20)
    The stars foretell your life continuing in much the way it always has for the next few months.

Originally posted by joethesajin
    i think nitrous is cheating because its like "Oh im loosing,*presses nitrous button*, ha ha now i win". i dont like anything that isnt there all the time.
    Read this article:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question259.htm

I'm sorry, but using something that allows you to have more oxygen during combustion, which in turn allows you to inject more fuel...along with the fact that N20 reduces intake temps..and to call that cheating? Seems like you might as well as just call CAI's and exhausts, headers, etc.. cheating since they provide more airflow which in turn gives more power. People need to educate themselves more on these mods IMO. Its no different to me vs. a guy that has 4 tuning maps on his computer and changes them according to the temps outside.

Seems to me that N20 is just an effective way to do the same things we are all trying to do when we get mods. Get more oxygen and fuel in which in turn provides more power. I see it in the same light as everything else on the market.

i know how nitrous works, thats not why i have a problem with it. i dont like it because its not on all the time, and you have to refill the bottle. also the people who say that they are NA but use nitrous make me angry.
    dont have a wrx.......yet
    I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot ( if you know what show thats from i owe you a cookie)
    Onion horoscope of the week:Pisces: (Feb. 19óMarch 20)
    The stars foretell your life continuing in much the way it always has for the next few months.

I only consider nitrous cheating when they either (1) forget to mention that when you ask them what they have or (2) tell you they're not going to use it but they do.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Eh....bottles are for babies!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    Spray? I hate nitrous. Any monkey can be qwik with that.

I call bull**** on this quote. Anyone that drives an SRT-4 can tell you that LAG does not exist on our cars. Heck my stock computer controlled boost gives me full boost (14psi) at 2300rpm. this is pure BS.

Danny
    04 SRT-4

244whp/282trq (Stock)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast