Poor Corvette
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Poor Corvette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On the way home tonight I roll up to a light with a Red C4 Vette in the lane to ...

Poor Corvette

On the way home tonight I roll up to a light with a Red C4 Vette in the lane to my right. Shortly ahead I know the right lane ends forcing him to at sometime merge left.

Light goes green and I roll out normaly, shift to second and see Mr Corvette about two cars back. Thinking that he will just merge behind me, I put it in third at about 30-35mph. As soon as I do, I see his headlights jump up. Sure enough, he's going to try and pass me on the right!

I drop it to second as quickly as I can but he is already beside me and has momentum. He got a nice sound of my turbo spooling in his ear and as soon as it does I am already passing him.

I gave him a wave as I walked his ass pretty badly but I'm not sure he saw me. I took it to the middle of third and by 80 I had 2-3 cars on him. By this time the lanes had merged and Mr. Ego had to get behind me.

I was hoping to catch another light and really smoke him but he turned off. Anyways, chalk another one up for the good guys!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kill

Thumbs up

Great Kill .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Re: Poor Corvette

Originally posted by silverscooby
    By this time the lanes had merged and Mr. Ego had to get behind me.
    I'm confused. You came here and told the story and are very proud of your victory, but you call him Mr. Ego?

as am i, wouldn't you normally look to pass people on a merge just as he did? who doesn't like running their car out?

probably because he thought he could easily pass up a wrx? i dunno

it's somewhat rude to try to overtake when you should clearly merge behind someone.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Re: Re: Poor Corvette

Originally posted by 2001S4
    I'm confused. You came here and told the story and are very proud of your victory, but you call him Mr. Ego?
    I am with him. And what is with the waving, is that some Fast and Furios thing?

Nah, I think he was waving gang symbols and stuff at the vette
    Not nearly as mean as my reeling in a Mustang yesterday... After shooting off my BOV at him, and him trying to bury me in his rear view. Sad sad sad. Just a plain Mustang at that too. Not even a GT. Guy had no clue.

Re: Re: Poor Corvette

Originally posted by 2001S4
    You know, I have given you the benefit of the doubt many times regarding your posts here. While others have called you out because every time you come on this forum it is to criticize others, I have not said a word. I think it's time someone bans your sorry ass, because you have nothing to contribute.

In case you didnt know.... THIS IS THE WRX vs WORLD FORUM What would you expect in this forum??? And yes, he was Mr. Ego who thought his big bad Corvette could pass me on the right.

Why don't you go back to your S4 boards where your arrogant attitude might be welcomed.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Re: Re: Re: Poor Corvette

In case you didnt know.... THIS IS THE WRX vs WORLD FORUM What would you expect in this forum??? And yes, he was Mr. Ego who thought his big bad Corvette could pass me on the right.[/B]
    Am I Mr. Ego Jr. for passing Honduhs on the right?
    If somebody tries to cut me off when they're not supposed to, I just shoot off the BOV a few times at them. Usually they get the point real fast. Unless they're trying to race me or something. Then I just bury them alive.

Let me get this strait....

I am going like normal, the lane he is in merges into MINE very soon and he decides that even though he is 2 cars behind me that he wants to pass me (and in turn cut me off) to merge into my lane and I am the one with the EGO beacuse I don't let him??

I think that deserved not only a wave but a flip of the bird (which I didnt do.)

I think some of you guys need to chill the **** out.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

^^^
    LOL, I was just kidding about the gang symbols thing
    Personally, anyone who can slap a vette in the face deserves a handshake!
    <----- thinks Vettes are just another POS American car.

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought it was kind of a cool story. We have similar lane drops near my house, and people are always trying to come up from behind and sneak in at the last second, which is dangerous, most of the time. I've shut down many a car trying to do this, and it's never created a hazardous situation. It is amazing how many people think they drive fast cars. (no, I don't think mine is the end of the world... )

This forum, at least as far as I understand it, is to tell tales of real-world encounters, WRX performance against other cars.

silverscooby did just that, and without being a jerk about it in my opinion.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    silverscooby did just that, and without being a jerk about it in my opinion.
    Amen!

Good run silverscoob!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: Re: Re: Poor Corvette

You know, I have given you the benefit of the doubt many times regarding your posts here. While others have called you out because every time you come on this forum it is to criticize others, I have not said a word. I think it's time someone bans your sorry ass, because you have nothing to contribute.

In case you didnt know.... THIS IS THE WRX vs WORLD FORUM What would you expect in this forum??? And yes, he was Mr. Ego who thought his big bad Corvette could pass me on the right.

Why don't you go back to your S4 boards where your arrogant attitude might be welcomed.
    Whatever dude. I said nothing that was arrogant or EGOTISTICAL. I merely asked why is he Mr. Ego when you are the one telling the story here. I will tell YOUR DUMB ASS exactly what I have told others a thousand times over. I don't have the S4 anymore. I don't care if I did or didn't, I would still go where I want. You want to ban me for merely saying I was confused by you calling this guy mr. ego? Tell you what, I will make it easier for you, I won't come around to this extremely arrogant board anymore. You, silverscooby, can go FVCK yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. look up arrogant, or just look in the mirror. You will find the true meaning of the word.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast