What a night... You guys will like this one.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What a night... You guys will like this one. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. It's 2:10am.. I just got home for the night. WARNING:SUPER LONG STORY:WARNING Anyone who's been to Ocean County ...

What a night... You guys will like this one.

Hey guys.
    It's 2:10am.. I just got home for the night.
    WARNING:SUPER LONG STORY:WARNING
    Anyone who's been to Ocean County NJ and knows the "Street racing spots" knows Route 37 in Toms River is hopping..
    My buddies and I usually work on one of our cars all night, till around 9:30, then head out to 37. There's some good racing.. Abuot 20 cars will pile up at Wawa, and another 20 at White castle..eventually people talk trash, it's kind of like Fast and Furious I guess, but this area is basicly a bunch of hicks and gearheads who work to work their cars, if you know what I mean.
    Note:From here on there is street racing stories. I am not really a big fan of the actual racing myself, I usually just go watch and talk with some of the knowledgable domestic and import groupies just because Subies get equal respect from both realms.. and I love cars This time of course, we got bored and cruised with 'the big guys"

The night of racing started off with a 3000gt. This guy did a burnout, tached it up, the whole works.
    It's not even an interesting story, I didn't know I was racing him until he went past me, exhaust screaming.. i just tapped the gas and got a carlength ahead of him..and kept it that way till he finally got the point

It was pretty dull after that, basicly just my 2 buddies with CBs and I goofin off on the radios.. We blocked in some jackass that was tailgating us and "radioed into station" his plates, which was really just us trying to act like cops

So..we turn around again, hit the wawa up..theres a couple guys there, so we stop and chat. One guys got a built motor with a 200shot of nitrous, and the other is also fully built with a kenbelle supercharger. Both cars have time slips for 12seconds before their nitrous/supercharger upgrades (Early chrismtas gifts i guess?) Eventually we get bored and go "Cruise".
    Well, now it's myself, these 2 mustangs (tubbed, juiced, and running drag radials with ilttle 3" wide wheels on the front) my buddy in his prelude, another friend in a 3.2acura type s, and some annoying kid in a v6 auto 91 camaro that was riding my ase.
    We eventually relize its jut us, and everyones on the other side of the road, so we hit the jughandle. I asked the guy if he wanted to go on the turn, since I would stick through the turn and get a little lead before he blew my face off. He agreed, being a real cool guy, and it was on.
    Light changes, and i just roll, no crazy launch, as soon as the turn started, i gassed it, broke all 4 loose (turn, i dont have THAT much power *Yet) and hit 2nd, by the time i was in 2nd the guy in the mustang was about ready for 3rd...squirt...byebye.. he took off. At the next light, the other guy catches up (3lane road) and we're lined up..mustang..me..mustang. The light changes, i drop the hammer and I'm ahead until halfway through 2nd. The nitrous mustang opted to not use his nitrous this time (Set at 75shot or somethign anyway when screwing around) and he krept up, and then passed me (Still a 12 sec car without the nitrous folks) the super charged mustang.. Well..let's just say he allowed him self a moment to bake the tires when the other light was going yellow, was still baking them when the nitrous stang and I took off, and proceeded to launch after we were halfway through the intersection. Ladies and gentlemen, even with 500horsepower, a tubbed out stang with drag radials and perfect gearing, driven by an excellent driver, will definatly make your AWD get a little jealous. He was just off and toying with me and the nitrous guy. We all rolled windows down and basicly just cracked up, because it was so much fun.. no cars around, just 3 fast cars and some loony drivers gettin their moneys worth out of their cars..
    So..mid-BOOK update... 1 win for me (silly 3000gt) 2 loses to these stangs.
    Continueing on..we pass a GN.. this guy couldnt drive.. at the light, I took off..the mustangs hung back, and the GN just sat their doing a burnout, I dont think he understood releasing his foot from the gas at all.. so I guess I won that one.. yay.
    So on we go...its around 1 now..and people are just startin to come out of their holes..i mean..garages..and theres a good amount of cars out.
    Up comes every little stage2 or 3..(or whatever I am, full exhaust, mbc, ic hoses and BOV ) drivers dream... left lane..SRT4...right lane...STi...and right in the middle. ME!
    The SRT4 guy was pretty cool, they were making video...so at the light they shut it off, and made sure I wanted to "run"
    Of course I did..the guy in the STi kept his windows shut, and he didnt want anything. That's fine, I had an SRT4 on my hands
    So we come up to another light.. and the SRT4 is like 4cars back..at the red light. Out comes the camera, tapes me, goes back in the car...does a 4 or 5 second burnout..pulls up to me..takes video camera out again...and tapes it.
    On the launch I had him, but he stuck right into 2nd, pulled pretty hard...into 3rd we were even, and we shut it down around 80 (Once again..still open, no cars on the road, and the few that were saw us coming and moved over, cause they knew we were racin')
    Turns out the SRT4 had some decent mods, BOV, exhaust, and some other trinkets he didnt tell me about..
    So we're at a jughandle to turn around, and I'm chatting with the STi guy. If you're on here reading this, you'll know me. I'm the nerd with the CB antenna telling you where everyone usually meets to race
    I decided to do a little dry-drifting around this jug handle and the STi decideed to keep up with me.. We both hit it and stayed about even, I'm not sure who won because low and behold..at 70mph, I see 2 dreaded parking lights, and no sooner did i spot them, they became high beam headlights, which then turned into a white moving car, which then moved into just the right angle for me to see "Police", which then proceeded to pull out behind the pack behind us following the Suby-race.
    Well, he was pretty far back...and there were sideroads..so I decided the safest thing ( ) was to "ease" my way around a turn "Using my blinker" and "slowly" head down yet another empty sideroad.
    I wont get into detail, but basicly I knew the area and got myself out of that mess quick.
    That got my heart going.. Yea, I shuold have pulled over, but something told me to ease down that sideroad so..whatever.
    So we decided to call it a night after that fiasco, and what would you know.. heading home on the Garden State Parkway, an RX7 zooms up and starts revving something feirce. We decided to go on that, and long story short, RX7 misses a gear, WRX wins.
    So on the night.. Beat a ghetto 3000gt, RX7, and GN. Were they really wins? Nah, but I have self esteem too! Lost to 2 11second mustangs, a 10second SS camaro, modified SRT4, and whatever else. This damn stories way too long, I'm gonna have to copywrite it or something.

Anyway, with that said, that's everything in full minus the cop story..if you want to hear that..well, i'll just tell it some other time.
    Safe driving, don't be idiots and do what I did. Everyone says it, but I took it as a good reason to throw the car up on blocks and get to work. I don't need to be on the road for a few days at least, and i'm not lettin no stinkin SRT4s beat me ever again :-p

Sorry for such a long story. Night--
    Scott
    www.thewrxstore.com
    T3/T4 Kits starting @ $2500.

630.510.8981- Voice
    630.510.9978- Fax

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Almost everyone with an opportunity to escape easily from a cop without incident or without them right behind you with lights flashing would probably have done the same thing.

But you're gonna have to modify the heck out of your car if you don't ever want to lose to another srt-4 again Those things are crazy fast and will only get fastAr with time.

Eh... t3/t4 and a lil ole front mount with 800cc injectors full standalone managment and an STi trans should do it though, right?
    Can't wait for spring
    Scott
    www.thewrxstore.com

630.510.8981- Voice
    630.510.9978- Fax

My Gawd you had more action in 3 hours than most people see in a year!! You sure you weren't playing NFS underground?!?!
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    My Gawd you had more action in 3 hours than most people see in a year!! You sure you weren't playing NFS underground?!?!
    lmao. yea i would have ran too. there have been a couple of times when ive raced and cops have hit the flashers...but once i see they have gone for the other(slower) guy ...im gone

frederick

p.s - isnt it snowing up there...and you guys are still racing...thats wild//sorrie, never driven up north...so just wondering
    Last edited by ONeBadREx; 12-27-2003 at 07:52 AM.
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    Route 37 is ALWAYS like that. Too many cops though.

Yeah, 37 will have racing unless there is literally snow on the ground. Guys have been coming out from Philly and up north, and a few from AC lately. I probably won't go out tonite, which is usually the biggest night.. at least in my car. The last thing I need is a cop to remember my car and pull me over for no reason simply because of last night.
    I stopped over the SRT boards to try and find the guy I raced and I think I may have found em. They were the first cool SRT guys I've raced/talked with so maybe I can work out a nice SRT/WRX relationship locally.
    Frankly I don't care if I win or lose races on the street. There's so many modifiers and when it comes down to it, it's all who puts more money into their car to go fast in a straight line. Up until the development of our t3/t4s, I was gearing my car to do rallys and the next thing going in was going to be some beefy suspension/welded strut tops and the works.. So, if I can get some guys to show their cars full potential then it makes my night. The SS was really a sight to see, and I'd love to go w/the SRT4 again without heatsoak.. I think it would be a DAMN good race
    Scott
    www.thewrxstore.com

630.510.8981- Voice
    630.510.9978- Fax

lets jsut say i saw a cop, i knew i was speeding, i took off, i kept going down "sidestreet", 110.....120........130.....136.......fuel cut down hill.....then i say **** what the hell am i doing so i slow down half a mile later and who do i see haulling at about 100........johnny law........lights blarrin and all, so i pull over.......the arrest happens and the court date set, i got lucky though. all tickets dropped accept bogus drag racing one. wasnt charged monitary fines for any of them instad got 35 hours community service and 1 year super. and 8 hours driving school

sorry for the pirating of your post
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

That sucks about the arrest and stuff
    The mistake you made was stopping I guess. Once you're going you jus' gotta keep turnin hehe
    Who knows.. bad bad people out there

Scott
    www.thewrxstore.com

630.510.8981- Voice
    630.510.9978- Fax

Hey man I hear ya on the backroad too.... I had a guy in a white Escalade EXT using me for radar bait(I had the radar detector, he didnt). So since he was on my ass, I slowed down to let him pass and he wouldnt, so I slowed down further(speed limit being 65) to 35mph. He finally passed and then speed up in front of me and I returned to my previous speed too. Then he slows down so I will pass him up AGAIN. So, i was like screw this guy I am getting out of here. This was back in the day when not this many mods were on. So I got about 100 yards behind him and did one hell of a "ricer flyby" haha(and no I dont do them if I race ever, which I dont, anyways) I proceeded to leave this guy and looked down at the speedo passing 115 and I topped a crest in the road and BERRRRRRRRRRRRR the V1 was yelling at me at the top of its lungs SLOW DOWN, lol. HP clocked me at around 120 going the opposite way. I was like, there is no way in hell I am getting pulled over because some guy made me mad enough to do this stupid crap. So, I ummm drifted around the next 90 degree corner and drove down some road for like 6 minutes in absolute BUM F Egypt. I turned around and went back on my way. HAHAHA and guess what.... I turned back onto the road I had previously turned off and drove for maybe 3 miles and I saw that EXT on the side of the road, so maybe he had gotten pulled over and the cop had left, maybe he was waiting on me again, I dont know. But, you talk about a pucker factor.....this was like less than a straight pin pucker factor, LOL.

Ahh well. Now I just dont let those jackasses get to me. I dont wanna have a heart attack running from cops at 20, haha.

RJ
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.