Me Vs Tubo Lexus Is300
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me Vs Tubo Lexus Is300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; on my way to work i see a lexus is300 red lowered and tinted windows in the middle lane... im ...

Me Vs Tubo Lexus Is300

on my way to work i see a lexus is300 red lowered and tinted windows in the middle lane...

im going about 75 mph on the fast lane i pull next to him and he bolts ..

im like geez there was no need for that.. he slows down again im still going 75mph, my front bumper is next to his rear bumper and -- VERRROOMMM he bolts again...

im saying whats up with this dude i aint trying to race...

the way he took off i knew he had a turbo.. 3 rd time.. i pull next to him and as soon as my front bumper was next to his rear i dropped it into 3rd and where OFF !!! going about 130mph i take the win,

his car was quick but i won by by 1/2 car..

i later talked to my friend about the race and he said that kid had a turbo ...

i just laughed because he needs more work concerding he lost to my stock turbo

3 cheers for me

my mods

bov
    uppipe
    downpipe
    header
    catback exhaust
    intake
    colder plugs
    unichip
    bigger tmic
    avcr boosting @15psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not that I don't want to believe you, but I think he is still N/A with some bolt-ons. Turboed IS300 is insane if tune right. I'm sure any body who's willing to turbo their IS300 knows what they are doing. Since your car is still on stock turbo and you raced from top-end, there is no way you could had beat him. Sorry...
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Not that I don't want to believe you, but I think he is still N/A with some bolt-ons. Turboed IS300 is insane if tune right. I'm sure any body who's willing to turbo their IS300 knows what they are doing. Since your car is still on stock turbo and you raced from top-end, there is no way you could had beat him. Sorry...
    Just because an is300 has a turbo doesn't necessarily mean that it's tuned properly. If you check out some is300 turbo setups some are in the 13s. It's just that the 11sec ones are glorified to hell and back. and for good reason...
    Last edited by jungdragon; 12-26-2003 at 06:12 PM.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Originally posted by jungdragon
    Just because an is300 has a turbo doesn't necessarily mean that it's tuned properly. If you check out some is300 turbo setups some are in the 13s. It's just that the 11sec ones are glorified to hell and back. and for good reason...
    So your telling me a turboed IS300 will still get whoop by a WRX on top-end (even though that's where we sux) ?

umm... a stage 1 toyomoto turbo in a is300 dynos over 300 hp to the wheels.
    ur telling u beat a turbocharged is300 with ur no topend wrx?
    hard to believe
    Z33

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey, I believe you. Anything's possible in the real world (read: NOT magazine pages). Reminds me of the turbo Civics/Integras/Ludes I see at the track that run mid 14's and trap in the mid 90s. Most people would say those would KILL a WRX 99% of the time, yet lightly modded Rexes run a second quicker and trap closer to 100mph. Hell, a crappily driven Z06 ran a 13.9 next to a GN. Also, with your mods is not as if the Subie is weak up high.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

People make it seem like every car that a WRX races will have a proffesional driver in it. Many factors go into the race. Was it tuned right and was he a sucky driver are only 2. My stock WRX beat a stock EVO 8. When I talked to the guy he said he was just learning how to drive stick and got his vehicle 2 weeks prior to me racing him.
    I didnt post the kill becuase I beat the driver, not the car.

All I am saying is that you shouldnt say that it is impossible that a modded IS300 would never lose to a WRX.

I should also mention that I was learning how to drive stick when I first got my car and a week after I got it my buddy in his stock Elantra beat me. He took some professional driving lessons in Wisconsin and when I let him drive my car he was woopin cars left and right.

Sorry, I cant stop typing. I now can beat the stock Elantra but will never beat his 11sec 1/4 mile Mustang

Pretty much I also agree with Integra96
    Bleeding true blue.

"That gasp you just heard was National League hitters after hearing that Mark Prior has added a couple extra MPH to his fastball this winter."

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold
    04 Black Forester XT - Nice

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    So your telling me a turboed IS300 will still get whoop by a WRX on top-end (even though that's where we sux) ?
    I didn't say there was anything spectacular about our cars topend. But you probably have no idea about the topend of the is300 do you. It's more or less the same topend as a wrx. I race my friends IS a lot and I can pull on him from any speed even carrying a passenger.
    I'm not denying the outrageous potential a turbo unlocks on the is300 but an IS running 13s would not necessarily annihilate a wrx running comparable 1/4 mile times.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

umm it doesnt exactly take much driver skill to mash the pedal and shift when you are already on a roll. generally the place where driver skill comes into play is from a dig, where traction and such becomes a problem.

Originally posted by 97SupraTT
    umm it doesnt exactly take much driver skill to mash the pedal and shift when you are already on a roll. generally the place where driver skill comes into play is from a dig, where traction and such becomes a problem.

yea i was gonna say the same thing, but it seems to be pointless anyways
    Z33

yea im not buying it, he may have had a huge intake which allowed for some whistling. Thats a 3 liter engine, if it was boosted, its still going to make more horse to the rear wheels than a rex on stock turbah... im sure it was modded, as rex's decimate most n/a IS300's.

another thing i noticed on the road, was that the exhaust note on the IS300 sounds dramatically different from that of the supra. (higher and not as throaty) Im wondering if the different cam, and compression ratio makes for a higher note, or Is this due to the supra having the turbo impeller in the exhaust path??
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Anything is possible, some dude around here has a sick IS turbo with wide body that runs 11s. The same day at the track I saw an EVO run a 15.9 and a SRT-4 run a 15.6......anything is possible
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Originally posted by Mabf355
    Anything is possible, some dude around here has a sick IS turbo with wide body that runs 11s. The same day at the track I saw an EVO run a 15.9 and a SRT-4 run a 15.6......anything is possible
    yea on the drag strip its different...but we are talking about from a roll here.
    did the is300 miss like 3 shifts or something?
    Z33

Originally posted by 97SupraTT
    Who's that girl in your avatar? She looks nice the chinese model I seen before? Very cute!

i will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he won the race, because anything can happen on the street. although, car for car, the is300 should have walked by him.

the engine is very similar to the supra engine, except for some minor changes, and supra engines are known for their top end, and that is actually where an is300 turbo would shine, because in a dig it would very likely have traction problems at high boost.
    (this is for the member that said that is300 top end is not much better than wrx's.)

also, like many others have said.... 300whp or 12sec e.t. is easily achieved with a turbo and tunning on an is300. and even if it was running 13's because of a bad driver, not proper tuning, etc... thats very similar to what the this wrx driver is running with his mods, and either way the is300 has better top end, so it should still win.

and also, i dont think that racing from a roll is just smashing your foot on the gas. most people dont drive around in 2nd or 3rd gear. it takes skill to be able to downshift and rev match the rpms so you can get optimal take off, and know which gear to use when downshifting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.