Me Vs Tubo Lexus Is300 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Me Vs Tubo Lexus Is300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; why try and compare other cars to an IS that doesn't exist? Why not a turbo'd is300 instead? There are ...

why try and compare other cars to an IS that doesn't exist?
    Why not a turbo'd is300 instead? There are tons of IS's...and they're pretty much all putting down more than 300rwhp...not the wimpy 300 crank hp like the IS430

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Theres so much variability in the boosted IS's. They can go from 300 whp to 700. I was just comparing based on the specs of the RMM IS430 which, if the "Lexus" IS430 makes it into production, will most likely resemble.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by BassMan097
    Theres so much variability in the boosted IS's. They can go from 300 whp to 700. I was just comparing based on the specs of the RMM IS430 which, if the "Lexus" IS430 makes it into production, will most likely resemble.
    Well, most of the people I know are in the mid-300 range for whp and I know a few that are up near 800rwhp.

A "highly tuned" WRX that you're speaking of should be pretty competitive for a boosted IS. Forget the IS430 cause it's an overprice, unrealistic car. Compare WRX's to boosted IS's.

I've done a little bit of work on WRX's (you have to jack up the engine to get to the fockin up-pipe??? ) and I have to say the car is very fun to toss around and drive. With some work, and perhaps something bigger than a fist sized turbo and that car can be made into a rocket. It is definately worth the sticker price on the car.

I'm not trying to start a flame or troll war. That's not my intention. I'm just saying if you want to compare a modified WRX to an IS...don't compare it to the IS430. The boosted ones my friends drive will blow dingleberries on the 430. Comparing a modified WRX to the 430 is like peeing with your pants still on.

haha, nice analogy. I understand your point. I agree about the IS430 as well (overprised, etc). And it all comes down to how deep your pockets are. I'm at 320 whp now on a stock motor and trans. The pe1820 can hold 450 whp, but the motor and trans cannot. My plan is to drop in an axis power racing motor and valvetrain, a custom race trans, and replace the 1820 with one of the new garrett dual ball bearing turbo's. My goal is somewhere around 450-500 awhp. Even after all this is finished, its still going to be less than a heavily modded IS (toyomoto stage 5.5 is $30k). At the end of the day, it all comes down to what you like. If you like an IS, get one. If its not fast enough for your liking, boost it. Same with the wrx, if the top end is crappy (which it is, stock), replace the turbo, stroke the motor out, etc. Oh well, enough ranting for now.

peace

Pics:

Well, I've spent about 8k so far.
    Including mani, T04B super h3 , 440 injectors, 255l walbro, Blitz DD, Blitz SBC ID V3, UEGO 1000 Wideband, a set of 3 Blitz BLM gauges, tranny cooler, e-manage, lowered compression on stock motor.

This has cost me about 8k so far.
    With a return fuel line, and switching the 440's to 550's then I could run prob 450rwhp or more. All on a stock motor.

The toyo stage 5.5 is not really 30k. Website prices always differ than what is really offered.

You can do a lot for much much less.

I actually know a guy with the toyomoto stage 5.5...i think he paid somewhere in the low 20's. He did opt for the getrag as well, so that might have something to do with what he paid. Whats the limit of the stock IS trans? Everyone used to say around 400 or so, and after that it was prudent to swap in the getrag.

Pics:

Dan?

Anyway, the stock 5spd holds **** for power. People have been blowing them around 350rwhp or even less.

The auto tranny holds well over 400 though.

yeah, i was referring to dan...wow, i wasnt aware that the 5spd's were blowing at 350. Thats the point I'm trying to make. My tranny is barely holding together at 320 (but I know guys that have made 350 on the stock trans), but its AWD. So, if you have a 300 whp or so IS, what are you going to run in the 1/4? hi 13's? A smiliarly powered wrx will run low to mid 12's. Basically what I'm saying is that after you make some decent power with the IS (300-400), you're gonna have to replace the trans, which is a big project (not to mention costly), especially if you're switching from the auto.

Pics:

It's not that big of a project...other tranny's like the W58 holds up very well and is a relatively cheaper alternative to other tranny's IS people swap to (V160 supra 6-speed). But the automatic transmission can hold way more power than the manual...luckily I have an auto so i'm not worrying as much.
    2003 Lexus IS300
    SRT Stage 2 Turbo
    320RWHP @ 8.7 PSI
    ...15 PSI this month!

Thats good to hear. Good luck with your boost increase...Don't forget to post dyno's!

Pics:

One day I saw a nice rex
    Who wanted to show off and flex
    So I started to drive
    And his car came alive
    but his car couldn't beat my lex

Wow, that was gay. If you're ever in the jersey area let me know, we can meet and go from a dig (you know, real racing, not this 'from a roll' highway crap). Or, if you want, I can just send you a pic of my taillights now.
    Last edited by BassMan097; 02-27-2004 at 02:43 PM.

Pics:

It's true my limerick was crass
    But I didn't say "kiss my ass"
    Just a friendly rhyme
    At an opportune time
    who cares who's car gets passed.

My car did just get passed on the highway...by a gt2...wasnt racing, just crusing around 75, he must have flown by at 130 or so...just saw a grey streak...

Pics:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.