Me Vs Tubo Lexus Is300 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59

This is a discussion on Me Vs Tubo Lexus Is300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 20wrx02 thats why i found it hard to belive that i beat him.... It was even dude. ...

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2
    Originally posted by 20wrx02 thats why i found it hard to belive that i beat him....
    It was even dude. BTW, I was only running @0.5bar.
    Last edited by wz1999; 12-29-2003 at 11:09 PM.
    02 IS300 Turbo

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User 20wrx02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    South East Mass
    Posts
    667
    so it was you mystery man

  4. #18
    Registered User blackshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Milan, Italy & Arnhem, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,564
    Originally posted by wz1999
    It was even dude. BTW, I was only running @0.5bar.
    other half of the story, please?

    And would you mind posting some more info on your car? I love IS's
    autobahn storming scooby

  5. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    dirty souf
    Posts
    80
    Originally posted by wz1999
    It was even dude. BTW, I was only running @0.5bar.

    you should be ashamed of yourself losing to a modded wrx in a is300 haha
    Z33

  6. #20
    Registered User Dooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    169
    Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Who's that girl in your avatar? She looks nice the chinese model I seen before? Very cute!
    Thats not a chinese model.. thats a korean singer named Lee Hyori.. shes one hot muffin =P
    *04' Black Pearl WRX Sedan*


    **RISEN ONCE AGAIN**

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    6
    I ran a WRX with a lot of stuff done to his car. VF23 turbo, RFL BOV, FMIC with spray bar, reworked tranny gears etc... I think he's on this board but i'm not sure. I ran 9 pounds of boost and here's the vid:

    http://www.1sourcehost.com/is300/lil...2vsWRXVF23.mov

    He dyno'd at 282AWHP.
    2003 Lexus IS300
    SRT Stage 2 Turbo
    320RWHP @ 8.7 PSI
    ...15 PSI this month!

  8. #22
    Moderator Integra96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    16,989
    I Support ClubWRX
    You have a fast car.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2
    Originally posted by blackshadow
    other half of the story, please?

    And would you mind posting some more info on your car? I love IS's
    im running an srt stage 2 turbo kit with a gutted CAT, stock resinator and an hks jdm muffler. its running a little on the rich side i need to bring it to get her dyno tuned. and now on to the good stuff.
    the night in question i was only running .5 bar and the kit is capable of running .65 bar which is close to 9psi. i wasn' t even really racing him.i mean i didn't even down shift thats right i was in 5th gear the whole time, he said that he down shifted to third???i do admit we were pretty even until i hit my speed limmiter. then the next thing i know someones postimg a kill story on a wrx forum when it wasn't even really a kill. so i let you guys be the judge
    02 IS300 Turbo

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mother****ing Cleveland
    Posts
    286
    I'm not taken sides with any person, just my 2 cents. You can agree or disagree.

    There are always two sides of a story. Especially in racing with people on the street...you know the deal: you roll up next to a car and both cars decided to drive faster. One of the two parties will say that "I didn't even have to go WOT" or "I only downshifted one gear"...and it keeps going on and on and on.

    That's what you get when racing someone that you just saw on the street. It's different if the two talked before the race...agreeing to start from a given speed/stop and shutting down at a certain speed/distance.

    I mean it's street racing...anything goes, with the exception of trying to "take out" the other guy. It's also the exciting thing about street racing, you don't know what the other car is packing under the hood/trunk.

  11. #25
    Registered User 20wrx02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    South East Mass
    Posts
    667
    Originally posted by wz1999
    im running an srt stage 2 turbo kit with a gutted CAT, stock resinator and an hks jdm muffler. its running a little on the rich side i need to bring it to get her dyno tuned. and now on to the good stuff.
    the night in question i was only running .5 bar and the kit is capable of running .65 bar which is close to 9psi. i wasn' t even really racing him.i mean i didn't even down shift thats right i was in 5th gear the whole time, he said that he down shifted to third???i do admit we were pretty even until i hit my speed limmiter. then the next thing i know someones postimg a kill story on a wrx forum when it wasn't even really a kill. so i let you guys be the judge

    - u say ur running .5 bars?
    -you said you werent really racing?
    -if you werent racing then why did you hit ur speed limiter ?

    u hit the limiter therefore thats why i took victory --
    i saw u fall back did i know u hit the limiter NOPE !

    i also gave alot of credit to your car being fast --
    was it fair that you hit your limiter no of course not ... was i still going 140mph yes....

    dude its crushed both our cars are fast.. i know you can take me out in higher gears and i could take you down low....

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    dirty souf
    Posts
    80
    Originally posted by 20wrx02
    - u say ur running .5 bars?
    -you said you werent really racing?
    -if you werent racing then why did you hit ur speed limiter ?

    u hit the limiter therefore thats why i took victory --
    i saw u fall back did i know u hit the limiter NOPE !

    i also gave alot of credit to your car being fast --
    was it fair that you hit your limiter no of course not ... was i still going 140mph yes....

    dude its crushed both our cars are fast.. i know you can take me out in higher gears and i could take you down low....

    you can prolly take him down low until his turbo spools...then bye bye wrx
    Z33

  13. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    10
    You think you can take a boosted IS on the highway?

    Next time, race when he feels like downshifting. There's no way for you on your mods to take that boosted IS.

    The 5spd IS puts down about 330-350 rwhp with wz1999's mods.

    And as one of the more noted members of the IS300 community said, the IS is "an up top car baby".

    From a dig, AWD's def got the advantage. At highway speeds you're asking for a spanking.


    That was not a race.

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    282
    Modded IS300's are sweet!

  15. #29
    BDR
    BDR is offline
    Registered User BDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    317
    who cares if he could take him again, the guy says he was runnin in 5th the whole time. why didn't push it if he tried the WRX 3 times and when the sooby pushed back he was in 5th the whole time, "please"!

    he might be able to win, but he din't that day!
    03 WRX Wht
    "Big Pimpin, Never Slippin"
    mods
    !PICS!
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=1#post1576677

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    10
    he didn't push it cause he was unsure of his A/F ratio and a seal in his turbine housing was leaking so he was blowing oil into his intake system.

    good luck to scoobies up top. They don't stand a chance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •