Grand Prix - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Grand Prix within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by soon2BWRXd As for why there are so many GP owners I have no idea? Personally I like ...

Originally posted by soon2BWRXd

As for why there are so many GP owners I have no idea? Personally I like this board MUCH better since you guys can act like mature adults(which is pretty sad cause I would guess tat the average age here is lower than the average age on clubGP), on the GP board this would be about 27 pages of pure BS, and the non stop flaming would last for weeks...if not months
    As for myself, I am doing research....since I plan on giving Subaru some of my hard earned money as soon as possible
    I agree, this is a very good board. I dont own a wrx, but plan to get one when i have a good amount of money saved. right now i drive a GSR integra, but i spend much more time on this board than the integra or maxima forums (my last 2 cars were maximas).

The maturity level seems much higher, and when you post people arnt so quick to flame or call BS, or give sarcastic remarks. Also, in this forums it seems like the mods are just another car enthusiest. In other board, they let the power go to their head and they think they are gods or something.

+1 for clubwrx
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by DavesGTP
    I was actually comparing the Max SE auto to the GTP when I got the GTP. At that time, my goal was actually to get a fast automatic 4-dr car, not a 5-speed. The car I was trading in was a 5-speed, and I was tired of doing all the shifting in gridlock bumper to bumper traffic. I was ready for an automatic at that time. The GTP was a 15.0 second car. The Max was a 15.9 second car. I got a much much better deal and a much better interest rate on the GTP, so I went with it. I don't regret it.

My mom had a '95 Max GXE for a long time, and it was a nice car. However, believe it or not, I wouldn't venture to say that the quality of that car was any better than my GTP. The interior even rattled just as much. Just my opinion.
    the auto max is much slower than the GTP and the manual maxima. either way, if you happy with your car, thats all that matters. who cares what people like me say, because i am not the one driving your car.

btw... how old are you? or how long did you drive that 5speed. I am only 18 years old, and i really dont like driving automatic. I cant see myself driving anything other than a manual trans. I hope i dont get old and get tired of driving manual, unless my daily commute was in heavy traffic, and i noticed you said you sat in grid lock often.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    the auto max is much slower than the GTP and the manual maxima. either way, if you happy with your car, thats all that matters. who cares what people like me say, because i am not the one driving your car.

btw... how old are you? or how long did you drive that 5speed. I am only 18 years old, and i really dont like driving automatic. I cant see myself driving anything other than a manual trans. I hope i dont get old and get tired of driving manual, unless my daily commute was in heavy traffic, and i noticed you said you sat in grid lock often.
    I turn 28 in 2 weeks.....
    I normally have a 5-speed, have it for a few years, then get an automatic for a few years, then go back and forth and back and forth. My previous car was a '98 Cavalier Z24 5-speed and I drove it for 3 years before getting the GTP.
    Dave
    '01 GTP 4-dr
    Best ET: 13.490 @ 103.51
    2.115 sec. 60'
    Basic mods

Originally posted by keystah
    I have a question. Why are there so many non WRX owners on clubwrx.net? To each his own I guess, but frankly I don't go onto the 5.0 forum or whatever.
    I would say their are a lot of non WRX owners on here because we are all enthusiates, and just about everyone on here has a car that is "BLOWN", in one way shape or form....Or is just interested in getting BLOWN. Plus the WRX is a pretty unique car and a lot of people want to know more about it. Just my .02

CLUBWRX ROCKS!!!!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

uke
    deleted- double posted

uke
    I have a question. Why are there so many non WRX owners on clubwrx.net? To each his own I guess, but frankly I don't go onto the 5.0 forum or whatever.
    Ditto the reasons given above. I was originally set on getting a WRX when I found these boards. Unfortunately, it just cost too much, but the people on this board were so cool, I decided to join anyway. Sadly, I only goto clubgp.com to get info on my Grand Prix, but lots of the people on there are total jerks. Not so here.

I like ClubWRX. , mainly because its one of the nicer forums and people do not post about smoking LS1's in their WRX's like other forums....SRTFourms, etc... I agree the new GP's arent as nice as the 97-03's but I like the interior better.

Although the Comp-G's can look really nice.....

http://www.kanco.com/gp/photos/9.jpg

Greg

13.332 @ 103 1.9760ft

<$1000 in mods & in street trim

www.apisureshot.com/gtp/1339.wmv

Originally posted by Shoregtp
    I like ClubWRX. , mainly because its one of the nicer forums and people do not post about smoking LS1's in their WRX's like other forums....SRTFourms, etc... I agree the new GP's arent as nice as the 97-03's but I like the interior better.

Although the Comp-G's can look really nice.....

http://www.kanco.com/gp/photos/9.jpg

Greg

13.332 @ 103 1.9760ft

<$1000 in mods & in street trim

www.apisureshot.com/gtp/1339.wmv
    i think that GP comp G you posted looks like an oversized sunfire.

nice video though. your times are impressive for less than a 1grand in mods. keep it up

GM has to resort to mud slinging to sell vehicles. Have you seen the GMC commercial with the old style F-150 chasing it. What a load of bullshhhh. I grew up a GM musclecar man and I still think that Ford pickups kick the crap out of GM pickups.

-Jim

Pontiac commercial

I love you Subie guys! I never saw any uproar on my Evo forum about that lame commercial but I saw it and it made me laugh. I was so happy when you guys picked up and ran with that absurd commerical. Even the new GTO doesn't match the Evo (or the STI). But they had to pick on the helpless little commuter lancer to show their dominance.... Pontiac sucks. They haven't made a good car since the early seventies. By the way, my first car was a 1967 Pontiac Catalina I bought in 1981. It was an awesome cruiser. Pontiac should try marketing their Aztek by comparing it to an AMC Pacer.
    Traded Wrx Wagon for O3 Evo

Even the new GTO doesn't match the Evo
    Whatever.....anything other than a dead stop the GTO will hammer the Evo.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Pontiac sucks. They haven't made a good car since the early seventies.
    WHOA! I guess the late model Trans Am SUCKS!!!
    Stock or something close to it.....

Whatever.....anything other than a dead stop the GTO will hammer the Evo.
    uhhh...... Time to find the flame suit Gator!

Eevn from a dead stop if you run it out a 1/4 mile it will be a close race. From a roll....I got my money on the GTO especially considering it's 104+ trap speed dead stock!

HOWEVER!!! the GTO can't match the EVOs Skidpad, slalom, or all around track presence! Plus I would rather have the AWD in the winter!
    Stock or something close to it.....

We all saw this one coming....

Hasta la vista, baby.

-Jim

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.