WRX vs. Licoln LS Sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Licoln LS Sedan within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was out driving on 332 (Newtown, PA), it's a 2 lane road with no posted speed limit (55 is ...

WRX vs. Licoln LS Sedan

I was out driving on 332 (Newtown, PA), it's a 2 lane road with no posted speed limit (55 is assumed then) that rarely has any cops on it. I pulled up to a nice STi, hoping to coax him into a roll race with a surge, but he continued to hold up traffic at 35mph. I continued on @ 55mph, not driving like an ass-hat or anything. Eventually I get to a light a younger guy (20's) pulls up to me in a newer Licoln LS sedan. The LS is a 4 door Lincoln, priced in the 40-50k range I believe (no promises) with a 280HP SOHC V8 made by ford. Probably the 4.6 from the GT with better heads, again I don't really know. Anyways, he has his windows down and I can hear his techno blaring at me and he begins to laugh at me. He then turns to his passenger and mutters something then looks at me again grinning. Spikey-haired *******. The light goes green and he takes off. I goose it to 3k at about 1/4 throttle and let him take 2 length. I go WOT and hit 2nd, as soon as I pulled it into 2nd gear I activated the nitrous oxide. I shift into third as I'm passing him like he's sitting still. I continue to pull more cars as I put it in 4th. I think to myself "Buslengths? Yes!" and continue to spray. All of the sudden the car bucks down and I get a huge "WOOOOOOOOOOOOSH." Well, I haven't quite gotten my GREDDY TYPE ARRRRRR RFL SUPER VENT 101% TO THE ATMOSPHERE AND GET ATTENTION bov yet, so I wondered what was up. No metal clanking, just no boost. The car then stalled out as I pulled up to the light. The ******* in the Lincoln pulled up with the usual "holy**** what do you have i didnt expect that". I hit the flashers, get out and check the bay. Probably the stock IC hoses...I reach down to see if its disconnected (2nd degree burns on my hand from the turbo). Yep, forgot to tighten the clamp last night.. I eventually limp to a parking lot (unable to start the car for more than 3 seconds b/c of extremely rich condition). Then, like a man, with a cresent wrench and a swiss army knife I take off the I/C and fix the problem. I hope everyone enjoyed my story and has a Merry Christmas.
    02' WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

great story, very entertaining.

no gloating or stuck up "my car is FASTAR the JOO!!!" bs. and you admitted that you f'd something up in the process.

very nice kill, btw
    03, wrx, aspen white, K&N drop in filter, for now waitin for warranty to go bye bye.

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that I blocked traffic for like 10 minutes. That was extremely embarrassing, people were getting really pissed off too b/c I'm sure they were rushing to tis the commerical season. Out of hundreds of cars only 2 stopped and asked if I was alright.
    02' WRX

Good kill.

Been there, done that before in regards to the hoses popping off. I was out racing some buddies and as soon as I hit full boost I heard a loud whooshing and everything died. I pulled off and tightened everything up and went back out. Next time the same thing happened. T-bolt clamps came the next day!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That wern't no hod rod lincoln.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

The LS has a 3.9 liter v8 with 250hp and runs mid-low 15's in the 1/4. I decided on a Grand Marquis instead because it was moddable for cheap since it does share the Mustang drivetrain and has twice the room for the things you use a sedan for in the first place. Mine already runs 15.0 for $400 in mods so it's a start

I have seen a sprayed LS run 13.30s with no other visible mods.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

LS has 280 hp and 286 lb-ft of torque now, compared to 252 hp and 267 lb-ft for earlier V8 models. Near perfect 50/50 weight distribution and all independent suspension make it a totally different ride than the Marquis/Vic.

-B

just for reference, i raced the older LS with a neon r/t and kicked its ass

Re: WRX vs. Licoln LS Sedan

Originally posted by FraudulentNeon
    Then, like a man, with a cresent wrench and a swiss army knife I take off the I/C and fix the problem. I hope everyone enjoyed my story and has a Merry Christmas.
    Nice one Mcguyver

That must have been a beeeeich without tools man. But I am a member of the forgotten hose clamp club as well. I'm glad there's more of us out there , I did the same thing about 2 months ago, going up a steep a$$ hill right across from my work. Loud pop and lost all power, I pop the hood and see a 2 inch gap between my turbo and the hose. The plastic hose from the turbo was partially melted (flat on one side) and could not get it back on. Luckily some passerby's helped me push it up the hill to roll into the parking lot at work. I was very lucky, and the maintence guy lent me his tools. Man that was so embarrassing, all dressed up for work removing my IC in the parking lot, right below our presidents window...

Good kill, although I'm sure you would of won without the NOS, but it you got it...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.