dakota 5.9r/t

This is a discussion on dakota 5.9r/t within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, i was just wondering how well a wrx (stock) would do up against a dakota 5.9r/t with exhaust, ...

dakota 5.9r/t

Hi guys,

i was just wondering how well a wrx (stock) would do up against a dakota 5.9r/t with exhaust, intake and chip. My buddy has this car and he's never had it dyno'd or ran it in 1/4 mile. The r/t comes stock with 250 hp; i think the numbers are 0-60 in 7.1 and 1/4 mile in 15s. but my friends car feels alot faster than that. He regularly spanks my other friends mustang 5.0 with intake and chip - and i mean really spanks him.

anyways, i'm going to pick up my wrx soon and can't wait till i start modifying.

--thuynh2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My "lightly modifired" (<$500) WRX makes 5.9R/Ts look silly. This guy tried to race me from a stop light in one. I heard him rev wildly as I launched normally. I upshifted into second at 5,000rpm, floored it and still whipped passed like he stopped.

Stock v. stock, the WRX is faster.
    Stock WRX v. Modified 5.9R/T anybody's guess

Get a $48 boost controller and end the discussion with your right foot.

-Jim

i couldn't help stop the silly grin from appearing on my face as i read your post.

--thuynh2

If his truck is a stick then I would say NO PROBLEM with the WRX. However if it's an automatic... I wouldn't be too sure. I mean the main drawback to a stick is the really short gearing in the first 2,3 gears (shifting just kills his performance). BUT if you have an automatic that can bang through those short/FAST gears quickly... I don't know...
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

Since I sold my R/T to get a WRX, I might have some info on this.

1) R/T's are all Automatic from the factory.
    2) 98-2000 models have 250hp at the crank, 2001+ 245hp. Rear whp is around 198- 200hp (lots of Auto driveline loss).
    3) Regular cab R/T is about .3 - .4 quicker in the 1/4 than the extended.
    4) R/Ts are beasts up to about 60-70 (if they get traction) because of the huge torque (350+) and 3.92 rear end. After that, they slow down dramatically (even moreso than Rexes).
    5) With an intake (not the manifold, right?), full exhaust, and Mopar PCM, he should run high 14's (regular cab). Maybe a bit better than that if its cool and not humid.

You can take him. Definitely if you add *any* mods.

But if you need a truck, and don't want to spend 30K for a Lightning, the R/T is a good choice. Better if they put the Hemi in it...
    -Rob W

02 WRX Sedan 5spd Midnight Black
    --- Mods: Godspeed Uppipe, Blitz SBC-id

01 LS1 Firebird Formula

Yeah, a friend of mine has an R/t dakota with a blower, pully chip full exhaust... Its INSANE... Runs low 12's with traction/radials

Rob