woo hoo 2 kills tonight!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on woo hoo 2 kills tonight! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well if ur on the east coast u know today was pretty nice out, almost 60 here in central PA. ...

woo hoo 2 kills tonight!

well if ur on the east coast u know today was pretty nice out, almost 60 here in central PA. So i was out driving around looking for cars to mess around with. I wasnt having any luck for atleast an hour. When all of the sudden an LS1 pulls behind me. yay! someone to play with, so hes following me and not even a 1/2 mile later an e36 m3 pulls on to the road from the highway.. sweet 2 cars to play with now..i could tell the m3 was lowerd like crazy and had nice antenza rims with atleast an after market exhaust. so im following the m3 and the ls1 is following me. About a mile later theres a lone red light so i finally get to line up with the ls1. it revs at me and i can tell it atleast had an after market exhaust. i rev back and roll down the window to make sure he was actually going to race.. so i rev to 5k and pulse it back and forth then cut an better then average walk and put atleast 2 car lengths by 60 and about 3 by 90 when i shut it down. I went to give the guy a thumbs up but he just looked foward and turned off.. So now its time for the M3.. he follows me down the road and paces for a while.. then i notice a whited out turn signal from behind so i follow suite and we make a u turn and gun it at about 40mph.. he gets atleast a 2 car jump on me and was pulling hard.. i didnt think i was going to catch up but i reeled him in by about 90 and put atleast 2 lengths on him by 115... we were in a 45mph zone so i shut it down and we pulled over to chat. He was really impressed with my car. His mods were ported intake manifold, chip, injectors, cat back and header, with full ground control coilover.. i guess he lives in virginia and workes for bimmerworld.And actually helps put together their speedchannel cup chalenge cars.. pretty cool guy.. so all in all a good night, to bad its going to snow tomorrow... wait what am i talking about i got the subie!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: woo hoo 2 kills tonight!

Originally posted by scoobyjew
    and we make a u turn and gun it at about 40mph..
    Did you mean for that to be a "you turn"?

Nice kills of some low 13 second cars. Sounds like you're probably running a bigger turbo amongst other modifications. Feel free to share what's done to your beast.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

lol no we yeilded at the u turn with him still behind me then we took off and at 40 he caught up and the punched it before i did.. yeah im a stage 4 plus with vf30 and fmic dynotuned at 19.7 psi in 3rd.. around 300awhp.. hehe it was a good time.

Good kills! with 300 awhp you have a great chance of smoking those cars.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

stage 4? they probably didn't know what him 'em
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

yeah the guy with the ls1 looked mighty surprised... he didnt even want to go from a roll afterwards which would have been more benificial to his cause but not much better considering ive taken ls1's with bolt ons before.... it was alot of fun and the m3 guy was cool.. i told him my uncle has an e46 m3 and hes tring to get me to take it out so he can compare straight line speed with that... i dont think my uncle would let me take it out in december though...

Originally posted by scoobyjew
    19.7 psi in 3rd.. around 300awhp..
    How do you keep from overboosting in 4th?
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

when my car was tuned to reach that power level in 3rd it was road tuned afterwards, so to be honest i dont see that psi untill 4th.. but at around 6500 rmps in 4th at wot ill get the occasional utec correction. So the 19.7 was on the dyno. But my boost gage will hit 1.3 bar in fourth before the knock correction occurs if it occurs.. which is usually on real cold days.. if i was a utec wiz i would adjust it all the time.. but to be safe i run the same map and dont abuse the car in higher gears unless its warmer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.