Honda Prelude Totaled while trying to show-off
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Honda Prelude Totaled while trying to show-off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow...I've never seen this before in my life..not in real life, in my face action... I live in Bellevue, Wa. ...

Honda Prelude Totaled while trying to show-off

Wow...I've never seen this before in my life..not in real life, in my face action...

I live in Bellevue, Wa. going down 148th ave heading towards I-90 (4 lane road, 2 each way, median in the middle) I wsa heading south when I saw it..

It was a late model Prelude, all decked out, not too riced up or anything, actually a decent looking car but he flies by me passing me on my right (Im in the slow lane)...

I think nothing of it..keep driving...then here comes my exit to get onto I-90 heading West towards Seattle..

I start to merge towards the exit, when this Prelude driver completely slows down in the fast lane and swerves over to my lane about 8 car lengths in front of me..

I think, ok..I'll catch up to him..so then I come up closer to him (about 5 car lengths), when the guy completely floors it..I'm like thinking this guys is an idiot..does he feel that threatened from my WRX?

He floored it way to fast, becayue the onramp gets real skinny and turns into a 25 mph recommended speed limit..very sharp turn...Im like thinking this guy is not from this area....

He Bit it bad...I hung back the whole way now about at 8-10 car lengths away..I slow way down around the curve when I see...

His Prelude doing a complete 90 deg fishtail to the left, then I saw him try to compensate and when he did that his whole rear end swung 180 degrees to the right and elevated off the freeway about 5-6 ft slamming into the guardrail that was keeping him from going over and smacking I-90 west the drop way..as soon as the guy slammed into the guard railwith his side and front, the force pushed his car to the other side of the guardrail where he ended up crushing his rear to a pulp...it was an amazing site...

I slow way down, go around him and pullover to check on the guy..the guy was a skinny Japanese dude..he was about ready to cry when he saw his car..I asked if he was all right, and told him that he was going way too fast for that curve...he just say..go leave me alone... he was frustrated..cant say I blame him...

He should of not tried to impress me..it was pretty stupid. It made me glad that I was way away from this idiot, or he would of taken out my WRX with him..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Out of curiousity what color was the lude? My uncle owns TSR in Bellevue which my cousin works at so he might know the guy. (I hope it wasn't him though...he never drives dangerously, but I think I'll give him a call tonight).
    Last edited by AmSFighter; 05-22-2002 at 09:31 PM.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

It was a nice white color, or pearl white..something like that. It was a real nice prelude. Feel bad for the guy..

OH CRAP!! I think that might have been him...my uncle just bought a body shop and he was talking about getting his car painted some weird white color... (that was about a month ago...). I'll keep you updated. I'll have to whoop some sense into that boy if it was him.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Sorry to bother you again, but I can't reach him at his cell or home, what time was this around? He travels around that area a lot of the time around 8-10am and 7-9pm (depending on what time the store opens and closes). thanks.

Humm ...

I'm not even going to go there.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

THANK G-D! It wasn't him. I know him all to well to think that he would drive like a dumb arse, and plus he's already been to bondurant so he would know how to control his car/know the limits. He said he's seen a white lude around Bellevue with that similar description (car and driver). Thanks for the info though Kinjwrx.
    Last edited by AmSFighter; 05-23-2002 at 06:54 AM.

What a jackhole! He deserved what he got. It's a good thing you didn't get wrapped up in that idiot's fiasco. People need to drive within their limits and quit trying to show off. It's a good thing that ass didn't injury or kill anyone.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Haha ...

Too funny .... Darwin & Natural Selection.
    2004 STI White/Gold

chuglobal...i hope you don't belive in karma b/c I can sense bad things happening to you with some of your recent posts.
    '03 STi killer

Funny...I was just about to say something along those lines also...
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Humm ...

Do you really want me to answer?
    2004 STI White/Gold

hehe..yeah..what that guy did was stupid and dangerous. Glad to hear he's alright (from the sounds of it).

I know we WRX owners like to poke fun at people like that, but it could very well have been us in the same/similar situation. I mean, there has been WRX wreck cause the owners were doing something dumb. We just don't hear about them too much.

This past weekend we had our SE Subaru met at the Dragon in Deal's Gap, NC. Lots of suby owners. Lots of fast driving and stuff. And yes, some of the suby owners pulled dumb stunts and probably pushed some of their limits and car limits a little to far IMO. But no major incidents due to Suby stupidity or anything.

Stupidity doesn't care what kind of car you drive.

just be safe everyone.

~V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by wrXXX
    chuglobal...i hope you don't belive in karma b/c I can sense bad things happening to you with some of your recent posts.
    uh..karma my foot.

whatever 'karma' is, has nothing to do with it. Called keeping your head. I've driven with Chu and he's quite a safe driver Knows his limits and when to pull up.

~V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by Valien

uh..karma my foot.

whatever 'karma' is, has nothing to do with it. Called keeping your head. I've driven with Chu and he's quite a safe driver Knows his limits and when to pull up.

~V
    Karma has do with his posts basically saying that the lude driver deserved what happened b/c he made a stupid mistake and that I would drive extra careful if he believes in karma. He believes in Darwin and Natural Selection so who knows if he believes in Karma. I feel bad for the lude driver and I hope positive things come out this accident like that he will be more careful next time and play safe. I had a little accident by taking my chances with my rex but turned into a postive by being more careful now from now on. You just don't wish that kind of stuff on someone. Its all good til its your family or friends. Hell, it almost happened in this thread since AmSfighter thought he knew the guy.

And yes I have driven with Chu...much more than you but what does that have do to with this anyway? We all take risks and make stupid mistakes but you should never wish Natural Selection on a person b/c they screwed up. So let's say Chuglobal loses control of his car tonight, can I come and post tomorrow and say "Ha Ha", you deserved it! Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes and some of the comments in this thread were uncalled for, IMO.
    '03 STi killer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.