Honda Prelude Totaled while trying to show-off - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Honda Prelude Totaled while trying to show-off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Are you talking about my website?...

Yo

Are you talking about my website?
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Welps...

Originally posted by ArchangelX

One question since we're on the topic of "losing control"...

After driving in the rain, in the WRX...just how much more safer would you say the AWD is compared to a FWD car? I mean..to be honest..I'm not really scared of hydroplaning when I'm in the WRX..it's like you hit the puddle...and you can feel a slight loss in traction, and then BAM you just keep going.

I always feel like I'm floating when I'm in my Celi, of course it's a helluva lot lighter, but I'm definetly more paranoid in it.

Just how far can you push the WRX in the rain, before you can lose it? A little, a lot?

Just wondering, since we've got some people here that have been driving the AWD a helluva lot longer than I have...
    My take on FWD cars and rain:

I had a 94 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and last summer coming back from TN on the interstate i hit a bad storm in the mountains. I slowed to about 35-40 mph and was crawling. Meanwhile other vehicles were passing me! Crazy!

Visibility was very poor and i was in the left hand lane next to a concrete barrier (how I40 is divided up). I hit a small puddle..or so i thought and it basically threw my car right into the concrete barrier. Bam! Only had time to correct the steering and get it back straight. Scared me to death.

Never had a problem like that before, but the car totally lost all control and i didn't like it.

When i got my WRX i went to a empty parking lot after some rain (and then again when we got some snow) and tested it out a bit. Wow! What a difference. The car grips like a fiend. Great control and I feel so much safer. I've taken it in the rain a few times driving and i am very comfortable with it's AWD handling.

So my 2 cents...I don't think i can go back to a non-AWD car.

~V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It does grip well in the rain even with stock rubber!

Yepz...

Ya, your website, Chu. I need to put one up..lol. Got any pre-fabs? Heheh.

Ya...the rain up here is horrible...but man...the WRX loves this weather.

If there's a cloud in the sky, we drive the WRX. Hehehe..

I love AWD.

Oh...by the way..I did some short trail running behind my workplace today. There's this long stretch of gravel road.

Let's just say...I got sideways.

This thing kicks butt in the dirt, too.

Heya, kinjWRX, my wife and I have a Midnight Pearl WRX. Usually driving around 56th street, and the middle of Tacoma.

I'll wave if I see ya...lol...it is a small world...
    1993 RX-7 TT
    http://home.attbi.com/~archangle10/w...7/site1005.jpg
    SSP Pineapple Racing Rebuild/Stage 2 Oil/Rebuilt Tranny/HKS Downpipe/Apex-i PFCw/Commander/RB Dual SS Catback/ACT S/S Clutch/Resurfaced Flywheel/ASI AST/Fluidyne Radiator/Polished UIM/Throttlebody/Efini Y-Pipe/Silicone Hose Job
    Koni Shocks/Eibach Springs/Mazdaspeed Bushings/Brembo Dimpled/Slotted Rotors/G-Stop Steel Brake Lines/EBC Greenstuff
    Kenwood eXcelon Z919 CD-MP3/Infinity Kappa Perfect Sound System/2 JBL Power 360W Amps/2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs
    Car Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291149161
    Modification Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291071767

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

If some Ricer *** drove around my Wrx or any car that i may own like that i would have un-naturally selected him with my S&W.
    I would have went to see if he was allright and if he was i'd tomatomouth him!

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Dericer
    If some Ricer *** drove around my Wrx or any car that i may own like that i would have un-naturally selected him with my S&W.
    I would have went to see if he was allright and if he was i'd tomatomouth him!

Yo you best be cappin' mo times with yo strap 'cause he'll break his 10 out and start regulatin' on yo ass yo!

Give me a break...bah
    Last edited by Verdugo; 06-09-2002 at 09:39 AM.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Hey ArchangelX,

It is a small world, and maybe I'll see you guys on the road!

Re: Re: Honda Prelude Totaled while trying to show-off

Originally posted by Mad WRX

The same thing happened in my Celica, almost went over the guard rail and plummeted to my death but smacked a pole in mid air which knocked me back.
    Damn are you lucky bro!!!

not to be mean, but good riddens. We can have drivers like that on the road. I feel sorry for the poor 'lude.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.