Honda Prelude Totaled while trying to show-off - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Honda Prelude Totaled while trying to show-off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK lets clear some things up. I'm assuming WRxxx = Ryan Knight? If I'm wrong then please let me know ...

Yo

OK lets clear some things up. I'm assuming WRxxx = Ryan Knight? If I'm wrong then please let me know who you are. When I use "Natural Slection" it's only a figure of speech ... not literally. If I drive tonight racing someone doing twice the speed limit and get caught them it's MY fault. I made a conscious decision on actions and will take the responsibility for it. If I drive 90-120 on 285 w/ the flow of traffic ... and I'm the only to get caught doing 85mph in a 55mph on 285 it's still my fault. "I" chose to do something and will take credit for my actions. If I drive 50mph on the DRAGON at midnight, in the fog, on a new road, w/ blad RE92, etc then it's still MY fault. I would be the one being the idiot. I would NOT want anyone to feel sorry for me. We're all old enough to make our own decisions. If the Prelude chose to drive 90mph in a 25mph zone and lost it ... idiots comes to bell again because he surely couldn't handle it. Yes I feel bad that someone totaled or caused serious damage to his/her car but they chose their own actions.
    Now if someone drove 30mph in the 25mph and some tree accidently fell over and crushed his car then I'd feel bad. You wonder why I "try" NOT to follow Ryan, James, or Steven on any road trips because ALL you guys will do whatever the leader is driving. Umm I don't feel safe driving above 80mph because it's way harder to slow down when you see a cop. That's why I enjoyed driving in the caravan last Friday to the DRAGON because EVERYONE drove w/ their heads ON not like to SDR last times when you 3 WRXs drove 120mph+ on the way back from SDR and complain about getting a speeding ticket a few weeks later ... humm I wonder why?
    I will make mistakes like everyone else but I try to limit those situations. I would NOT want anyone to feel sorry for me because I was being the dumb A**. If I drove 100mph and wrecked because I wanted to show off to a M3 then I'm still the idiot ... I'd expect the M3 driver to laugh at how stupid I was because I was being stupid. Just try to drive w/in your limits and tests your limits in certain situations when you can limit the dangerous variables. It's not worth getting into trouble since most of us are still paying for our WRXs since we bought out own cars.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Honda Prelude Totaled while trying to show-off

Originally posted by kinjwrx
    doing a complete 90 deg fishtail to the left, then I saw him try to compensate and when he did that his whole rear end swung 180 degrees to the right and elevated off the freeway about 5-6 ft slamming into the guardrail that was keeping him from going over and smacking I-90 west the drop way
    The same thing happened in my Celica, almost went over the guard rail and plummeted to my death but smacked a pole in mid air which knocked me back.

Originally posted by wrXXX
    chuglobal...i hope you don't belive in karma b/c I can sense bad things happening to you with some of your recent posts.
    Oh I am sure he is completely invincible and nothing bad could ever happen to someone with his skills and abilities.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Yo

Pleaseeeee ... just be careful. Just don't blame other things when it was your owe fault. Trust me ... I know I'm not invincible.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Let put it this way, in the tri-state area because of a fatal accident with 2 MBs and a poor civic on Belt Parkway. The civic is pulling out of a gas station and 1 MB smacked into it over 100 mph and the whole family died The guys racing in their MB got murder 2

So go ahead race in the street, if anyone dies then you can get murder 2 cause it have been done and the prosecutor will use the NY case as the base to get your a**.

No road racing for me, not saying I am driving slow. I am going to the track soon to test out the mods and maybe push the limit a little
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

i feel sorry for him

Thumbs up

i guess its a shame some people think their driving skills are on par with Colin McRae. Gets one into trouble sooner or later. I too participated in The Dragon. As far as I know, no Subaru driver got in any trouble due to their own stupidity, rather the stupidity of other non-Subaru drivers. Goes to show that Subaru drivers are generally level-headed and know their limits.
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

Yeah..it was not very smart..the guy did look totally surprised that it happened..maybe he thought his driving skills/and car could have avoided the crash, but I dont think so...the part of the ramp that he wrecked at was no bigger than 2 car lengths in width, and at that angle and speed...disaster...

On a different note......

I just got the JDM non-HID lights put on..sharp as hell, as well as the Australian OEM bodykit (Rally Blue), and it really changes the look of the car. It looks great...I just do not have a digital camera to share my joy..I got to get one..unless someone has one here in the Bellevue/Redmond Wa. area..

Haha ...

Yeah ... I'm assuming the body kit makes it looks really aggressive .... . If I have the HID and OEM body kit my REX would look mean. Humm $1500 for bling bling effect or $1500 for 0-60 in 4.8 sec ...
    2004 STI White/Gold

Smile

Yeah i hear you...I got a APEXi AVCR coming so I should be able to boost it up a little to go along with bling bling
    I should of had the APEXi first, but its been in backorder for several weeks now at wrxmotorwoks, so I'm still waiting.
    Did get my HKS ttimer and Clifford Avantguard4 system the other day to beef up security.

Heya....

Nice to see someone up in the Seattle area...I live in Tacoma and I've seen a few WRXs running around down here.

I gotta check the other forums because it would be great to meet some of you guys.

Sorry for the Prelude, but you gotta know your limits. I still don't trust myself in the WRX, not used to the understeer...it's quite considerable compared to my Celica.

But my, my....driving in the rain up here is absolutely exhilirating...heheh. Great stuff.
    1993 RX-7 TT
    http://home.attbi.com/~archangle10/w...7/site1005.jpg
    SSP Pineapple Racing Rebuild/Stage 2 Oil/Rebuilt Tranny/HKS Downpipe/Apex-i PFCw/Commander/RB Dual SS Catback/ACT S/S Clutch/Resurfaced Flywheel/ASI AST/Fluidyne Radiator/Polished UIM/Throttlebody/Efini Y-Pipe/Silicone Hose Job
    Koni Shocks/Eibach Springs/Mazdaspeed Bushings/Brembo Dimpled/Slotted Rotors/G-Stop Steel Brake Lines/EBC Greenstuff
    Kenwood eXcelon Z919 CD-MP3/Infinity Kappa Perfect Sound System/2 JBL Power 360W Amps/2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs
    Car Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291149161
    Modification Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291071767

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

Yo

I'm also still learning about my REX and it's characteristics ... it's all fun ... humm mine tends to oversteer than understeer ... I guess mine is a little weird compared to others. My engine feels more "tight" as compared to other's and more prone to oversteer. Weird?
    2004 STI White/Gold

Welps...

After seeing how much of a difference you're running compared to a stock WRX...lol..I can see how yours might feel a wee bit different..heheh.

I checked out your web page...very nice...definetly not your typical "Yoz..I gotz da mad skillz" web page..heh. Nice.

One question since we're on the topic of "losing control"...

After driving in the rain, in the WRX...just how much more safer would you say the AWD is compared to a FWD car? I mean..to be honest..I'm not really scared of hydroplaning when I'm in the WRX..it's like you hit the puddle...and you can feel a slight loss in traction, and then BAM you just keep going.

I always feel like I'm floating when I'm in my Celi, of course it's a helluva lot lighter, but I'm definetly more paranoid in it.

Just how far can you push the WRX in the rain, before you can lose it? A little, a lot?

Just wondering, since we've got some people here that have been driving the AWD a helluva lot longer than I have...
    1993 RX-7 TT
    http://home.attbi.com/~archangle10/w...7/site1005.jpg
    SSP Pineapple Racing Rebuild/Stage 2 Oil/Rebuilt Tranny/HKS Downpipe/Apex-i PFCw/Commander/RB Dual SS Catback/ACT S/S Clutch/Resurfaced Flywheel/ASI AST/Fluidyne Radiator/Polished UIM/Throttlebody/Efini Y-Pipe/Silicone Hose Job
    Koni Shocks/Eibach Springs/Mazdaspeed Bushings/Brembo Dimpled/Slotted Rotors/G-Stop Steel Brake Lines/EBC Greenstuff
    Kenwood eXcelon Z919 CD-MP3/Infinity Kappa Perfect Sound System/2 JBL Power 360W Amps/2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs
    Car Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291149161
    Modification Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291071767

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

u could push it more than a fwd car, by a good amount im suggesting...but dont push urself even a LIL bit..cause if u dont know ur own driving limits..then pushing a car to the limits is worthless and fatal.
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

Hey ArchAngelX..good to see someone from this area also..

yeah you cant beat the AWD here in the NW..I feel alot more stuck to the ground...

Not that Im wanting to rain anymore than it already does :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.