W00t! Saw a Cayenne today...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on W00t! Saw a Cayenne today... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A white Cayenne passed me going the opposite direction on a backroad. Then, coming back a few minutes later, I ...

W00t! Saw a Cayenne today...

A white Cayenne passed me going the opposite direction on a backroad. Then, coming back a few minutes later, I passed a brand new Forester XT going to opposite direction, also white. I guess that road is just a magnet for white turbo AWD vehicles

Saw an STi on Sunday too. I can't believe how many killer cars are popping up in my little town of < 20,000 people

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've seen so many Cayenne's over here that it's becoming a little silly.... I have only seen 2 of the Turbo models though
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Steve, come down to Princeton and you will see all the soccer moms with their Cayanne Turbos....I see a couple per week, usually at least one per day...all women...all trophy wives...all on cell phones.....

DEATH TO ALL OF THEM!!! and Happy Holidays

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Well it was my first time seeing one, so BACK OFF!

WRX
    I saw a turbo at the movies once and pointed it out to the wife.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

How do you distinguish a turbo Cayenne from an n/a one? I have seen a few but I couldn't tell if they were turbo or not. Is there just a sticker or something?
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

It looks blurrier as it flies by

Originally posted by chevyeater
    How do you distinguish a turbo Cayenne from an n/a one? I have seen a few but I couldn't tell if they were turbo or not. Is there just a sticker or something?
    S

There is an extra opening at the top of the grill, and it has 2 humps in the left/right sides of the hood.

Ahhh.. Thank you

Never had that problem with a 911 or even a 944
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Originally posted by Wade-0
    It looks blurrier as it flies by
    good stuff. makes my evening at work so much more pleasureable
    03, wrx, aspen white, K&N drop in filter, for now waitin for warranty to go bye bye.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    S
    Cayenne S is the non-turbo model. The Cayenne Turbo is the turbo model. They are easily distinguishable by wheels (different) and the front bumper. The bumper on the Cayenne Turbo looks similiar to a 911 Turbo, it has much larger holes in it.

Cayenne Turbo:

Cayenne S:

2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I Support ClubWRX

Re: W00t! Saw a Cayenne today...

Originally posted by Wade-0
    Then, coming back a few minutes later, I passed a brand new Forester XT going to opposite direction, also white.
    Speaking of the XT, the wife and I saw one parked at an Christmas event for the kids. I had to explain to her just how quick a car it is. It's really a sleeper, unless you know what you're looking at!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon -- SOLD
    2002 Subaru WRX Sedan -- SOLD

Also the turbo models have a big TURBO emplem under the Cayenne emblem in the back. The turbo is written in cursive like the turbo cars have.

I've only seen 1 turbo, and the rest I have seen are all "S"es.

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Originally posted by jmussetter
    Also the turbo models have a big TURBO emplem under the Cayenne emblem in the back. The turbo is written in cursive like the turbo cars have.

I've only seen 1 turbo, and the rest I have seen are all "S"es.

-jason
    I believe the front TURBO emblem is covered by the front plate (required in Oregon), and I didn't see the back of it (road is VERY curvy at that point). It caught me off guard and was over before I could even think to look a little closer. Probably an S though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.