Where are the WRXs in the USCC?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Where are the WRXs in the USCC? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was about to post this in that thread with 6 pages about the Do-Luck wing, but I thought they ...

Arrow Where are the WRXs in the USCC?

I was about to post this in that thread with 6 pages about the Do-Luck wing, but I thought they might nuke me with some haterade for bumping the thread.

Ok, so where's the WRXs in the USCC? Garrett's car (the Do-Luck one with the *wing*) was supposed to be in it, well at least i voted for it.

There's no EVOs neither. This sucks, there are TWO Eclipses and TWO Supras.

Come on. one of each should be kicked for an EVO and 1 WRX.

Comments?

http://sportcompactcarweb.com/uscc/0312scc_challengers/
    Originally posted by AjIsDope:
    You better get a camera and go do that again....if not, we will hunt you down and eat your baby.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no turbo or supercharging is alowed, at least last time I read they decided to keep it that way. They were/are debating though, so it could've changed.

Originally posted by Chunks
    no turbo or supercharging is alowed, at least last time I read they decided to keep it that way. They were/are debating though, so it could've changed.
    You must be mistaken. Virtualy every car in the shootout is turbo-charged.

I think the fact that there are 2 Supras and 2 Eclipses is a rip off. It's a shame that they have to limit the field like they do. I'd like to see the "best" of each model entered, there's no need to have 2 of the same type of car.

I'd like to see:

WRX / Sti
    Evo
    Supra
    300zx
    VR-4
    RX-7 (third gen)
    NSX
    Skyline GTR
    S2000
    MR-2 Turbo (second gen)
    M3
    S4 (second gen, the 2.7TT)
    GTi (VR6 turbo or a 1.8T)
    Cobra or some form of Mustang
    Viper
    Corvette or some LS1 car, Camaro, T/A etc etc.
    ....and for fun, some civic hatch with a serious swap/ turbo / suspension setup.

That would be a fun shootout, IMO. I have a feeling that the domestic entries would take the majority of the honors. With heavily modified cars like that, there is no replacement for displacement/
    Last edited by silverscooby; 12-22-2003 at 05:52 PM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

ok here are the cars in the shootout right now.
    it might be changed because people drop out and such.

Dodge Viper Supercharged
    Mistubishi Eclipse (1st gen) turbo
    Mitsubishi Eclipse (2nd gen) turbo
    Nissan 350z (bout time...) supercharged
    Ultima GTR (its a kit-car, i have never heard of this before) N/A
    Toyota Supra (1997) turbo
    Toyota Supra (1994) turbo
    Toyota MR-2 (2nd gen) turbo
    R32 Nissan GT-R (nice.) turbo (1 only)
    Audi S4 (2000) twin-turbo

Silverscooby, i think they got most of the cars in your list, but i totally agree, they should just have one of each model. (2 supras?! 2 eclipses!)

300zx was in the first shootout
    VR-4 was in the 2nd shootout
    RX-7, NSX, S2000, M3, GTi, Cobra, Corvette, never

and a civic? prolly never will...

oh sh!t, a type-R integra was there last year. duh.
    Last edited by Inlinesixer; 12-26-2003 at 12:41 PM.
    You better get a camera and go do that again....if not, we will hunt you down and eat your baby.

wow I'm talking about a totally different thing.

I was talking about the SCCA's Speed World Challenge lol, must've misread somewhere...

WRX finished 5th last year. There should be a limit to one of each car every year. It would be ok if they found something else new but doubles of two kinds of cars? WTF is up with that?
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

The Viper IS supercharged.

If they could categorize their entries i think they would have more of a variety of cars.

AWD turbo 4 and 6
    RWD N/A V-8 and larger
    RWD turbo 6 cyl.
    FWD turbo & NOS

etc...

Originally posted by ttownrex
    The Viper IS supercharged.
    whoops. my bad.

like it needs supercharging...

Originally posted by Inlinesixer
    whoops. my bad.

like it needs supercharging...
    yea, not only that, the owner claims 1000 hp at the crank...

thats interesting
    1998 Grand Prix GTP
    13.605 @ 107.33 mph

INTENSE, Inc.

..... and it came in last!

Although a Viper won last year.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Just to mention the MR2 turbo is one of Truleo's MR2's. Hes big in the MR2 world and basically that MR2 was built from the ground up by his own hands. Depending on what hes doing his MR2 should be well over 400rwhp.
    We were rooting for him over in the MR2 forums, that MR2 (if it holds together, and it should) will probably impress ALOT of people

Go Troy!
    Silverbane
    An expert at anything was once a beginner...
    Pic 91MR2 T TD06 250rwhp *sold*
    STI next?

Nice!

What's the address of your guy's forum? I'd like to pay a visit!

SilverScooby, did the results come out already? Would you post the standings, please?

Street cars, eh? WTF is an Ultima GTR? I've seen a lot of cars on the street, but not that one.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Inlinesixer
    SilverScooby, did the results come out already? Would you post the standings, please?
    My buddy Matt owned the green BPU Supra. He used to live near me but recently moved out to SoCal before the event. Actually, now that I am reading his email (that he sent right after the event) it seems like the order has changed a bit. I could have sworn that the Viper came in last but according to the email, it didnt. Anyways, here's his email.

I'll give you all the details that I remember about placement. I can
    get more details later.

1. Chen's SUPERcharged (not turbo charged) 350Z

2. a 2nd gen eclipse. Put down mid 500's on the dyno. A very fast car, but he blew his head gasket early on the 2nd day. the thing leaked 4 quarts of oil on 1 1/4 mile run. It had to be push started everytime. They limped it till the end of the competition. They beat the 3rd place car by one 4 points. that pissed me off.

3. A green BPU supra. This car was the most drivable car there by far. It amazed me the number of other cars that had problems throughout the event. It put down 449 rwhp and 464 ft/lbs at 1.25 bar on 110 octane. This was good for 5th i think. It also won the events that no one cares about. the drivability, gas mileage, and grandma tests. It scored last in the car show. (that might be because the owner told the car show judges that he hated car shows and thought that they were for people who
    liked cars, but couldn't drive) Day 2 was this car's day. It pulled
    1.075ish on the skid pad, good enough for a close 3rd. 109ft on the 60-0 test good enough for 2nd. A close 4th on the track event behind 2 pro drivers and the ultima. But did pitifully on the drag (13.5 sec). The track was REALLY slick. infact, on the first run, the car went very sideways at about the 8th mile sliding around.

If you haven't guessed by now, this was me.

I don't recall the exact finishing order after this, but I think next
    was the viper.

Then the Ultima. This car was rough. The car never idled the whole time, and apparently was just finished 3 days before the competition. supposedly the cams were ground wrong. This thing was in its element on the road course though. The driver was nuts. on his 2nd lap, he did a 720 at the end of the front straight. then, on his fastest lap, he did a 360 at 120 mi/hr AND KEPT GOING. Surely it will make the video. A very scary moment, but it still turned a VERY fast lap...

Next was the other supra. He's on the forums from the east coast, but I don't remember his screen name. His car is a custom burgundy color with a interesting looking splitter on the bottom of his RM front bumper. He ad more TV's in that thing than I have in my house. He was a nice nough guy, but his car wasn't really set up for the 2nd day (the riving). He won the car show, and put down high 600's on the horse ower, but his 20" wheels weren't really good enough for the road ourse...

Then the skyline (which with just one lap was able to claim 5th on the oad course. I can't say enough about this car or it's crew. They elped me along the whole time. By lunch on the 2nd day, they had put a B-racing sticker on my car. (they are all the old employees from otorex that left and are starting their own import biz... The owner of he car bought it new in Hong Kong, and apparently has dropped close to 50k into this car over the last 10 yrs (including 6 motors). All I can say is that I want one.

Then was a 1st gen eclipse who might have been a contender if he hadn't blown 2 turbos between the 2 days...

Then was a audi A4 1.8t that had an engine fire 2 days earlier at
    another magazine shootout. It supposedly made 440 rwhp before the fire, but they couldn't get it to make more than 1.1 bar of boost for some reason.

last was a MR2. It blew its head gasket after the dyno on the first
    day. (after making over 500 rwhp and spinning the engine to 9800 rpm) A pretty cool looking car. it has got to suck to trailer your car out here from VA just to have it blow up before lunch.
    Last edited by silverscooby; 12-26-2003 at 07:51 PM.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast