Toyota Carrolla type S
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Toyota Carrolla type S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This weekend I was on my way to the local bowling ally when some kid in a Toyota Carrolla type ...

Toyota Carrolla type S

This weekend I was on my way to the local bowling ally when some kid in a Toyota Carrolla type S pulls up next to me. Both him and the passenger kept looking over at me. I just sat there laughing. I mean who in there right mind would try to race a rex in a Carrolla. He would speed past me then slow down, he did this about 3 to 4 times. Each time after passing me he would look at me and laugh. Finally I just got sick of it. The light ahead of us turned red. I'm thinking to myself I'll just blow him off the line and then maybe he'll leave me alone. Light turns green and I barely launch but still leave him in the dust. I'm thinking he's done. He pulls up to me at the next light and the passenger rolls down the window. So I roll mine down, the passenger said "What are you stupid, you're in a WRX why would we try to race you?" Right. I just looked at him and laughed. Some people are just retarded, they go around driving like idiots trying to race everyone. Then when someone takes them up on it they try to act all innocent. Yeah I just wanted to vent.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the correct name is Toyota Corolla S

Must have been the same kid I was behind here in Vermont who kept accelerating (to walk away from me) in an attempt to show me how "fast" he was. I didn't bite.

Just out of curiosity, let's check out the Toyota web site... Is this right?

All-aluminum 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve VVT-i 4-cylinder 130 hp @ 6,000 rpm; 125 lb.-ft. @ 4,200 rpm
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

Next time save your gas

You could have killed him in "break-in mode" (always shift at 4K rpm or lower)

It was just one of those things that grates on your nerves. Oh and sorry for mispelling Corrolla. I didn't know it was that big of a deal, but thanks for spell checking my post

Originally posted by bse801
    It was just one of those things that grates on your nerves.
    I know what you mean...

That was the car for my student driving crap..that thing was hella slow man..

lol I had a beat up old accord (late 80's early 90s) with rust all over it with just a catback muffler in front of me trying to turn right on a red light. As I lined up behind him to make the right turn, he revs his engine while looking at me in the rear view. I laughed at him. I was gonna mess with him a bit after making the right turn, but he made the right turn with tons of traffic, and I couldn't do anything about it. Dweeb!

When I first got my STi, some punk in a Corolla S wanted to race me. He jammed on me and went in front of me then slammed on his brakes. I almost smashed into his rear bumper. My rpm's shot to 5K as I pushed in the clutch, gas, and brakes at the same time (Just got the car, and it was during break in period). Any how... goes to show you there are some bad drivers and punks out there.

If I ever meet that guy again, I'll race him on foot with my maglite.

Signed,
    Outferno

Originally posted by outferno

If I ever meet that guy again, I'll race him on foot with my maglite.

HAHAHAHA...that def. made me laugh out loud.

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    lol I had a beat up old accord (late 80's early 90s) with rust all over it with just a catback muffler in front of me trying to turn right on a red light. As I lined up behind him to make the right turn, he revs his engine while looking at me in the rear view. I laughed at him. I was gonna mess with him a bit after making the right turn, but he made the right turn with tons of traffic, and I couldn't do anything about it. Dweeb!
    Old acccords can be pretty dangerous. The same thing, happened to me. I flew past him ofcourse, right into the radar of a waiting police officer, to get my first ticket evar.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.