Ya win some, ya lose some.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ya win some, ya lose some. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went to the track today with some buddies. We had a caravan of people incuding: a 460whp 03 Cobra, a ...

WRX vs 97 Z-28 and 98 T/A

Went to the track today with some buddies. We had a caravan of people incuding: a 460whp 03 Cobra, a 470whp Z06, a 97 Z-28 with bolt-ons/cam/spray, a 98 T/A with bolt ons, a 00 SS with bolt-ons, and myself in the scooby running on 100 octane.

On the way down my buddy Chris in the 97 Z-28 (Mods: LT4 Hotcam Kit, 4.10's, B&M Ripper, 160 Thermo, PCMFORLESS Tune, LT4KM, K&N FIPK, Airfoil, BBK Shorties, Custom True Duals with X Pipe and Dynomax Bullets, Various other bolt on's, and a 75 shot) lined them up a couple times from 70mph. Each time we hit it we were dead even until I had to shift from third to fourth. Once I did that he started walking me. By the end of fourth he would have had several cars on me, but we let out around 110 because if was obvious. I had assumed that he was on motor, but when we got to the track he told me he had to spray. The only thing I can think of to explain why he didnt annhilate me was his bottle pressue was a little lower than normal because he didnt have the warmer on. Needless to say, I was suprised.

On the way back I had some fun with my buddy Matt in his 98 T/A (Mods: magnaflow catback, ls1 motorsports lid, cutout, chromeoly pushrods, longtubes.) We lined them up from a 60mph roll and everytime I would pull a car ... car and a half until I shifted to fourth. From there it was pretty even, I don't think either one of us was pulling. We shut it down at 120 or so.

All in all it was pretty fun. Ya win some, ya lose some.
    Last edited by silverscooby; 12-22-2003 at 06:43 PM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    I ran a modded LT1 with similar mods to your friends, minus the 75shot and I barely pulled him....your car must be movin pretty damn well!
    2003 SRT-4

With me on 24psi and him on motor I can walk him pretty well, about the same as he walked me today on the bottle.

I just wish I was on 24psi today instead of 19psi, I think it would have been alot closer. Then again, he said his bottle pressure was in the 690's when usually it is in the 900's.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

yeah i have a freind with a ls1 and 50 shot plus unbolted exhaust....he got next to me and i didnt wanna run but he was instigating so i said, what the hell....so around thirty im in 1st(4eat) and i pull right away, 1 car. up untill 100 its like that. and then he pulls 5-7 cars on me to 120 when pop fireball revlimiter.....bye bye z28 i just passed him like he was standing........lol i gues he get fuel cut around 120
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    yeah i have a freind with a ls1 and 50 shot plus unbolted exhaust....he got next to me and i didnt wanna run but he was instigating so i said, what the hell....so around thirty im in 1st(4eat) and i pull right away, 1 car. up untill 100 its like that. and then he pulls 5-7 cars on me to 120 when pop fireball revlimiter.....bye bye z28 i just passed him like he was standing........lol i gues he get fuel cut around 120
    if so, his must have come with the crappier rim/tire combo...If you got the top of the line option, they get rid of the governer...
    2003 SRT-4

Nice, it always feel good beating an LS1.
    Also that LT1 has some serious mods. I bet he was freaking out when he had to go to the bottle.

Right now there's a couple threads over in LS1.COM about LS1's kicking WRXs butts.
    Maybe this guy will be big enough to post getting beat by a WRX. But I dought it.

Can ya link me to the threads on LS1.com?

*nevermind* I went over there and found them

Sounds to me like none of the WRX's were modded very much (all on stock turbo.) A stock or near stock WRX doesnt have anything for a LS1 from a roll or a stop for very long.

I've found that alot of younger kids are getting WRX's these days. maybe because you can pick up a used one for 15k or thereabouts. They tend to think that the WRX can whoop up on a lot of cars it can't. For example, when I was at the track Sunday I had a group of younger guys aproach me. One said that he heard that STi's run 11's .... stock. I just looked at him and said "what? "
    Last edited by silverscooby; 12-24-2003 at 02:45 PM.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Can ya link me to the threads on LS1.com?

*nevermind* I went over there and found them

Sounds to me like none of the WRX's were modded very much (all on stock turbo.) A stock or near stock WRX doesnt have anything for a LS1 from a roll or a stop for very long.

I've found that alot of younger kids are getting WRX's these days. maybe because you can pick up a used one for 15k or thereabouts. They tend to think that the WRX can whoop up on a lot of cars it can't. For example, when I was at the track Sunday I had a group of younger guys aproach me. One said that he heard that STi's run 11's .... stock. I just looked at him and said "what? "

I had a bunch of middle school kids 12-13 year olds, ask me how much my STi cost. I wouldn't tell them because it was so funny listening to them guess how much. They all thought it cost like
    $80,000 - $150,000.
    One kid said " I know those cars cost over $100,000."

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Right now there's a couple threads over in LS1.COM about LS1's kicking WRXs butts.
    Maybe this guy will be big enough to post getting beat by a WRX. But I dought it.
    Yeah, I'm at LS1.COM all the time and there have been many posts about WRX kills.

The way I look at it is that I know my wagon's place in the food chain. The majority of LS1s will own WRX's modded or not. Heck, My SS is #50 on my local club Top ET list and that's only the tip of the iceberg considering not everyone has submitted their time.

Oh, and that LT1 is seriously modded .

Seriously modded is one of our member's "streetable" single turbo LT1 M6 running 10.97 at 138mph w/ 1.92 60ft. through an SLP TOTL exhaust system and on 3.55 gears.

Another member of ours has a 383ci heads/cam/nitrous LT1 that's running 9.8 at 137mph.

That LT1 that silverscooby raced has basically a mild cam, basic bolt-ons and a small shot of nitrous. Definitely not a push over but far from serious .

Keep up the good work silverscooby. I'd love to have my wagon safely push 24psi through a built EJ20 like yours . I need to win the lottery.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    I'd love to have my wagon safely push 24psi through a built EJ20 like yours . I need to win the lottery.
    No, you just need a credit card with a large limit! I just paid it off this month with my Christmas bonus.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

What...no way...silverscooby never loses

Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

D'oh, you're right! I was just joking, I did beat the Z28 by 2 buslengths. The hands of God himself came down and pushed my car towards victory!

The SRT-4 is still faster though!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.