Subaru WRX Forum banner

My WRX vs. Dodge Ram 1500

4K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Sick Boy 
#1 ·
I was out cruising last night and we hit a couple stoplights with a Ram pickup next to us. He looked at me and revved at every light so I decided to lay the smackdown. I revved at the light and he throws it in neutral and does the same. The light turns green and I accelerate only as fast as he does. I shift into 2nd and wait to about 4000 rpm's. I looked at his passenger and then mashed the gas. We left him in the dust. About 1 mile down the road we hit anoth light next to him. He ad his windows down and I said "Dude, Does that thing have a Hemi in it?." The look on his face was priceless. He changed lanes so he wasn't next to me any more. I thought it was hilarious.

#6 ·
Nice kill...but lets make it fair and put about 2,000 lbs. of extra weight in your trunk and see how even it is! WRX is about 3,000lbs. and a Ram is between 4,000-5,000lbs. BTW, I raced an 18 wheeler in my Durango and blew his doors off...is was awesome!!

I'm just playin with ya don't take me serious... I'll race anything if it revs it's motor at me! :D ;)

#11 ·
FastD said:
Yeah, lightnings are fast... it would be sweet if the Ram had a Supercharger or even sweetier a turbo! Can you say "500hp" that would be a truck. I can't wait till the all new L's come out..aren't they supposed to be at the 500hp mark?:wiggles:
yep, supposed to have 500hp/500tq! There's a guy who runs his Turbo diesel truck up here at Sacramento...he says he running 60lbs of boost! He hit a 12.9, with black smoke just POURING out the exhaust the whole way! It was sick!

#14 ·
g007monroe said:
I was out cruising last night and we hit a couple stoplights with a Ram pickup next to us. He looked at me and revved at every light so I decided to lay the smackdown. I revved at the light and he throws it in neutral and does the same. The light turns green and I accelerate only as fast as he does. I shift into 2nd and wait to about 4000 rpm's. I looked at his passenger and then mashed the gas. We left him in the dust. About 1 mile down the road we hit anoth light next to him. He ad his windows down and I said "Dude, Does that thing have a Hemi in it?." The look on his face was priceless. He changed lanes so he wasn't next to me any more. I thought it was hilarious.
Yeah I layed the smack down on a metro lsi in my vs2 wrx. What now???? this is a joke we love you

#16 ·
Being a Lightning fan... I'll just add this. The new Lightning is scheduled to be rated at 500hp with 550tq (as per the SVT website, which has a write up under the concept tab). Plus, an extra 50hp when the gas is mashed through the use of what Ford calls "SuperCooler Technology."

Something tells me this truck is going to embarrass a lot of vehicles. Ford had even toyed with the idea of making it AWD, but unfortunately stuck with RWD. Dodge is rumored to be throwing the viper engine in one of their trucks too. HP war on another level.

I'm adding two links below that discuss it a bit as well... plus more pics. Enjoy...

#17 ·
Yeesh, that new Lightning looks like a snarling, rabid animal.

I'd take a 4-door Ram 1500, throw bolt-ons including a Kenne-Bell SC at it, and have a ~550hp truck with four-door comfort, sleeper goodness (take off "HEMI" emblems), cheap insurance, and zero penile compensation factor! All for a little over $30k. That's the way to go!

There is something appealing about having an 8.3L V10, though...

:eek:

#18 ·
Integra96 said:
Yeesh, that new Lightning looks like a snarling, rabid animal.

I'd take a 4-door Ram 1500, throw bolt-ons including a Kenne-Bell SC at it, and have a ~550hp truck with four-door comfort, sleeper goodness (take off "HEMI" emblems), cheap insurance, and zero penile compensation factor! All for a little over $30k. That's the way to go!

There is something appealing about having an 8.3L V10, though...

:eek:
Not that the Lightning is going to pull 1.0g on the skidpad, but I have a feeling it'll be a little more capable on a track AND hauling ass on a highway. The last thing I want is 500hp in a truck with 11" of ground clearance. Plus... come on... Dodge? They're way worse than Ford. But hey, to each their own.

#19 ·
Eh, I never really got the whole bickering thing among domestic makers. They all suck equally! :p Just kidding, but it's sort of like listening to hicks argue about the better NASCAR driver. It's not as if there's a clear winner among the big three in terms of performance and/or reliability! They're all pretty much builders of somewhat crude and unsophisticated, yet gutsy and sometimes stylish trucks.

The Dodge can be made with OK handling with at least a 2"/4" drop, some nicer shocks, sway bars and nice rubber. You're right about having too much ground clearance with that much power, though! :eek:

#21 ·
Integra96 said:
Eh, I never really got the whole bickering thing among domestic makers. They all suck equally! :p Just kidding, but it's sort of like listening to hicks argue about the better NASCAR driver. It's not as if there's a clear winner among the big three in terms of performance and/or reliability! They're all pretty much builders of somewhat crude and unsophisticated, yet gutsy and sometimes stylish trucks.

The Dodge can be made with OK handling with at least a 2"/4" drop, some nicer shocks, sway bars and nice rubber. You're right about having too much ground clearance with that much power, though! :eek:
American automanufacturers have improved to where the Japanese imports were in the 90's. The problem is, the Japanese continued to improve their automobiles and are still 10 years ahead. It's hard to play catch up.

I understand what you mean about arguing over domestics, actually, arguing over cars in general is goofy most of the time. I was just commenting on the fact that Dodge seems to bomb in Consumer Reports ratings. And when it comes to trucks, well, I have a Ford so yes, I'm bias. :D

Anyway, I just think that new Lightning is bad arse, but we definitely agree on one thing... I can't imagine what the insurance would be!!!:eek:

#22 ·
soon2BWRXd said:
HUH? The 427TT package is $25,000 now add that to the price of a base Corvette $45,000 that comes to $65,000....lets say $70,000 to add taxes and such.....the price of a new Viper is what $79,000.....looks like a better deal to me!!;)
Ok, that I can agree with. But when you say you can own a TT Ligenfelter for a quarter of the price of a Viper..... :D :D

#23 ·
soon2BWRXd said:
I would rather have a Lingenfelter 427TT Vette, 9s in the 1/4 for the price of a Viper!
Try reading it like this: Nines in the quarter; all for the price of a Viper. That's how I understood it, anyway. :)

I may go shopping for a new L when it comes out, if it can be had for $40,000 or less out the door. I like the idea of some utility (even though it's a standard cab), easy 12 second capability, and intimidating size. :cool:

#24 ·
soon2BWRXd said:
HUH? The 427TT package is $25,000 now add that to the price of a base Corvette $45,000 that comes to $65,000....lets say $70,000 to add taxes and such.....the price of a new Viper is what $79,000.....looks like a better deal to me!!;)

$25,000 + $45,000 does not equal $65,000. So really, with taxes and tags, it's more like $75,000 to the Viper's $79,000. :D I'm just fkn with ya. :tongue:

I'd rather have the 427TT because there's more power there AND I like the Vettes more than the Vipers. Of course, the Viper get's the attention since it's a tad more rare looking.

#25 ·
FastD said:
Sometimes you just have to do it! Even if it is a waste of gas!
That reminds me has anyone seen the new Ram commercial? Where they actually race the F-150 at the track with trailers! I love that ****!
I believe it's a Ford comercial, two Heavy Duty trucks with diesels racing, and the Ford wins (hence why it's a Ford commercial). Pretty funny though.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.