Corvette gets owned
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Corvette gets owned within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We were riding down 13 south going to chris field,(herd there was some racing going on down there.) Then a ...

Corvette gets owned

We were riding down 13 south going to chris field,(herd there was some racing going on down there.) Then a vette passes me, we follow him out of traffic and I get beside him, and what does he do? He just laughs at me, its two cocky young guys driving. So by buddy in his 300zx gets next to him, again he wont do anything.

But then I get a light next to him, I decide not to launch, because I hace 3 passangers (don't need any lecktures on that) and probably a 100lbs of **** in my trunck, I figure I'd just bog anyway.

So my little brother talks **** to, the light turns green and he's off 2 cars a head of the line and the passanger waved by to us out the window. lol. But then boost comes on in 1st he's not pulling, I shift into second and start realling him in fast, about half way through second I walking by him shift into third and I'm still steadly pulling away then I shift into 4th and let off.

Now before anyone try's calling BS, it was a older vette, In fact I once saw one of the same body stlye only run a 14.0. So my guess is it was probably in similar condition. My cars not even running good yet, and with 3 extra people I did not expect to real him in like that. But haveing seen that one run a 14 made me wonder.

My mods are in my sig

sorry no vid, but I kicked the camera mans ass afterwords. Camera wasn't on what the hell is that? I don't have everything I need to get it from the camera to my PC anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What were you driving? The Z?
    Any info on how fast it is 1/4 mile etc.

Vettes are definately not the gods of the street. Many of the LT1 Vettes running around aren't very fast. Many of them are up there in miles and not running there best. At the track, I see plenty of stockish LT1 Vettes running 14s in the 1/4 mile.

Yesterday I ran into these 2 guys probaby in their 30s driving an LT1 convertable Vette. They were cruising around with the top down out just outside of town. I got next to them on a perfectly straight road without another car for miles and they just smiled at each other and giggled. I thought for sure they would have gone for it but nope. I think they were on a date.

lol i put my mods are in my sig and don't have a sig. The z was my buddies, it runs 14.5 N/A

I was in my 02 wrx with 100+lbs of **** in the trunk and 3 passangers, my best 1/4 is 12.9 at 104 but that was with my old set up.
    Now I'm running:
    TurboXS stg 4
    u-tech(not tuned good at all)
    SR40 20psi in third gear
    Water/injection

The 12.9 was with vf30 17 psi, a uni-chip and no W/I

WRX
    what type of vette was it?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by racinready300ex
    lol i put my mods are in my sig and don't have a sig. The z was my buddies, it runs 14.5 N/A

I was in my 02 wrx with 100+lbs of **** in the trunk and 3 passangers, my best 1/4 is 12.9 at 104 but that was with my old set up.
    Now I'm running:
    TurboXS stg 4
    u-tech(not tuned good at all)
    SR40 20psi in third gear
    Water/injection

The 12.9 was with vf30 17 psi, a uni-chip and no W/I
    With your mods you should easily beat an LT1 Vette
    (1992 - 1997) if I remember correctly. The LS1s came out in 1997 with the new body style. The only real fast Vettes from the early 90s were the ones with the LT4 motor.

Either way with your mods you should kick some butt. I ran
    12.7 @ 108 mph with a stage 4 and untuned unichip.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good kill, with your mods, you shouldnt worry much about most cars...but the c5s would still give you a run, at speed...
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by WRX
    what type of vette was it?
    I'd say it was the early 90's body style, as others have metioned B4 the LS1's.

It was fun, the best part was I had 3 passanges laughing at him. They thought it was great. Nothing like winning against a respected car like a vette, in my family sadan. lol

Originally posted by SGOSWRX

Either way with your mods you should kick some butt. I ran
    12.7 @ 108 mph with a stage 4 and untuned unichip.
    As did I, with the same setup.

I actually raced a built vette the day I turned my 12.7.

He ran a 12.68.

I was very pleased, since I smoked 2 of his friends earlier in the night.
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.