Humiliated an '03 Cobra, an R34, and a Lingenfelter, all in the same day!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Humiliated an '03 Cobra, an R34, and a Lingenfelter, all in the same day! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, not really. As a matter of fact, I've never seen 2 of those cars except in pictures. Just looking ...

Humiliated an '03 Cobra, an R34, and a Lingenfelter, all in the same day!

Ok, not really. As a matter of fact, I've never seen 2 of those cars except in pictures. Just looking for an attention getter.

Seriously, how many of you find that you NEVER get picked on on the street to race? I have never street raced some stranger because either he or I started revving on each other. I guess that the WRX wagon doesn't look worthy or something because I never see any sort've aggressive behavior. (Except from the moms in their minivans down by the mall at X-mas shopping time)

I'm not going to lie. I break traffic laws, sometimes before I even put the keys in the ignition. It's difficult not to have fun in this car, but I'd say that my 2 mile, traffic jammed, 30 min drive to work precludes any street racing; it'd be like that Mitsu commercial where those two guys are sitting in the showroom and pantomiming driving.

I'm not saying I want to race anyone. I'm just a little offended that no one gives me the time of day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

j/k Change that title!
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

STRANGELY no one messes with me really.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Ike
    So many people seem to get spooked by our cars still. Most of my races involve cars that know they don't have a shot at beating me. It's a kind of a what have they got to lose scenario. The other most common race of mine seems to be some guy in a pickup with a huge V8 and a number 3 sticker on his rear window. I swear these guys are the biggest jackasses on the road and drive around like they're goal is to pass as many cars on the highway as possible on their way home from work.

I regularly will get 4 cars behind me at a light with no one pulling up next to me in the other lane. Happened to me 3 or 4 times this week alone, with some cars that I thought might want a quick little run. Lastly, most "ricers" seem to avoid my car like the plague and drive like a grandma as soon as they see me, sudden turns are pretty common as well if I pull up next to them at a light or we catch a light together.

Originally posted by Ike
    The other most common race of mine seems to be some guy in a pickup with a huge V8 and a number 3 sticker on his rear window.
    Ironically, I'm from hayseed land, Indiana (don't cotton much to those jackasses neither); but I'm stationed in Hawaii and who do I happen to run into shortly after I buy the car? Yup, Jephro. Even tried to run me off of the road.

Here on the island (Oahu), the WRX and STI are becoming pretty common. My unit deployed to the US Military Academy last summer and whenever I was able to cut free (down to NYC, up to CT to see my in-laws, up to Niagara, Canada to sightsee), I was lucky to see 1 WRX. Lotsa Foresters, though (no XT).

I was even caught in the 2F2F zone one night when my father-in-law took me to the Outback in Newington, CT. So many imports and not one Subaru. On the way home, we even had not one but two racers rev on us in his 2000 Toyota Tercel at a stoplight.

I guess there must be some intimidation. Goddamn Lance Armstrong!

what the hell.

i was just about to say, "Finally, someone fabbed up a flat-six WRX and proclaimed ultimate domination on sportcompactkind."

o well, i have a whole lifetime. Someday, someday.
    Originally posted by AjIsDope:
    You better get a camera and go do that again....if not, we will hunt you down and eat your baby.

Maybe when I get enough scrip to be able to buy one of these.

http://www.xcceleration.com/engine-p...ceengines.html

Only for $1k more than I originally bought the car for.

I'm my wrx nobody tries to play but in my 944 every freakin honda with an anally tuned exhaust tries to start. You know the kids that ride right along side of you and jump on and off the throttle? Only there's like cars 25ft in front of both of us. I roll the window down and throw up my hands and say "where you going to go?". take it to the track
    fookster

Take it to the track.
    Everyone wants to race at the track. Send them home with a white slip of paper that tells them how bad they got wooped!

No one really plays around with me...usually I antagonize them a little bit to see if they're game...the only people that ever came after me was an old Porsche 911 turbo and an older M3...the Porsche rode my rear and the M3 just came up and revved at me...other then that people just seem to sit next to me and then I get on it...and wait for them to return and then we both go.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by Wannabe
    Take it to the track.
    Everyone wants to race at the track. Send them home with a white slip of paper that tells them how bad they got wooped!
    I've got 210 passes at the track. I've got 0 speeding tix and 0 fender benders....because I'm not aggressive on the street.

I don't want to race anyone on the road. I'm just looking for an answer to a question that had been on my mind. This is the Subaru 'kills' forum, no?

Any harm?

I don't get that much action either .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

sounds just like me. i have not raced anyone on the street yet since i got this car. the only 2 "challenges" i got in a whole year was a civic who floored it in traffic, and a eclipse which was turning. i never rev at anyone on the street, the only time i drive fast is for my own fun

Consider yourselves lucky! Everytime I hit the road I find a Civic or Cavalier drafting behind me like we're NASCAR racers . Most of the time I just drive in the far right lane, until something worthy comes along.

I Support ClubWRX
    When I was at stage 2 people used to wanna race all the time. Once I went Stage 4, I toasted a Trans Am on the first day and that was it..... nothing since then....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.