A6
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am coming home last night from my buddy's house at around 3:30 am, I pull up to a red ...

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

A6

I am coming home last night from my buddy's house at around 3:30 am, I pull up to a red light to turn left on a 1 mile straight away by my house. Behind me, i see the bright front end of a late model Audi A6, didn't think anything of it really. Light turns green and I go, as I round the left turn I gas it in second and I WOT in third...and the guy in the Audi from 2 or 3 car lengths back catches and passes me without breaking a sweat!!! I caught up to him at the next light and waved, he waved back.

What did this guy have done to the car to make it that fast?? They aren't that way stock are they? The reason why I doubt that it was stock is because when he pulled away after waving I could hear a fairly loud spooling noise from the engine. Is this normal for the stock turbo(s) in these cars to be that loud?

btw, this car was very sleeper-like, just black with aftermarket 17 in rims. No exterior flashiness!
    Last edited by tacomaboy138; 12-20-2003 at 03:03 PM.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe some of those come with a Twin Turbo'd 6 cylinder!
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

http://www.audiusa.com/model_home/0,...200409,00.html

Yeah a 250 hp Twin Turbo'd 6....could have been modded or maybe they are really strong from a roll or.....an RS6 http://www.audiusa.com/model_preview...200321,00.html

450 horses will do that to ya.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

nope it wasn't an RS6, I would have noticed that. + I think that an RS6 would have really put massive car lengths on me, he only had like 3 or 4 by the end of the mile straight (which I guess is still a lot, but I imagine an RS6 putting like 4 or 5 bus lengths).

Either way, he seemed cool about it. I admire the fact that his car was discrete and not flashy.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Some A6s use the same 2.7L bi-turbo engine as the older S4s...they can be made REALLY, REALLY FAST!!!!! I went to the track with my freind and his buddie who owns an A6, IIRC he was running low 13s with just an Exhaust, and a chip or ECU swap..either way it was really fast for his level of mods. Plus he just recently upgraded to better ball bearing turbos...I can't imagine he says he'll prolly be near low 12s this summer!
    Stock or something close to it.....

Yeah those bi-turbo V6 motors are very good. You can get alot of power out of them. Something like 500hp...
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

A6 2.7T Quattro...this model is sweet since it shares the same unit from the old S4. OR it could just be the A6 4.2
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

I Support ClubWRX
    Even the 3.0 N/A isn't to shabby. Our 2.8 is 200HP, and I think the new ones are 230? The 2.7t was 250HP, but adding only a chip adds 50HP. The 4.2 V8 is 300 HP, and, as noted, the RS6's 4.2V8 twin turbo puts down 450 HP!

A chip on ours only adds 10-12 HP, so I didn't bother. And it is the sluggish shifting auto-manual, so it doesn't seem very quick. I want to drive the 3.2 TT with the dual shaft/clutch tranny! Shifts into the even gears on one shaft as the odd gear un-couples, never losing power to the ground!

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

wow, that transmission setup sounds sweet. Well, whatever it was, it was fast, even though I am stock, I didn't expect a larger car like that to just catch me at WOT from 3-4 cars back that quickly...!

But, if it has 250 hp stock and has better topend gearing it may just be stock?!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    ummm...unless your sig is off, you have a stock WRX wagon...not exactly a fast car...Especially from a roll, I dont doubt that his pretty high powered sedan could catch you up.
    2003 SRT-4

Did the driver look like this?

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    ummm...unless your sig is off, you have a stock WRX wagon...not exactly a fast car...Especially from a roll, I dont doubt that his pretty high powered sedan could catch you up.
    lol! Like a stock wrx sedan is faster than a stock wagon, assuming that's what you're saying.....
    02 wrx wagon
    Ecutek (rallispec tuned)
    vf30, sti injectors, walbro 255 fp
    Vishnu catback, pde up/dp
    aps d/r500 stealth black fmic
    aps pod intake
    cusco f/r sway bars, strut bars
    Prodrive springs
    Whiteline suspension bits
    Twr Racing 4pot bbk up front
    Twr Racing 2pot brakes in back
    max whp 326 (11/24/03)
    Cylinder #4: R.I.P 2/2004

lol...

yeah i am stock but i still didn't expect to get pulled that hard WOT in 3rd... oh well.

what i am wondering is, if he was stock or not...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by sndstreamx
    lol! Like a stock wrx sedan is faster than a stock wagon, assuming that's what you're saying.....
    No, wagon or sedan, neither one is a formidable opponent for most new high end cars on the road now
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.