WRX VS EVO Question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX VS EVO Question within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So how would my wrx stack up against a stock EVO? I got a MBC, Helix Downpipe, HKS Cat-back (installed ...

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

Question WRX VS EVO Question

So how would my wrx stack up against a stock EVO?

I got a MBC, Helix Downpipe, HKS Cat-back (installed it friday night )

Lets just say i have a realllly good launch as well

Thanks for the help!
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ya might be close
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

I would say he may take you up top... Your little TD04 runs outa puff... My old WRX used to give them a good run for their money on 16psi with 3" downpipe (catless)

He wouldnt embaress you though...
    * 1:18.47 Manfield * 11.81 @ 114.7mph *
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    We will be running tonight, i think i have a good chance =)
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

I raced a Modded WRX From a roll, had full exhaust, Upper pipe, Better bov and as much PSI those things can handle stock, I stillwalked him bad stock, but his car was louder then mine.

I blame the turbo, you need turbo upgrade, in a drag race, better driver should win in th 1320.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

I Support ClubWRX
    I raced one from a roll with similar mods and I lost.... not by much, but I lost. The wrx turbo can't keep up with that evo turbo. If he has any work done, then forget it....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

my roomate has an evo and we race all the time.i have stage 2 with uppipe,crankpulley,turboxs short ram intake,intercooler hoses and greddy e-01 boost controller.from a launch i will get him by half a car from a roll t 135 we were dead even the whole way

What kind of mods do we need to beat an EVO?
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Stage 2 should about do it.... it's a driver's race at that point.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Oh my Lord

Ok, kind of ironic that I ran into an Evo today...and a modified one at that...

We both jump on the highway and theres people on the road so we both just get on and off the throttle to let each know we're game...and we both happen to get off the same exit...

So we pull up to a stop sign and rolls through in front of me and I'm rolling in first gear and as soon as I catch his bumper I hit it and then he does...I have MAYBE a car on him from the jump and then he starts reeling me in...and quick. By 3rd gear he put about 2 maybe even a 3rd car on me.

We pull up next to the next stop sign and he rolls down the window and goes "hey thats pretty quick" and I said basically the same thing and that it sounded insane and he asked me if its on a stock turbo so I said yeah and I gave him a card for my site so hopefully he signs up because his car is QUICK! and he seemed like a pretty cool kid.

He said he had "basic bolt ons" no engine management...looked catless cause he was covering me in smoke and my mods are a UTEC on the base Stage 2 map (with my timing tweaked by PaulRex) and a Turbo XS turbo back with a high flow cat and the version 1 muffler and a Turbo XS up pipe...but god damn he walked on me...I can't wait for Stage 4...
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

- I dont think you have a good chance

Originally posted by Miguel_04_WRX
    What kind of mods do we need to beat an EVO?
    A JET ENGINE!!
    Long Live King Evo.

Originally posted by WRX KILA
    A JET ENGINE!!
    Actually a stage 4 would do it.

Ignore "WRX Kila", he just proves that even a moron can buy a nice car.
    2002 WRX WRB

you will lose
    my buddies done everything you possibly can to a stock turboed WRX - even ported heads, and he got walked badly
    95 GSX - GT30R

i beat 2 different stock evo's with several runs from rolls and stops. When i had just a stealthback, 16psi, and uppipe. I'd say from 0-90, you got em. they will start to hang over 90 and possibly catch up. 1 of the evo's I raced was a very good driver. Then again I only ran a 13.5 so its possible for one to have beaten me assuming that is my best possible time. I'd say its a driver's race with the odds on you. Good luck

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.