WRX vs Bullitt Mustang
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Bullitt Mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I usually only post good kills (high HP cars), but I havent had a whole lot of good kills lately ...

WRX vs Bullitt Mustang

I usually only post good kills (high HP cars), but I havent had a whole lot of good kills lately so bare with me...

I was off work today and decided to do a little Christmas shopping for the wife while she was at work. As I'm leaving the mall I notice a green Mustang pass in front of me heading to the same light that I'm going to. As he passed I noticed a brushed aluminum fuel door, red calipers and some Bullit wheels. He looked right at me as he went by too, it felt like one of the nature shows when the gazelle sees the lion right before it pounces. Only thing is, he thought he was the lion....

So I make my turn and settle in behind him at the light ready to make a turn onto the main 4 lane road. I turn down the CD player so I can hear if he gets on it or not when I hear *WHOOOOM, WHOOOM* Sure enough, it's the Steve McQueen wanabe ahead of me. He's looking at his rear-view at me as he's revving. I just sat there and slowly gave him a thumbs down so he could see it. Truth be told, it did sound good (flowmasters, no doubt). I just like to mess with these type of guys.

Light goes green we make our left onto the road. Instead of turning into the outside lane with the rest of traffic, he darts into the inside lane and nails it. I follow suit, but pretty soon I'm right on his butt and have to back off. The next light is coming pretty quickly so I didnt have time to switch lanes and over take him. There's already some cars sitting at the light so we're the third cars back in each of our lanes. I roll up next to him and roll the window down. He's listening to Pantera real loud and won't acknowledge me. I beeped at him and he finally rolled his window down.

"I thought those Bullitt Mustangs were fast, man!?" I can tell that pissed him off because he started his rev routine again. I just laughed and rolled my window up. Light goes green and I was prepared to part ways because I had to merge onto the highway about an 1/8th mile up. Mr McQueen decides to merge in behind me and ride my ass (I was stuck behind a Camry) as I was merging onto the highway.

Knowing full well what he's going to do, I leave it in third as I'm merging. Rev's climbing 4000..4500... he swings out to the fast lane and goes by me. After he does, I swing out around the Camry and nail it. Catch fourth and start to reel him in hardcore. Switch to the right lane and I gave him a big wave as I went by. With a bigger turbo, I actually like 4th gear because I can ride it all the way to 130 or so. I shut down at the top of fourth because I was reaching uncomfortable speeds and he was way back there. He stayed back there all the way home. I think I hurt his feelings.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tisk, tisk. Pickin on such cars. I bet if he knew what lurked under the bonnet on that ride of yers he woulda turned down the music and suddenly found the scenery VERY interesting. Pickin on cars like that.....you outta be ashamed!

2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Checked out your dyno graph, very impressive.
    I'm assuming you were on pump gas for this little adventure?

Aren't you selling your car Jim?

How is your tranny holding up? You're on your second one, right?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Yeah, this was on crappy ol 93 octane. I am selling my car, have to put it on ebay. My tranny is fine. No drag racing (from a stop) for me.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Yeah, this was on crappy ol 93 octane. I am selling my car, have to put it on ebay. My tranny is fine. No drag racing (from a stop) for me.
    Do you granny shift or have you done anything to keep your tranny lasting longer?

good kill man!!! there is only 1 bullitt mustang to me. and i'll give you a hint. it's a fastback with a 390
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Muuahaha....Picking on stock-ish mustangs is like challenging the kids on the short bus to a spelling bee
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

I would have done exactly the same thing. Bullits are definately a good kill. Many of the people that drive them think there hot stuff.
    There's a girl that lives in my area that drives one and she thinks she the fastest thing on the road. One of these days I'll get a chance to set her straight.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    One of these days I'll get a chance to set her straight.
    hehehehehee... with what?? Your STi??
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Hopefully I'll get a few more kills today. I'm riding down in a caravan to the track around 12:00 with a bunch of my buddies in Camaros and T/A's. Then again, I'm sure I'll get waxed by some of them to seeing how we'll be doing roll-ons from 40-70mph and some of them are spraying!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

i see alot of mustang kills around here but i barely have much done to my 5.0 and everytime i race a wrx i spank them horribly. don't get me wrong i really like the cars alot, thats why i read in this forum

no flaming please just making a comment
    91 mustang gt

but i really like anything awd turbo

What's the specs on a Bullitt Mustang?

Originally posted by joshV_5.0
    i see alot of mustang kills around here but i barely have much done to my 5.0 and everytime i race a wrx i spank them horribly. don't get me wrong i really like the cars alot, thats why i read in this forum

no flaming please just making a comment
    It's kind of the luck of the draw. I know plenty of Mustang owners who would whoop my ass, I just havent run into many of them on the street. Sounds like you have the same experience. Keep in mind that my car is making close to 200 more wheel horsepower than a stock WRX.

What's the specs on a Bullitt Mustang?
    Theyre nothing much over a GT. Different intake, and I think that's it besides the cosmetic stuff. This guy had exhaust as well.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Josh, consider that a stock wrx makes only 160-175 hp to the wheels, probably less than any healthy 5.0 stocker. Consider also that the wrx weighs similar to a foxbody. From a roll, you should beat any stock boosted wrx, maybe even a few boosted ones. However from a dead stop, you must launch perfectly to beat a stock wrx with a good driver (before you reach arrest-me speed limits).

I will always have love for foxbody mustangs. The aftermarket possibilites are endless. Such a good sounding motor too (with flowmaster of course). Im considering looking for a 87-90 notchback myself... just so i can do burnouts and childhood memory raising experiences. The first car i learned stick on, was a 90 LX hatch with 4.10 gears, headers, flowmaster and nitto drag radials... man that thing scooted, i was addicted to the sound before i even got out of the car.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast