Reason why Srt-4 beats wrx?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Reason why Srt-4 beats wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i havnt lost to one yet, so my thing is if we had front mount intercoolers like they do ...

Reason why Srt-4 beats wrx?

Well i havnt lost to one yet, so my thing is if we had front mount intercoolers like they do wouldnt it be close or maybe the wrx would own Huh? do u guys think this is why they have so much more power than the rex and better top end? so if our cars came equiped with a front mount, we should be at same levels na. same for the evo, i dont think the sti has front mount, does it?
    i raced a srt4 from a roll but was no where near owned, i had at least 2 car lead and seem like i was just pulling on him. What do u guys think??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Reason why Srt-4 beats wrx?

Originally posted by bigdaddy
    Well i havnt lost to one yet, so my thing is if we had front mount intercoolers like they do wouldnt it be close or maybe the wrx would own Huh? do u guys think this is why they have so much more power than the rex and better top end? so if our cars came equiped with a front mount, we should be at same levels na. same for the evo, i dont think the sti has front mount, does it?
    i raced a srt4 from a roll but was no where near owned, i had at least 2 car lead and seem like i was just pulling on him. What do u guys think??
    ??? I've only seen SRT'4s alongside me at the stoplight and through my rearview when I'm rolling.

It's not just the intercooler. They have a 2.4 motor, the WRX has a 2.0. They also have a bigger turbo and bigger fuel injectors. They also don't have 3 catylitic converters. Then again, while theyre sitting there spinning their extra power on the line, we're off with a chirp.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Or it could be that you just suck as a driver!

J/k.....had to say it....
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

It is a better car.

more whp then us and lighter. they got us beat. but as more whp they get less traction they will have awd will always be there for us but both are nice cars.

Beanboy what car do you think is the better one?
    2004 WRX Black,K&N Air filter,Turbo XS utec,3" Turbo XS turbo back stainless exhaust,Turbo XS uppipe,VF-39 Turbo Perrin BOV, DC racing 550 Injectors ,Walboro fuel pump, NGK iridium spark plugs ,Defi Boost and EGT Gauges,( 280 awhp SAE and 270 awtq SAE ).

If your car was completely stock but you added a front-mount intercooler, then you would have even more lag with little (if any) added high-end power. Unlike many other stock turbocharged cars and Hondas with aftermarket turbo kits, WRX turbos are placed toward the rear of the engine bay (due to the layout of the engine), so to install a FMIC would mean that there is extra piping which equates to more turbo lag (since there is a greater distance to be traveled by the air from the turbo through the intercooler to the intake manifold. Basically, a FMIC wouldn't make sense unless you had a larger, higher-boost turbo that would require that much more air to be chilled.

In short, a FMIC alone on an otherwise stock WRX wouldn't help your chances against an SRT-4. Stock WRXs weren't made for top end power, but with some mods you could have it.

^
    He said it.

I don't know what the myth about more piping creating more lag is.
    I did an install on a GReddy FMIC w/stock turbo, injectors, everything but perrin fuel rails and AEM FPR, 3" catless turboback/catless uppipe. Before the FMIC the car pulled...with the FMIC it pulled harder, and if I said there was more then 100rpm of lag added I'd be a liar. That's just what I've experienced though..
    Getting back on topic, comparing a SRT-4 to a WRX is almost silly. The SRT4 is 2.4, no muffler, lighter, therefor in a straight line it's going to be faster. However, the WRX has a nicer interior, AWD through turns, and launch. AWD is only good for straight line racing at the launch, once a FWD hooks up they have an advantage. Throw one of Ron's 2.4 liter monster motors in your WRX and we have a different story all together

Scott
    www.thewrxstore.com
    T3/T4 Kits starting @ $2500.

630.510.8981- Voice
    630.510.9978- Fax

I Support ClubWRX
    If we didn't have cars like the srt-4 we wouldn't have to strive so hard to make our cars faster. I like the competition and think it is a very competant car.

Srt-4's can run 12's on the stock turbo. They're also powered on 2 wheels, instead of 4, so they'll have better top end. Just look at their 1/4 mile times. It can trap at 100 mph.
    The evo boosts at 19 psi and stays at around 16 psi after a certain rpm.
    The STi has a top mount ic.

Originally posted by TheWRXstore
    I don't know what the myth about more piping creating more lag is.
    I did an install on a GReddy FMIC w/stock turbo, injectors, everything but perrin fuel rails and AEM FPR, 3" catless turboback/catless uppipe. Before the FMIC the car pulled...with the FMIC it pulled harder, and if I said there was more then 100rpm of lag added I'd be a liar. That's just what I've experienced though..
    I was talking about the added lag of a FMIC installed on an otherwise STOCK WRX. You have a lot of go-fast goodies that probably compensate for the added piping while utlizing the benefits of a FMIC... I guess I just forgot to mention ALL of them, hehe.

Oh yeah, and here's another reason why the SRT-4 beats the WRX: the WRX came out FIRST, and I think that Subaru was the first in a while to experiment with what the U.S. market looks for in the turbocharged compact car segment, so they didn't go all-out when it came to their first shot in otherwise unexplored territory (since the demise of the Eclipse GS-Ts/GSXs). But then other car manufacturers (Mitsubishi and Dodge, specifically) saw what a hit the WRX was, so those following Subaru's steps in that segment put a lot more effort, knowing that there is a market for those cars. So that's why Dodge made an SRT-4 with a ridiculously capable engine that puts out straight-line performance numbers that put a lot of lightly-modded WRXs and Mustangs to shame. They know people want it and will buy it. Next time around, Subaru will probably make a much more potent baseline WRX, and Dodge will probably make an SRT-4 that looks as good as it accelerates rather than like a souped-up rental car.

Originally posted by trainrex
    If we didn't have cars like the srt-4 we wouldn't have to strive so hard to make our cars faster. I like the competition and think it is a very competant car.
    indeed. the more cars like this the better. more choices for me when i feel i can handle the extra speed on the track... and i can afford it
    93 Miata LE, #100/1500 Black

"I wrote a hit play!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast