Reason why Srt-4 beats wrx? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Reason why Srt-4 beats wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Khryz it's the 2.4L engine with more bottom-end torque, the FWD, and the SRT-4 being lighter. But ...

Originally posted by Khryz
    it's the 2.4L engine with more bottom-end torque, the FWD, and the SRT-4 being lighter.
    But isn't is bottom end-pro, lighter-pro, FWD-con...specific to the straight line?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am pretty sure that the Subaru WRX revolutionized the so-called "sport-compact" segment. Before the WRX what could run 0-60 in 5.5/ 1/4 mile in under 14.5 for under/around 25k? After the Jap twin-turbo rear-drive/awd cars went away in the mid-90s no company had the balls to step up and make a risky turbo move. Dodge never would have produced the srt-4 if it werent for the risk Subaru rightly took with the WRX.

Dodge built the SRT-4 to please all those out there who strive to go quick in the quarter mile for cheap whereas the WRX came out because Subaru wanted to bring its rally-inspired AWD turbo cars over here. Gran Turismo and other video games that featured the WRX and Evo are sometimes cited as the reasons why rally car popularity grew enough in America to give Subaru enough reason to bring the Rex over. The Dodge isn't rally-inspired so the two cars ARE NOT BROTHERS.

Anyway, FWD sucks.
    Last edited by ihaveadent; 12-28-2003 at 06:51 PM.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

This argument has been going on since the SRT-4 has come out.

To me its comparing apples to oranges. SRT-4 will own a WRX in a straight line, but who wants to go straight all the time?

Put it to a mulitple stage course.

1/4 mile
    AutoCross
    2 mi road course,
    Rally courses
    Dirt, gravel, mud and then SNOW
    Then see who wins

Both are great vehicles for their functions.

Its like saying

John Force Vs. Makinen

Except for the rally courses, the SRT-4 would win stock versus stock. Summer tires can go a long way...

-B

I'd say wrx for all except drags and possible road courses. I wouldn't wanna see an srt 4 in snow/mud hehe.

Para

WEll the SCCA thinks they are close enough to be in the same class for autocrossing. But that's not saying much with their track record. Ack, bad pun...

-B

Just like the mid 13 second SVT cobra, put some slick or drag radials on there SVT runs 11's. Think the SRT can run some damn good times with better tires.

There is a guy on one of these boards that has gotten into the 12's with stock turbo/intercooler( though he did have a drag ratio dog-box)

Neon is a badass car regardless. And we also have to deal with(roughly) 25% drivetrain loss compared to 15%
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

Originally posted by 0260B4U
    Neon is a badass car regardless.
    I was kind of agreeing with you until then...
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Well for what it is and the price, yes it is still a neon. But with minimal mods will hand alot of cars their ass. Ive seen it happen.
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

i have 2 friends both of them with srt-4's. one of them i have put stage 1, shifter bushins, wastgate(he can hold 16 in third to redline and in fourth hold 17psi to redline), txs rfl bov, and msd coil.

the car is now alot faster than my other friends car who is stock except for a txs high performance b/c. i have many videos of me running both of them and them running each other and the one with stage 1 running a trans am ls1. i will post them as soon as i can, especially the ls1 run. you will be surprised at how he done against the ls1.

now as far as the turbo goes they have a tdo4, and their turbo is right on top of the manifold, to my suprise the turbo is actually welded to the manifold, which sucks for them because when they put a different turbo on they have to buy a manifold as well.

here is what there stages consist of....
    -Mopar srt-4 stage 1 ($300
    -527 cc/min Injectors
    -Stage 1 PCM

Mopar SRT-4 Stage 2 (Under $2,000.00, December 2003)
    -682 cc/min Injectors
    -Stage 2 PCM
    -Upgraded Wastegate Actuator
    -3.0 Bar MAP Sensor
    -3.0 Bar TIP Sensor
    -2.5" Cat-Back Exhaust System (Optional)
    -Turbo Toys Hardware and Components
    --Dial-a-Boost (4-pos Thumb-wheel)
    --Intercooler Sprayer (w/ switch)
    --Pump vs. Racing Fuel Switch

Mopar Stage 3 (Early 2004)
    -719 cc/min Injectors
    -Stage 3 PCM
    -TD05HR-15GK@-10cm2 Upgrade Turbo Unit
    -High Flow (75psi) Viper Fuel Pump Module
    -Demand-Regulated Fuel Rail Assembly

Mopar SRT-4 Stage 3-R (Under Development)
    -Stage 3R PCM
    -Cat Delete Exhaust (Race Pipe)
    -Other

sorry for the long post.......
    03 wrx built 205 fpred...423whp 93oct 556whp c16
    04 sti white with gold rims. now with the fp3586r turbo...anyone wanna play? 750whp either way it's fast!!!

Originally posted by skoobywrx

Put it to a mulitple stage course.

1/4 mile
    AutoCross
    2 mi road course,
    Rally courses
    Dirt, gravel, mud and then SNOW
    Then see who wins

*cough* Onelap *cough*

And about the people don't cross-shop the WRX and SRT-4 comment. I wanted an SRT-4 bad but Dodge really botched the release on them. If they would have released them here in May I would be driving one instead of the WRX. I could have waited but when the wife gives the go ahead for a new $25k car you have to take it.
    Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple Yes or No answer. -- Space Ghost

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.