M5 & Porsche Turbo vs my STi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on M5 & Porsche Turbo vs my STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good news and bad news. I hit the jack pot today. Good news first. I first ran into an M5. ...

M5 & Porsche Turbo vs my STi

Good news and bad news.

I hit the jack pot today.

Good news first. I first ran into an M5. I was right behind him on Colonial Parkway. We were both going about 20 mph and I decided to nail the gas. He fell for it and followed. I got the initial jump, but he was actually a head of me at the start of the race. We ran up to about 90mph and I had at least a car or more on him. I actually slowly walked him in 2nd and 3rd gear. I had heard they run low 13s @ 108mph so I was a little suprized he didn't walk me, instead of the other way around.

Then a little later on up the road I see a Porsche Carrera. Didn't know if it was turbo yet. So I did my best to get close to him. This was kind of difficult because he was driving like he was at Indy. Well he gets caught in some traffic and has to slow down. I get about 3 cars behind him, its a turbo, (he see's me) and all the sudden he nails it. I see a little bit of smoke come out the tail pipe and the race is on. I nailed it all most at the same time he did and tried my very best to hang tuff. We ran from about 30mph up to 90mph or so. I would say he pulled about 1 car on me up to 90mph. Thats it. I felt pretty good hanging tuff behind him. I was definately right there in his rear view mirror not going anywhere fast.
    So pretty exciting day so far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice runs there! Shame about the Porsche though!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

If you have to lose to something, let it be a 993/996 turbo!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

u always seem to get the good race
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    u always seem to get the good race
    I do get a lot of races. Whats funny I don't post 1/2 of them. I only post the ones I think people will care about. This area has fast cars everywhere. Everytime I leave the house I run into someone wanting to race.

Nice ones. I'm the same as you, I only post about half my kills. I take the long way home (4 lane road with lights every mile or so) every now and again just in case I find someone to play with.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Cary NC eh?

I've done alot of GPS baseline work in that area(orthophoto GPS surveying). Spent some major money at the Gold Club(I think) near the REI outlet...again I think. The days kinda blend. If ya ever make yer way into WNC, toss me a PM and I'll show ya some backroads that'll curl yer hair.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Nice win, and nice death! I've run across two 993/996 turbos in the last year. I was in the Hawk for the first one, and chased the guy down an on ramp onto the freeway up to about 150. I couldn't gain, and he couldn't pull away. Guy was about 50 yrs old, and gave me the thumbs up after we settled back down and regained some common sense. Other one was at the track, and I was in the WRX. I was even for about the 1st 90 feet, and then GOODBYE in a big way... He ran an 11.9 at about 118 mph to my modest 13.4 at 100... Badass German cars...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

man, m5. woo!!

two of those raced me. 1 day after the next. both times my @$$ was handed down to me
    well, its not like i have a turbo upgrade or nething. i knew that was gonna happen
    "u would never realize something unless u did the opposite"
    --me

SGOSWRX

where in S.W. Florida are you? Tampa or there-about?

Cause I am in western Florida, I.E. the Redneck Riviera LOL Pensacola
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

Originally posted by LukeWRX
    SGOSWRX

where in S.W. Florida are you? Tampa or there-about?

Cause I am in western Florida, I.E. the Redneck Riviera LOL Pensacola
    I live south of Fort Myers, basically on the same latitude as Palm Beach but on the West Coast. Most the people that live in the area are either retired or live here seasonally. (a lot of old people)
    When I'm 60 years old, I'll be in the perfect place.

Wow, those are two impressive runs IMO.

I would think an M5 from a roll would be very tough for an STI to hang with...anyone know what they trap at? I'm not sure, but you trap at 104mph or so. Should be a driver's race in any situation I'd imagine.

And staying with a 911 Turbo, that's a high 11 second car, isn't it? I'd have to imagine that they trap in the 110s, if not higher as I'm pretty sure they handle stock Cobra's with ease (from a dig or from a roll).

Damn!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey

I would think an M5 from a roll would be very tough for an STI to hang with...anyone know what they trap at? I'm not sure, but you trap at 104mph or so. Should be a driver's race in any situation I'd imagine.

And staying with a 911 Turbo, that's a high 11 second car, isn't it? I'd have to imagine that they trap in the 110s, if not higher as I'm pretty sure they handle stock Cobra's with ease (from a dig or from a roll).

Damn!
    911 turbos run mid 12's stock. M5 is a pretty good match as well, until the race gets above about 100 mph IMO. Both those cars are incredible at high speeds.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by smokey

Damn!
    M5 are suppose to run low to mid 13s @ 107- 108 mph. Thats what one of my mags say. It also says an EVO traps at 105 mph.

But what I've found in you can't always go by mag stats. I ran dead even from a 1st gear roll up to about 80mph with an 03 Cobra. They can trap 110mph. I've also beaten 5 different LS1's racing from a 1st-2nd gear roll. They are suppose to trap more than 104 mph.
    Also one thing I should mention. When I trapped 104 mph, I hit my rev limiter at the top of 2nd gear. That definatly cost me some time and speed. I had to leave the track after that run, because I didn't have a helmet. I also beat a Z06 Vette on that run.

So almost anything can happen on the street or the track. Magazine trap speeds and E.T.'s don't always when races.

haha..here is a step by step instant replay of my race w/ a gt3

at first i got him by a car

dayum he right next to me at 100mph

110, 120, 150....he GOOONNNNEEEE!!!

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast