White STi vs White Z28 (94-98 style) vs Silver 3.2TL

This is a discussion on White STi vs White Z28 (94-98 style) vs Silver 3.2TL within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I forgot how this one started off, but I was on 680 North Bound heading for my house and Dominique ...

White STi vs White Z28 (94-98 style) vs Silver 3.2TL

I forgot how this one started off, but I was on 680 North Bound heading for my house and Dominique was in my car again (she's always in my car, well, we were going to watch anime). Any how, I see this White 94-98ish Camaro Z28 and as I get close, he kind of speeds away. That's all right, I hate it when people drive next to me too.

So I'm cruising at about 80 to 90 and he let's me pass since he realizes I'm not racing. After 2 minutes or so of cruising, I see these head lights approaching fast. I recognize that it's a Silver 3.2TL. At this point, the Z28 had lined up with me and was in the slow lane (I was in the fast lane) and the 3.2TL was approaching fast in the middle lane. When the 3.2TL finally got lined up with the Z28 (Why do these Hondas always like the middle?), they all cruise. I start to fall back cause I hate cruising like this. They follow and fall back with me. Fawk... it's on at this point. Soon as I start to speed up just a little, the Z28 and the 3.2TL take off, the Z28 leads and the 3.2TL is chugging along. I was having none of this and I think Dominique said, "GO!" So I down shifted into 5th at 80MPH, watch my rpm's go to about 4K+ and I hit my gas. My STi burns past the 3.2TL and the Z28 not too long after.

Well, as a joke, I flicked my hazards on for one second and let the guy catch up. I was about to give him the thumbs up for a friendly race when he pulls the ricer fly by and gives me the hazards. Oh well, I was at my exit and had to get off anyway.

I still don't understand though... I would think a V8 would have really strong pull in the higher speeds... but this guy lost to me. Maybe an automatic or just a bad driver?

Signed,
    Outferno

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kills
    First off, I had a 94z28 and my STi would absolutely kill it. So I don't dought you passed him on the top end.

Don't forget LT1's are 7 - 10 years old. Many have over 100k miles and run much slower than they did when they were new.
    I sold a 94z28 with 98,000 miles on it and it could only pull low 15s in the summer heat. A far cry from its low 14s @ 98mph it ran when new.

Yeah, you wern't racing much... Good kill anyways.
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

Wasn't much of a race, but still fun .

I'm still waiting for the Evo encounter.

Signed,
    Outferno

What he said ^
    '04 WRB STi
    Mods: Removed Air Box