STi vs Supra TT (friendly) vs RSX (unfriendly)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs Supra TT (friendly) vs RSX (unfriendly) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was in my STi with my friend Dominique (she seems to always be in my car whenever I'm getting ...

STi vs Supra TT (friendly) vs RSX (unfriendly)

I was in my STi with my friend Dominique (she seems to always be in my car whenever I'm getting these encounters) and we're headed for my house on 880 North Bound. I see this dark silver Supra TT that looked stock but sounded modded (his only mod seemed to be his exhaust). Anyway, I caught up to him and he realizes, "WTF... something white is approaching the back of my car". Well, I see him move fast so I just continue to keep my gas pedal down. I look down and I'm going 80 to 90 to 100 up to 120 in 6th gear and I couldn't believe I kept up. He must not have been trying or something but I kept up with him and he shut it down. Nice friendly encounter since neither of us did the ricer fly by or the ricer "never let choo catch up bish" move. I turned on my dome light and motioned a thumbs up since it was a nice and fun friendly encounter.

Then 2 miles down the road we encounter some minor traffic and a silver RSX non-Type S cuts him off, almost swipes the Supras front end, and starts to speed away. I can see his little silver RSX feet pedling, it was like a flinstones car. Anyway, the dark Silver Supra down shifts and all I hear is "BWAAAAAAAAAAH" and I follow. Both of us zip up the RSX and the RSX moves to the middle lane. Bad move for the RSX, good for me and the Supra. Supra takes the fast lane, I take the slow lane, instant Honda-wich.

Good times. I bet that RSX felt pretty bad for cutting him off.

Well, that's all I had to say for this episode.

Signed,
    Outferno

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hopefully the RSX driver will hit a tree sometime soon.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Did you race the Supra a second time? You mentioned you had the slow lane and he had the fast lane blasting past the rsx. Also I must ask. Why not do a quick downshift into 5th gear when you noticed he was racing. It only takes a spit second. That guy in the Supra thinks your STi is much slower than it really is. There is a big difference in performance at 90- 100 mph in 5th gear vs 6th gear.
    If you guys took it up to 120+mph, I'm sure he thinks you were racing him. Especially giving him the thumbs up, which is cool of you. But I would of never left it in 6th gear racing someone from 80 - 120+ mph.

HAHAHA i love it. Honda-wich. Good stuff man

That's so funny.

I mean, I wish the rsx driver had a girlfriend in his car. I can imagine it now: "Hey I though you said your v-tach car was the fastest car in the world"

I mean, come on...an STi and a supra, that guy got 0wn3d
    '03 white rex

hahaha.....hahaha.....he said Honda-wich!!

Way to lay the smack down guys!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Nice Kill Tommy!!

-Zoeb

I wasn't very comfortable with downshifting in my car yet, but now I know my baby can handle it... and I constantly down shift into 5th for those bursts of speed.

Originally posted by 02BlackWRX
    Nice Kill Tommy!!

-Zoeb
    Man... I'm not Tommy. One of these days Zoeb...

Signed,
    Outferno

Just wait till you start downshifting from 4th to 2nd while rolling at 40 mph, or even 5th to 3rd. Just watch your rpms and know how fast you get to redline and you should be fine... I used to do this in my accord and when you get pushed back into your seat it feels great.
    R.I.P. 04 Java Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    Wanted - 99 - 01 2.5 RS Coupe Any Color

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Hey, I know a guy from San Jo who drives a silver Supra, with exhaust...but its NA Maybe it was his that you ran into? He's a nice guy.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by kosoku
    Just wait till you start downshifting from 4th to 2nd while rolling at 40 mph, or even 5th to 3rd. Just watch your rpms and know how fast you get to redline and you should be fine... I used to do this in my accord and when you get pushed back into your seat it feels great.
    you got pushed back in an accord?
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    Hey, I know a guy from San Jo who drives a silver Supra, with exhaust...but its NA Maybe it was his that you ran into? He's a nice guy.
    Not sure, I thought it was a TT... maybe it was a non-turbo. *shrugs* Still a very pretty car.

Signed,
    Outferno

Originally posted by ryland
    Hopefully the RSX driver will hit a tree sometime soon.
    wow. the maturity level in this thread has hit rock bottom. just because the RSX 'cuttoff' the Supra you two had to teach the little RSX a lesson. Good job guys, you are better than the RSX driver. did you stop and think that maybe the RSX was changing lanes and just had a little driver error on his part and misjudged the distance between his car and the Supra?

the very fact that the RSX switched to the middle lane on a 3 lane road means that he was getting ready to cruise. nobody uses the middle lane to pass people. so basically you two OWNED the RSX while it was getting back to a cruising speed.

PS - ryland. you're such a dumba$$

Uh... if someone cut you off in the wrong way, you'd feel inclined to pass them up and get away from them as fast as you could also. I don't want someone that just almost swiped my front end off to be leading me on the highway at all.

Signed,
    Outferno

Originally posted by outferno
    Not sure, I thought it was a TT... maybe it was a non-turbo. *shrugs* Still a very pretty car.

Signed,
    Outferno
    im in no way saying that you didnt race a TT one, just that it might have been my friends, and he is making ~240hp...so that could have been why you were able to hang, rather than thinking it was a TT who wasnt really trying...
    2003 SRT-4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast