WRX vs. Mustang
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving home from seeing a movie last night...LOTR Trilogy marathon. It's 2:00 AM, heading west bound on I-90 ...

WRX vs. Mustang

I was driving home from seeing a movie last night...LOTR Trilogy marathon. It's 2:00 AM, heading west bound on I-90 (cleveland, ohio). I'm about 7 miles from my exit, and I see this mid-90's V6 Mustang, entering the highway. It's a 4 lane highway, and I'm on the 3rd lane (second from the passing lane). And I'm casually doing 65-70 mph. Now he's completely on the highway and was next to me, except we had one lane between us. Couldn't tell if he was auto or manual, but he guns it. His rear passanger looks back at me. Now I know that he wants to race. So, I just add a little gas, in 5th, to catch up, because I can see that he's waiting for me. I just got up next to him, now we're doing about 80-85 mph, and he decided to floor it...not waiting for me to completely be next to him...my front bumper is about at his front wheel. He had a head-start on me, so now I'm at his rear wheel. I then rev matched and dropped it into 4th, and floored it. Boost kicked in at 14-15 psi, and proceeded to walk him...waiving bye in the process. I shut down at about 115 mph.

I then waited for him to catch up, in 5th gear, slowing down to about 90 mph. I wanted to give him another chance, so he doesn't think that I did a "fly by", seeing how I was trying to catch up, in the begining. Second race, he's now next to me, and he floors it first. I then proceeded to put it into 4th gear, and walked him, again. Waiving bye again.

We were still crusing pretty fast...115 mph, I was still in the 3rd lane, and he was still on my right, in the 1st lane. We were approaching my exit W140th, but I was going way too fast to slow down and make my exit. My exit is also after a slight right curve, regular highway curve, nothing sharp, or dramatic. But it would be dramatic trying to make the exit at my speed and being in the 3rd lane. I also wanted to see if he wanted to go again...I was willing to miss my exit. However, he slowed down and got off...at my exist.

I don't know if he knew he was racing a WRX or just an import with an exhaust and some gauges. I have full a-pillar guages, so I didn't know if he just thought that I had them there for some "decoration"

FYI - my moods:
    - Blitz SUS intake.
    - Tanabe Super Racing Medallion.
    - removed intake silencer.
    - custom intake heat shield.
    Last edited by fourstardrift; 12-17-2003 at 10:59 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: WRX vs. Mustang

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    I have full a-pillar guages, so I didn't know if he just thought that I had them there for some "decoration"

FYI - my moods:
    - Blitz SUS intake.
    - Tanabe Super Racing Medallion.
    - removed intake silencer.
    - custom intake heat shield.
    You don't have any engine mods that would require a full pillar guage set up, so maybe they are for some "decoration".

well, I got the gauges for free (new gauges); boost, oil pressure and temp. I will be replacing the temp with an EGT, when I put my up-pipe in. I know the guys from Faze gauges, so...

What mod would be require before any gauges to go into a car?

Re: Re: WRX vs. Mustang

Originally posted by PKer
    You don't have any engine mods that would require a full pillar guage set up, so maybe they are for some "decoration".
    You must have engine modifications to monitor the vehicle?

Dont listen to that statement that you're mods dont need gauges.

Aftermarket gauges are a great addition to any stock vehicle, especially stock turbocharged vehicles.

You are smart for adding gauges before you add any serious mods.
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

Re: WRX vs. Mustang

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    I don't know if he knew he was racing a WRX or just an import with an exhaust and some gauges.
    um, you are an import with an exhaust and some gauges right?
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

congrats on beating a 180 hp (at the flywheel) 3400 lb pig.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Originally posted by StngStr
    congrats on beating a 180 hp (at the flywheel) 3400 lb pig.

I knew they weren't fast, but the kid seems to think that he was...so I couldn't resist the urge.

Re: Re: WRX vs. Mustang

Originally posted by jungdragon
    um, you are an import with an exhaust and some gauges right?
    good point.

what I meant was that he may of thought that I was in a Non-Turbo car.

pft if i were you i wouldnt have even wasted the gas on a v6 stang and i'd be really picky about GT's...I beat a late 90's GT stoplight to stoplight earlier today and i drive a 03 ram hemi(runs low 15s), if i can take these cars you shouldnt break a sweat....

Don't listen to me I'm just a d1ck sometimes, Pillar guages are cool.

Originally posted by PKer
    Don't listen to me I'm just a d1ck sometimes, Pillar guages are cool.

I beat a 01 or later (not sure )GT on the parkway from a 40mph roll. I down shifted to second and he saw my tail lights.The stock GT are only ok also.
    2004 WRX Black,K&N Air filter,Turbo XS utec,3" Turbo XS turbo back stainless exhaust,Turbo XS uppipe,VF-39 Turbo Perrin BOV, DC racing 550 Injectors ,Walboro fuel pump, NGK iridium spark plugs ,Defi Boost and EGT Gauges,( 280 awhp SAE and 270 awtq SAE ).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.