wrx wagon pulls on a stang and shows a celica no mercy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx wagon pulls on a stang and shows a celica no mercy within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A couple of races this past week....first, coming home from work a new silver mustang gt revs on the feeder ...

wrx wagon pulls on a stang and shows a celica no mercy

A couple of races this past week....first, coming home from work a new silver mustang gt revs on the feeder road....we nail it at about 30 mph, perfect for a 2nd gear romp!....i'm thinking this guy is going to blow by with ease (btw, i've got a stock wrx wagon).....so i end up beating the guy to the entrance ramp (barely), and i was thinking the race is over......but he pulls a "fly by" and i decide to chase....i soon catch up....he's got it floored (i can hear and see the exhaust) and i pull right up on his *ss, i proved my point and proceeded to chill out and slow down for traffic...a few miles down the road we both pull off at the same exit...i roll up beside him and say hello at the light....he rolls down the window and low and behold, he's got three girls in the car with him...so to be fair, he had a little extra weight....he seemed impressed with the wagon but didn't know much about it...and i have to say i kinda dig last years stang.....and hey, the chicks were in HIS car not mine!

a second race last night, a fairly new white celica, MY2001 (guessing), with a ridiculous wing (i absolutely hate wings!), nasty tailights and some weird exhaust system rolls past me on a 45 mph feeder soon to become freeway..i get a little nervous thinkg he's got a turbo kit or something......so i roll past and i hear him nail it (loud exhaust), so naturally, i nail it and pull on by....after a couple of car lengths i ease on the brakes to let him catch up....he still has it nailed!....i let him get ahead and nail it again....pull on by and again ease on the brakes...now, was i being a d*ck by proving my point more than once? oh well! finally i shut it down and lock the cruise control at 62 and celica boy does the classic "fly by"....and i'm thinking he's probably off telling his buddies he ripped a rex!
    and btw, this time i have 300+ lbs. of drums in the back! but the temps and humidity were low....unusual this time of year in houston!
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

celica...yawn (LOL)

Stang GT...WELL DONE!
    Don't flame. Be nice

ive noticed that the Celica Gts 2000-2001 have really good topend. im suprised/happy u were able to slow down and catch up that fast. did u catch wat kinda celica it was? dont worrie about the 2002, they have their redline shorted..so they arnt that much to worrie about. GOOD KILL!
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

Re: wrx wagon pulls on a stang and shows a celica no mercy

Originally posted by mark5211
    and i have to say i kinda dig last years stang.....and hey, the chicks were in HIS car not mine!
    LOL!

When I first got my car, a friend took a short drive and said, "That's a NICE car!" But you aren't gonna get any a$$ with that."

houston you say,
    I should have been out on westheimr sat night, the weather was so nice. anyways nice kills, kinda sux girls were in the wrong car.
    Registered Members: 1944
    Welcome to our newest member, GTRsi

Gt-S does have a really good top end. But still no match for the WRX tho. According to SCC, we get faster time from 0-60, 30-60, 60-100.. pretty much everything. But the margin starts to slim around 100..

I hate to rain on the parade, but the stang was carrying at least 300lbs of a$$ in it. That will kill its performance. As much as I can't stand rustangs, I know that if he had been alone he would have killed you, unless you wagon is modified in that case you could give him some hell.

Yo

GT = haha ... you guys should have been pretty much even stock vs. stock. I took a Cobra pretty good on Sun ... hehe ... but I have uppipe, downpipe, catback, MBC @ 16psi. They are strong but when the driver has a cocky attitude ... it's just fun to "wave my stick!" I have yet have any new Celica's try ANYTHING w/ me ... maybe because they're afraid w/ my loud Tanabe SRM. Maybe would has got out that I'll race anyone ... well almost anyone ... must do 0-60 <5.5sec.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.