WRX vs 350Z

This is a discussion on WRX vs 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Owned by torque from a roll. Pulled up next to a silver 350Z at a light and couldn't tell if ...

WRX vs 350Z

Owned by torque from a roll.

Pulled up next to a silver 350Z at a light and couldn't tell if the kid wanted to go. I began rolling off the light in 1st, then he went....then I went. I wasn't even near boost.
    No lauch = death.

Oh well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: WRX vs 350Z

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    Owned by torque from a roll.

Pulled up next to a silver 350Z at a light and couldn't tell if the kid wanted to go. I began rolling off the light in 1st, then he went....then I went. I wasn't even near boost.
    No lauch = death.

Oh well.
    What are your Mod's?

Cobb stage 2

sad right?

nice death

hahaha ^^
    '04 WRB STi
    Mods: Removed Air Box

You most likely would have won if you were prepared

YOU 350Z PEOPLE, DONT *****ING FLAME ME FOR THAT ONE, ITS TRUE.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

oh i expect so, but i was totally unprepared and damn that car moves from a roll.

i can't be too upset, i almost bought one.

Yeah, they scoot from a roll. Friend has a '03 Max(6 speed) with intake and a pulley. At a 60 mph roll, he ALWAYS jumps a car ahead, then I steamroll him pretty fierce. Torque is just there for that car, and with the variable valve stuff, it keeps a goodly amount of power in the upper revs as well.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I hung door to door with my friends 350Z, back when I had a mbc (I might have had the up pipe too, not positive) and all he had was grounding mod and intake. Just throwing in my .02
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

same thing happened to me with a civic. i was on the phone and didn't notice him flooring it (yeah i heard his exhaust but i thought it had to work hard to drive normally). my 5 second late reaction time gave him a 2 feet headstart

could've beaten him but would rather save the gas.

350z's from a stop and a cobb stage 2, you'd win easy. i have the same set up. from a roll, i bet you'd hold or even pull a little.

bahh... nice death there!

You definiteltly need to get to a point in the foodchain where you don't need to worry about them

I remember too when I was at TurboXS' stage 2, and even then, there were a lot of cars on the road that could still take my car out from a roll....

them were the days!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I have basically a stage 2, but w/ a sbc-id controller. And i went off the line w/ a 350z. The street was sort of at an incline, and he was inching up, and he basically had the go, and i just launched it hard and passed him up. I'm sure on the freeway, he can make me his ***** but we'll see.
    Best 1/8th = 8.71@79
    Best 60' = 1.88
    Dyno: 221 whp / 195 tq

GOAL: 300 whp @ 91 pump

i ran a 350z with upgraded exhaust from what i could only see, i was waitign at a light i saw him slow down and light turns green hes in prime and bam hes off i take off all 4eat slow wth out brake torque close the gap to 3 cars and remain like that. second run where heading around a light going left i punch it he does nothing, my car then upshifts. and then i hear him ds and floor it damn, i slam to first around 30 pull the 12 cars or so back down to 3. last run we where next to each other..... i hit it he hits it i pull instantly he lets off..... he was mabey 55 yrs of age i was like its good to see senior citizens(just kidding) rolling in high powerd imports.....but its sad that they to are sore losers
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.