R35 Skyline Pics - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on R35 Skyline Pics within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Inlinesixer my brain hurts... please put away that picture... omg i am so happy most of you ...

Originally posted by Inlinesixer
    my brain hurts... please put away that picture...

omg i am so happy most of you guys feel the same way about the new skyline.

a nissan gtr with no inline six has no place in my heart (its reserved for the spec c sleeper 996 has, the S15, or the R34, R33 GTR's)

and that swap (rb26dett in a G35 i think) is totally sweet! i swear, i could feel a little tingle in my pants after seeing that. but i dont think i can stomach putting an older engine into a new car, unless that is a crate or new engine. ah what the hell, its an RB...

i am personally waiting for nissan to turbocharge their cars, especially the 350z. right now im just happy you guys are fans of the icons of japanese supercars, and the inline six should really be brought back...

sigh, i feel much better now thank you.
    the R32-34 inline-6 was sweet, but nothing wrong w/ the VQ35 which is currently probably the best V6 on the market right now. Now, turbo charge that monster it be even better.

I still wonder how many of you guys know that the new "Skyline" IS the G35. Or how many of you guys are talking about the GT-R when speaking of "Skyline"?? A regular R32-34 Skyline GT (coupe or sedan) is completly different performance machine from the Skyline GTR.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You guys might laugh but I think i like the r32 better than the r34 and I think it ties with the r33. I just like the old skyline look. I also thought that all cars in Japan were limited to 280 something horsepower.
    70 Camaro SS split bumper
    93 legacy SS turbo
    92 turbo legacy Touring Wagon
    84 Subaru Hatchback

Originally posted by legacymax
    You guys might laugh but I think i like the r32 better than the r34 and I think it ties with the r33. I just like the old skyline look. I also thought that all cars in Japan were limited to 280 something horsepower.
    I too like the R32 GTR better than the R34 or the R33. I had a Tamiya R32 GTR model kit before...

Nothin wrong with that. I like them in this order:

R33.
    R32.
    R34.

vq33? then i guess they downed the displacement a lil from the vq35... but thats gonna have a nice tq feeling from the old rb26det!
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

go to www.batfa.com, go to used cars, and then click on the Nissan emblem and look at skylines, great prices(before shipping and US specs), i think i would take the first r32.
    70 Camaro SS split bumper
    93 legacy SS turbo
    92 turbo legacy Touring Wagon
    84 Subaru Hatchback

go to www.batfa.com, go to used cars, and then click on the Nissan emblem and look at skylines, great prices(before shipping and US specs), i think i would take the first r32.
    Ooooh...thanks for that link.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by FrankW
    the R32-34 inline-6 was sweet, but nothing wrong w/ the VQ35 which is currently probably the best V6 on the market right now. Now, turbo charge that monster it be even better.
    Ok you got a point there. After reading your statement, i thought about it and yea, the nissan v6 is the best v6 anywhere. but seriously, can it really compare to the potential of the inline six? the RBs are so strong from the factory, but ofcourse they were equipped with turbos from the factory, too. i dunno, IMO i would not spend money on this skyline because of the v6.

i mean look at my350z.com. they spend maybe double of what suby guys spend because of the way their engines are built. they are built for N/A, so they have to fortify their bottom ends to withstand any kind of high boost, supercharger or whatnot. i gess you could just say that im waiting for nissan to up the stakes and twin-turbocharge the Z.

Ok... i know i should kick the habit of saying skylines and GTRs are the same. (out 2f2f demons! out i say!)

Skyline GT-s=non-performance sedan
    GT-R=Godzilla

Hoight!
    Originally posted by AjIsDope:
    You better get a camera and go do that again....if not, we will hunt you down and eat your baby.

Originally posted by Inlinesixer
    Ok you got a point there. After reading your statement, i thought about it and yea, the nissan v6 is the best v6 anywhere. but seriously, can it really compare to the potential of the inline six? the RBs are so strong from the factory, but ofcourse they were equipped with turbos from the factory, too. i dunno, IMO i would not spend money on this skyline because of the v6.

i mean look at my350z.com. they spend maybe double of what suby guys spend because of the way their engines are built. they are built for N/A, so they have to fortify their bottom ends to withstand any kind of high boost, supercharger or whatnot. i gess you could just say that im waiting for nissan to up the stakes and twin-turbocharge the Z.

Ok... i know i should kick the habit of saying skylines and GTRs are the same. (out 2f2f demons! out i say!)

Skyline GT-s=non-performance sedan
    GT-R=Godzilla

Hoight!
    well, look at it this way. There's R34 Skyline GT sedan w/o the turbo at the bottom of the model line. it's still the same base engine. The twin turbo version of the Porsche flat-6 is still off the base flat-6, right!

I think most people have this dislike for the VQ35 is because all the pass Skylines had came w/ the inline6 started from the R32, and the Skylines before R32 had inline-4. They probably think Nissan should keep the tradition...

it's like saying what if the Porsche gone away from the flat-6 to some other configuration.
    Last edited by FrankW; 12-21-2003 at 03:09 AM.

I think it would be wrong to lose the inline-6 , To me the V6 twin turbo of the Nissan 300 ZX was there down fall when you compared it to the Toyota Supra. There seamed to be a lot more after market turbo options for the supra , I am assuming that was due to the under hood space of a V6 compared to a IL6. I also think that the IL6 gives more bottom end toqure than a V6 , this is just based on personal experance of course and i have no numbers to back that up. And most important to me ... I like the sound of a inline6 way better than that of a V6. Just my thoughts

FrankW, i think you are right.

it is a tradition, but still, after the inline-six what else is left?
    and inline 8?

i read a lot after my first post and i think that Nissan switched to the v6 for the sake of advancement and space. v6's, im guessing are easier to make, have more space to work around with and i've also heard they have a lower center of gravity, if that's any consolation. (if youve heard, BMW tilted their inline 6 in the M3 for a lower center of gravity, and i think space & centers of gravity were the reasons for making V engine)

stil, those IL6s are great. maybe that's why BMW still uses them.

i dont want to have to cringe for the ensuing flaming, do i? :big grin:
    Originally posted by AjIsDope:
    You better get a camera and go do that again....if not, we will hunt you down and eat your baby.

i-6, v-6 they both have it's pros and cons. Me want the 5.4 liter superchagered V8 from AMG...

EasternWRX, I think it depends on the manufacturer and the design of the engine to determine which has more low end and top end torque. Comparing BMW and MB, the MB engine always had more low end torque than BMWs (dates back to MB's inline-6 and now their V6), but MB's NA 6-cyclinder engine tends to run out of air on the top end. BMW's inline-6 has a more even distributed torque curve, but it has less low range punch.

I had a 2000 328Ci sport before, that car just runs so smooth at speed. I never felt any lack of power on the top end. However at low end, sometime the car felt sluggish because mine's auto, and you have to wait till the rev starts to climb to 3-4k rpm to get it really going.

around town, my sister's 00 CLk320 is much easier to drive once you figure out the stupid throttle control pattern. BUT the engine's last 5-6k climb there's just no power.

Screw the R35, I wanna see more of that G35 w/the RB motor. Post more pics....
    I created my avatar.

the gentelmens agreement of 280 hp advertised is for cars produced in japan. If it is produced outside of japan they can advertise it as more. ie infinity M45.

A turbo 400hp 350z to me would be called a 350 zx.

Originally posted by Lurker
    the gentelmens agreement of 280 hp advertised is for cars produced in japan. If it is produced outside of japan they can advertise it as more. ie infinity M45.

A turbo 400hp 350z to me would be called a 350 zx.
    actually it's if they sell it outside of Japan. where the car's built has no influence on the japanese brands.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast