A M3, DSM and ME

This is a discussion on A M3, DSM and ME within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So last night I am coming home from my parents house in Redwood City on my way to Campbell on ...

I Support ClubWRX

A M3, DSM and ME

So last night I am coming home from my parents house in Redwood City on my way to Campbell on 280 at around 10:00pm. My car was full of washed clothes and clothes baskets in the back seat.

I was just cruising about 70mph when a silver convertible older 90's M3 pulled up on my passenger side. About the same time, a goldish color DSM(either Talon or Eclipse) pulled up on my drivers side. The M3 gave it some gas and downshifted for a moment trying to reel me in. I just smiled at him and his passengers. Then the DSM, with what looked like a factory exhaust and wheels revved on me and took off for a moment and then let off. So I had to show them something. So there was a car in front of me and the DSM let off and fell 2 car lengths back for a moment. So I looked over at the M3 and the passengers I think 4 in total in the car kept looking at me. So I gave them a big smile, downshifted to 4th, took the DSM's lane and punched it. I got up to about 110 to 115 and it seemed like it took a while for the M3 to catch up. But then I came up on some traffic, and I am not the type of person to weave in and out of traffic and cause accidents, so I just let off and slowed down. The M3 took the slow lane and once he passed me he kept going. He must have got up to about 130 because he kept pulling away very fast. I don't know what happened to the DSM in all of this because when I finally slowed down, the DSM came whizzing by finally.

They finally both slowed down and I got on the side of the M3 and gave him a big smile, but it was dark so I don't think they saw me or did anything. And the adrenaline in my body was pumping so much my right foot started shaking. All in all it was fun, but I don't like racing on public roads that much. And since our WRX's aren't really geared for top end, I would rather race light to light.

Peace,
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool runs! Out of curiosity, are you into Muay Thai? (The pic under your s/n looks like a Thai boxing match). Later.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I trained for a year and a half in Muay Thai. My friend I used to work with was from Thailand and had his own school teaching Muay Thai Kickboxing. I also have a few tapes of matches filmed in Lupini Stadium in Thailand of course all the commentators are speaking in Thai but it is pretty cool.
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Shaweet!! Mauy Thai has got to be one of the best stand up fighting styles. EXPLOSIVE kicks, knees, elbows, punches, etc... Does Manu Natoh and Rick Roufus sound familiar? Both used to teach the stand up fighting aspect when I used to train in American submission fighting. Take care.

-James-
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you watch UFC fights? Two fighters from that used to train at the same complex as Eugene Jackson and Tim Leijic of UFC. And when I moved to San Jose, I trained at American Kickboxing Academy where Frank Shamrock and Jean Claude Layuer came to train periodically. My brother is also heavily interested in Mixed Martial Arts and tapes all the UFC and Pride Fighting Championships when they come on Pay Per View.
    Peace,
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

You Californians have the best fights schools over there, Atlanta is riddled with mediocre ones after Obake Fight School closed. Alliance has a bjj school here, but they cost WAY too much I used to be HEAVY into mma, and for a short time period, I was training to compete. Tim Catalfo (Obake) used to run/own the fight school here and trained me. I've grappled with Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman, Maurice Smith (I even hooked him up with some parts for his porsche at my uncle's store ), Walt Weiss (:P), Brandon Hinkle, Mark Robinson, etc...I almost got a chance to goto Japan with Team Obake for K-1 (Roufus' fight) and UFC 18 (when he was a judge), but I was still in college and my priorities were to graduate. A lot of huge names would come in for weeks (some months) at a time and train Tim's style, American Submission Fighting. My body never got calloused like Tim said it would so in the end I ended up with a whack back and clicky/achey joints, because of that I can't lift or grapple anymore. Talk to ya later.

-James-
    2006 Porsche Cayman S