Mustang 5.0 L sedan
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mustang 5.0 L sedan within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Raced my buddy in his new (used) 1992 5.0 L mustang sedan. REALLY REALLY nice car. Emerald green lx. He ...

Mustang 5.0 L sedan

Raced my buddy in his new (used) 1992 5.0 L mustang sedan. REALLY REALLY nice car. Emerald green lx. He has an exhaust and pulleys. I used to have one and always loved the v8 rumble, torque etc. Well, I stomped his ass!! From a stop it was a joke. I launced from 4.5 K and never looked back. 5-8 car lengths up ro 120 MPH. From a roll, perhaps three car lengths. In third gear at around 60 it was VERY close but I always pulled him. Very pleased. I alwyas new I would take him from a start, never thought I would run with him on the highway though thanks to his torque.
    Don't flame. Be nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

really what mods do u have?
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

calling any 5 liter a sedan is gay

most people refer to it either as a coupe or notchback
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Re: Re: Mustang 5.0 L sedan

Originally posted by Branch 76

Apparently one mod his buddy did was add rear doors to make it a sedan.
    now thats a tricky mod.

split hairs much, do we?

Re: Mustang 5.0 L sedan

Originally posted by bingo
    Raced my buddy in his new (used) 1992 5.0 L mustang sedan. REALLY REALLY nice car. Emerald green lx. He has an exhaust and pulleys. I used to have one and always loved the v8 rumble, torque etc. Well, I stomped his ass!! From a stop it was a joke. I launced from 4.5 K and never looked back. 5-8 car lengths up ro 120 MPH. From a roll, perhaps three car lengths. In third gear at around 60 it was VERY close but I always pulled him. Very pleased. I alwyas new I would take him from a start, never thought I would run with him on the highway though thanks to his torque.
    Dude, 5-8 car lengths!?? Something is wrong, either that car is a real pig, or your friend can't drive. Is his car a stick or auto? I used to have a 1992 5.0 notchback with only an exhaust and I ran 13.8's consistently.

Do your have any mods?
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Hey guys, gear down man. Really a nice guy here!! Maybe it is a Canadian thing, but the coupe you refer to is called a sedan here. Ford Canada refered to it as a sedan as well. It simply refers to the non hatch model. Like I said, gear down and be nice. Funny how abnoxious people become behind their computers.

I used to sell stangs while working my way through university. It is a five speed with a short throw shifter (hurst I believe). And yes, 5-8 car lengths...easily. AND I am being nice.

I don't think there is a bigger fan of the 5.0 than me. I had an 86 (first year of fuelie) that I converted to mass air with an edelbrock exhaust, short throw shifter, 3.73 gears, headers and full exhaust with no cats (no emissions inspections in Canada). I had a custom cam ground for higher top end as I found it already had tons of torque. I had 255's in the back. I built the car myself from a burnt motor with around 300,000 KM (180,000 miles). The car was awesome!! TONS of torgue, stomp it and go. Mine was even the convertible. That year the conver GT looked like the later model LX convert.
    Nuff said, I know cars dude.

Problem is, the stang can't hook up, period. Does a great smoke show, wicked donuts and 180's etc, just can't hook up. As I said, 5-8 car lengths easily!! I expected this though with the all wheel drive. What surprised me was that I was still quicker (a bit) on top end as well, third gear on up and such.

My MODS: SPO waste gate actuator (high tech boost controller for you idiots that may not know what that is either) set at a solid 16 lbs. (for you know it alls that may tell me this is too high we get 94 octane up here) Borla exhaust and K&N. 225/50/16 Bridgstone SO3's on stock WRX rims powdercoated white.

Anyone doubts me and has a stang, I will drive a long way to put you in your place.
    Don't flame. Be nice

Ah haaaa!!! my man Bingo show'n the haters his a$$!

I guess nobody has nuttin to say?????
    Bingo dun put yaw in check like Dumars, on MJ

originally posted by bingo
    Anyone doubts me and has a stang, I will drive a long way to put you in your place.

yeah uh huh!!

how far will you drive? want to race for pink slips? 2G buy in winner takes all!!! LOL just messing with you

Looks like you are pretty well modified so you should take a stock 5 liter pretty easily.....exhaust and pulleys may be worth 15 hp on a stock car...I'm sure your mods are worth a lot more considering you have a turbo car so i'm not suprised you beat the guy
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Yea I have a friend who wants to race me in his 1992 or 91 mustang 5.0 LX. I think its stock except for an intake.Who do you think will win?
    "They came they saw they lost"

02 Plat WRX:
    AutoMeter Boost Guage
    HKS SSQ bov
    Joe P MBC
    Blitz SUS Intake
    TurboXS Unichip on the way....

U will kill him if all he has is intakes that is...

Rob

I have a sense of humour, I was smiling the entire time I wrote my response dude !!

87lx50...It would take me $2 K in gas to get there!!! Plus I would have to pay too much on import charges to bring it back to CANADA whenI win it from you. LOL!!

One thing I never did with my stang was run with a great set of tires. I mean slicks or close to slicks. Does the stang still just chew them up or can you really launch with them...enough to give a rex a run stop to stop?
    Don't flame. Be nice

uhhh i run 1.61 60 foot times on slicks

on my radials i can do 1.9-2.0s
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Sick!!

yeah...it's stock!!! LOL

One thing that I really miss is the sound. More than anything I think I miss the sound. I was sitting in a parking lot talking to my buddy leaning on his stang and we heard a motor rev. Both our heads snapped around and YUP, another stang. Nothing like a 5.0 sound.

I wonder if anyone has ever stuffed one into a rex?....hmmmmm.....
    Don't flame. Be nice

originally posted by bingo
    Sick!!

yeah...it's stock!!! LOL

One thing that I really miss is the sound. More than anything I think I miss the sound. I was sitting in a parking lot talking to my buddy leaning on his stang and we heard a motor rev. Both our heads snapped around and YUP, another stang. Nothing like a 5.0 sound.

I wonder if anyone has ever stuffed one into a rex?....hmmmmm.....
    Yeah u know if a stang can pull a 1.61 60 foot with no power adders its not stock and mine isn't

yeah i love the V8 rumble myself!!

NOt sure about stuffing it into a WRX though....i actually like the WRX...i'm not a hater like some mustang people who don't realize the potential of those cars.......I know what they can do if driven properly
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

You all know that the 92 LX only had 200 hp not the 225 hp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.