2002 Mustang Cobra Encounter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 Mustang Cobra Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well coming back from the DRAGON meet I was about home. I was on the 120 Loop and in the ...

2002+ Corba Encounter

Well coming back from the DRAGON meet I was about home. I was on the 120 Loop and in the center lane and the first car at the light. I was wondering who I may encounter today but 2 old cars pull up next to me on each side. Well I see a red Mustang coming up pretty quick on the left lane and sits behind the car besides me. When the Mustang pulls up he revs for a sec and I was like ... cool. Light turns green and I slowly accelerate and try to see which model it was and ... it was the CORBA. The Cobra get behind me and then cuts to the right lane and FLIES up my right side. I needed to make the next right so I get behind him. I was about to get in the right turning lane and I see that he's coming up to a red light w/ NO cars infront of us. He quickly pulls into the center lane letting me have the first car. So I took the opportunity and greeted him. I pull up on his right side and I look over and he has this "cool" grin on his face. I try waving but the guy just ignores me. I even honk my horn to see if he wants to go ... just being nice ... but he just sits there and ignores me. Well I guess I have to lay the smack down ... well try at least.
    I watch the lights and rev and hold at 3K. Light goes green and I slip at 4.5K and chirp the tires and the same time the Cobra layes wheel. We both go off and I just him 1 car. I redline 1st and I hear him chip/spin when trying to get into 2nd ... more distance for me ... hehe. I redline in 2nd and he chirps/spins yes again giving me more distance. I redline 3rd ... yeah yeah yeah ... I know I would have stopped in 2nd my I wanted to wave "bye." Halfway through 3rd I stick my hand out the window and wave bye bye ... I know, I'm mean. I had the Cobra by 1.5-2 cars by 100mph. I jam on the brakes after getting into 4th and slow down. The Cobra flies past me and comes infront of me. We both make the next right and now there's traffic. He tries to fly through traffic and I just watch and laugh. Then I noticed he has a dealer sticker ( new car ). So at the next light in the middle of traffic and gave him some more things to think about ... I started waving my "stick" and rev the Tanabe SRM until he looks up and I just smile. Well traffic on the right lane finally dies down a little and and come up right next to him. He "finally" looks over and I gave him a thumbs up just because he tried. He was "very" hesitant and nodded back and just drove back home. It was a GOOD weekend.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow! That is excellent. You have got some sick kills man.

Wow!
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

How's the TRM exhaust sound ? got any sound clips?
    New:
    2005 Electric Blue Lancer Evo VIII

Traded:
    Platinum Silver 02 WRX
    TurboXS stage2

Yo

I tried taking a video and audio clip however the microphone could NOT capture the "deep" rumble thus replaced it with a higher pitch tone . Those who were at the DRAGON meet heard my Tanabe. It's loud and deep. People could hear me coming from anywhere on the DRAGON.
    2004 STI White/Gold

So how was the Dragon Rich?
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Talking Yo

It was great ... I got to meet some people so I could put a name to a face. I got the test out the RE730s ... HUGE difference between them and the RE92s or even RE950s. I also need to make a camera mount to hold a digital camcorder in a sedan, coupe, and roadster so next time the videos won't have so much shaking.
    2004 STI White/Gold

let's just say his car is SICK sounding! hehe. That rumble scared everyone off the road (psst..except for that last jeep! hehe)

Between your Tanabe and those guys running the BPM exhausts i am now counting pennies to 'upgrade'..hehe

Those of you here that couldn't make the Dragon...do so next year! it was awesome! chu's car was slick on those roads..tires gripped like a fiend...whereas me and my RE92's where sliding all over hehehe

but hey...i stuck with you a bit

time for new rubber now..

~V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo

You sure did on the way back after we bought the shirts. I think I calmed down at little when I almost lost it around that Mazda doing a drift around the Mazda looking at him perpendicular to the lanes. It's wasn't planned so it wasn't fun especially if something did happend. Well hopefully one day I can do that planned. Are you going to get a Tanabe SRM?
    2004 STI White/Gold

First off congrats.

But beware. If and when that Cobra owner decides to get some tractions behind that BITE!! From what I understand you will get destroyed. Everytime you said he went in to a gear he chriped and spun.

I really dont want to be a **** here, BUT there isn't nor never will be a 2002 Cobra!! for the new body style there is the 99, 01, 03. the 00 and 02 years were never made. 00 was from the prob ford had with the lack in power that the car was suppose to have. So instead of trying to fix the prob and putting a another car that could have the same prob they didn't make 00. 02 was jsut a decesion that in mid year for a car to come out what year do they call it, and they decided it would be 03 so meaning that no 02 was actually made!!

But as we all know, doesn't matter what you race, if you won you won, so congrats, happy killing to you!!

good kill,

be careul though. you seem alright, but maybe a little on the young side. show respect to others you race, especially those in american muscle cars. you might just catch a yank in a bad mood with your playful cockiness. he might decide to get out of his car at the next red light and break your jaw through your window.

believe me, happened to my brother when he was younger.

see ya,
    Robby
    92 SHO MTX
    silver on gray with all options
    ss y-pipe with high flow cats
    SS UDPs
    SS CAI
    PRO M 80 MAF
    kyb struts
    sho shop motor mounts
    edelbrock RPM exhaust with 3.5"
    beveled chrome tips
    shonut aluminum sub frame bushings
    26mm rear sway bar
    shop shop sub frame connectors

Chuglobal ,your the king baby!You always have the best stories.

Originally posted by WRX_RIFF_RAFF

I really dont want to be a **** here, BUT there isn't nor never will be a 2002 Cobra!! for the new body style there is the 99, 01, 03. the 00 and 02 years were never made. 00 was from the prob ford had with the lack in power that the car was suppose to have. So instead of trying to fix the prob and putting a another car that could have the same prob they didn't make 00. 02 was jsut a decesion that in mid year for a car to come out what year do they call it, and they decided it would be 03 so meaning that no 02 was actually made!!

But as we all know, doesn't matter what you race, if you won you won, so congrats, happy killing to you!!
    Likewise, and I'd have to speculate that this was a '99 or '01. An '03 could get crappy traction off the line, light the tires at every shift, and still whomp a WRX without trying hard. 390HP is not to be taken lightly.

Nevertheless, good kill!

-Pace

Yo

I was assuming I'd just "keep up" w/ it ... I didn't plan on gaining any car lengths. To start w/ it was a teenager in the Cobra and if he got out of the car and wanted to start something and was serious I'd had take him up on the offer ... violence doesn't solve anything unless they have an attitude problem. That's why I race for fun ... if I got smoked by a Supra, 300TT, M3, etc I would have NO problem unless they had an attitude. That boy just looked "cocky" thus for the wave. I usually don't do that because 95% of the people I race is planned and meant for a benchmark purpose only.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Angry

Nice Kill!
    And don't show those rustangs any respect...rarely have i seen a cool one especially on 120....Humiliation is the only way to teach them to respect the Rex...

p
    02 WRX 5sp Wagon
    "Damn, that thing is blue!"
    K&N...more to follow

good to hear. hey, what is a teenager doing in a 35K car? i was still driving a 1982 nissan maxima diesel wagon when i was a teen. and i was happy to have it. heck, i have carried on with strange cars even to this day (i'm 28). who needs a 208 front wheel HP ford taurus? i do!

pretty useless too, being it has an open differential and no traction. although it is fun to get it screaming to 8K rpm (7300 stock - removed rev imiter with chip). gotta love the yamaha shogun engine, just not the taurus connected to it.

nice car you guys have. i test drove a wrx last year when i was getting pissed (the last time) at my car for falling apart. real fun, but too small for my tastes.

see ya,
    Robby
    92 SHO MTX
    silver on gray with all options
    ss y-pipe with high flow cats
    SS UDPs
    SS CAI
    PRO M 80 MAF
    kyb struts
    sho shop motor mounts
    edelbrock RPM exhaust with 3.5"
    beveled chrome tips
    shonut aluminum sub frame bushings
    26mm rear sway bar
    shop shop sub frame connectors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.