2002 Mustang Cobra Encounter - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 Mustang Cobra Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by centaurus3200 good to hear. hey, what is a teenager doing in a 35K car? well, i talked ...

Originally posted by centaurus3200
    good to hear. hey, what is a teenager doing in a 35K car?
    well, i talked to a kid about 3 weeks ago here locally. He has a white wrx, full oem body kit, hks exhaust, plus a bunch of other mods...and he's in HS.

go figure. I know he didn't fork over that much $$ for car flipping burgers!

hehe
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haha...

I wish Subaru would only sell WRX and/or STI to people who can pay for it themselves ... none of that mommy and daddy stuff. You take car of stuff so much more when you work X hrs to get it.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: Haha...

Originally posted by chuglobal
    I wish Subaru would only sell WRX and/or STI to people who can pay for it themselves ... none of that mommy and daddy stuff. You take car of stuff so much more when you work X hrs to get it.
    I don't think that's a fair statement. My Rex is a college graduation present...does that mean I don't take care of it as much because I didn't work X hours in the real world, or that I shouldn't be allowed to have one? I pay for all my mods on my own, but the stock car was a gift. I hope that doesn't make me less deserving...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

originally posted by mr bob
    Nice Kill!
    And don't show those rustangs any respect...rarely have i seen a cool one especially on 120....Humiliation is the only way to teach them to respect the Rex...

yeah uh huh mr bob!! you wanna come down to atlanta and try to humiliate me? oh wait a minute i forgot the fastest wrx only runs 12.2s....never mind..not worth my gas
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Actually I think the fastest wrx runs a 10 flat, maybe high 9's. Problem is its just not in the U.S. Give the wrx another year, we will have lots of people hitting 11's, maybe 10's. Maybe then we will be worth your gas.
    New:
    2005 Electric Blue Lancer Evo VIII

Traded:
    Platinum Silver 02 WRX
    TurboXS stage2

Originally posted by 87LX50

yeah uh huh mr bob!! you wanna come down to atlanta and try to humiliate me? oh wait a minute i forgot the fastest wrx only runs 12.2s....never mind..not worth my gas

Okay...most of 'em!

p
    02 WRX 5sp Wagon
    "Damn, that thing is blue!"
    K&N...more to follow

Re: Haha...

So some of you guys wouldn't take a car if your parents bought it for you as a gift?
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Yo

I would too but honestly I think there is a HUGE difference between those who got it for free and those who actually dropped $25K+. I'm sure both groups would take care of it but there IS a difference.
    I have talked to people and have gotten alot of "Well I got the car for free and now I have $X to spend on mods now..." or "I wish my parents would give me $X more to spend on mods..." or "It's only $25K thus I have more money to spend on mods..." I just feel that there's always a difference.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I agree, Richard...attitudes like that from people who are fortunate enough to get a car as a gift really boil my blood! People who don't appreciate what they have annoy me enough, but I guess it gets multiplied when it comes to our Rexs for me. ARGH! People like that make me so sick! I just want to smack them...too many bad apples...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Yo

I've meet some down to earth people w/ have gotten cars but the majority is pretty bad. I guess that's why 100% of the people whom I hang w/ who drive WRXs bought it themselves. I can't think of ANY that had their parents buy if for them. I didn't pick them but I guess we talked at a difference level.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Too bad all the mustang owners in the Atlanta area are the biggest *******s in the whole world. They are almost in the same class as civic drivers. I have not met one nice one and I have NEVER lost to a mustang in a drag race. And the only ones that can beat me are the ones that are trailered or only driven every once in awhile. My wrx along with all the other 12 sec wrx are driven dailey on pump gas.
    '03 STi killer

Why does it seem like our board is suddenly getting deluged with newbies with attitude problems? Seems like a little overflow from clubsi.com. We used to be able to post openly and not get flamed for it, now it seems like these new people are just trolling for things to jump on.

Let me remind you, if you don't drive a WRX, OR you don't have anything constructive/helpful to contribute to our forum then get the **** off!
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Haha ...

Oh well ... that's life. Can't we all just have some fun.
    2004 STI White/Gold

originally posted by wrxxx
    Too bad all the mustang owners in the Atlanta area are the biggest *******s in the whole world. They are almost in the same class as civic drivers. I have not met one nice one and I have NEVER lost to a mustang in a drag race. And the only ones that can beat me are the ones that are trailered or only driven every once in awhile. My wrx along with all the other 12 sec wrx are driven dailey on pump gas.
    hey i'm a nice guy now!! Yeah i'm sure you have never lost to a mustang before Ya need to stop racing those 96gts...LOL.....anyways my car is never trailered and i drive it all the time on pump gas 93 octane!!! whats your car run? Like i said if the fastest WRX in the U.S only runs 12.2s then i have nothing to worry about because i'm faster than that and my car doesn't even need a power adder to run in the 11 second range
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

i'm faster than that and my car doesn't even need a power adder to run in the 11 second range
    That's a pretty damn fast car!

You still got your stock drum rear brakes on that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.