cobb stage 2 vs. pops evo again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on cobb stage 2 vs. pops evo again within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was looking around at different sites and noticed this http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=287&ID2=268 ....i asked about the cobb stage 2 a while ...

Cool cobb stage 2 vs. pops evo again

i was looking around at different sites and noticed this http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=287&ID2=268 ....i asked about the cobb stage 2 a while back and if it could take an evo....well this site explains it all...i was very surprised cuz thats exactly what i plan on getting...the results are shocking in my opinion...watch out evos

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: cobb stage 2 vs. pops evo again

Originally posted by sub03
    i was looking around at different sites and noticed this http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=287&ID2=268 ....i asked about the cobb stage 2 a while back and if it could take an evo....well this site explains it all...i was very surprised cuz thats exactly what i plan on getting...the results are shocking in my opinion...watch out evos
    Judging by those #'s (which have to be taken with a grain of salt) I'm sure A cobb stage 2 wrx could suprise a "stock" evo or two.
    02 Wrx

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Re: Re: cobb stage 2 vs. pops evo again

Originally posted by Kevin S
    Judging by those #'s (which have to be taken with a grain of salt) I'm sure A cobb stage 2 wrx could suprise a "stock" evo or two.
    werd, but a well driven evo would hang
    2003 SRT-4

what does the cobb stage 2 have? i know the xs stage 2 has a turboback exhaust and a utec if i remember correctly....that would be somewhat close even, running 13.5ish

I ran 13.3 @ 100 mph with Turboxs stage 2. That is a turbo back exhaust and chip
    That will definatly give a stock EVO a run for its money
    www.turboxs.com

By the way I saw my first EVO on the street in my area. I can't wait until we get a chance to line up.

ye the cobb stage two has a turbo back and a reflashed ecu putting roughly 220 hp to the ground.....reflashed ecu=400
    turboback=1000 not a bad deal for mid to low 13's if u ask me

ive got the equivelent of stge 2, ran 1 evo, i won all 4 races, but very close. he was stock. i think its a drivers race at that point. thats to say in a straight line only...
    bye wrx, hello STi !

Not to say a Stage II WRX and a stock EVO aren't closely matched, but I'm calling on the WRX numbers. I have yet to see a Cobb Stage II trap over 103MPH. Most are in the 97-100 range and a few with tons of supporting mods have hit 102.

If you look at my sig, you'll see I have no reason to pump up the EVO. It's a drivers race off the line, but if the race goes long enough, my money is on the EVO.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

this is just my opinion, but neither one of these cars were "meant" to be drag raced. why race a car in a straight line when it is so well set up for cornering. auto-x would be a much better judge of whether a stage 2 could hang with an evo. that and at least that way the wrx's tranny wont blow up

Jimbo- this is ot but are your wheel to fender gaps consistant with the prodrive springs? i installed my springs on my wagon today and from side to side on the front and back the gaps differ by 1/2".

The gaps look even to me, but I've never measured. If you have an Imagestation account, you can see a side pic here

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Originally posted by Jimbo
    Not to say a Stage II WRX and a stock EVO aren't closely matched, but I'm calling on the WRX numbers. I have yet to see a Cobb Stage II trap over 103MPH. Most are in the 97-100 range and a few with tons of supporting mods have hit 102.
    Really I find this surprising, as a lot of people on the cobb wrx forums claim to have seen 215-225 hp,on the dyno, depending on the octane.

I am secretly hoping thats the case, as I'm getting a reflash next week.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

I need to try this out. I'm Stage II, but I also have a couple other minor things.
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

Originally posted by flyingace
    I am secretly hoping thats the case, as I'm getting a reflash next week.
    Are you going to leave your CAI in place for the reflash?
    I didn't know Cobb had a map for a CAI.
    I think the only aftermarket intakes Cobb will support are the Blitz and Perrin short rams.

It seems like those numbers are high for a Cobb stage2 that doesn't have a custom dyno tune. Even with a dyno tune it seems a bit high but I'm probably thinking with crappy CA 91 octane.

I talked to Cobb and they recommend a removed intake silencer for the Stage II, no intake (CAI or shorty). I have a removed intake silencer and a velocity stack, I asked ft that would be ok or if I should get a short ram, or the GPmoto deleter, or go back to stock, and they told me that the way I had it set up was probably best. Now I just need a TBE!!!!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast