cobb stage 2 vs. pops evo again
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on cobb stage 2 vs. pops evo again within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was looking around at different sites and noticed this http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=287&ID2=268 ....i asked about the cobb stage 2 a while ...

Cool cobb stage 2 vs. pops evo again

i was looking around at different sites and noticed this http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=287&ID2=268 ....i asked about the cobb stage 2 a while back and if it could take an evo....well this site explains it all...i was very surprised cuz thats exactly what i plan on getting...the results are shocking in my opinion...watch out evos

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: cobb stage 2 vs. pops evo again

Originally posted by sub03
    i was looking around at different sites and noticed this http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=287&ID2=268 ....i asked about the cobb stage 2 a while back and if it could take an evo....well this site explains it all...i was very surprised cuz thats exactly what i plan on getting...the results are shocking in my opinion...watch out evos
    Judging by those #'s (which have to be taken with a grain of salt) I'm sure A cobb stage 2 wrx could suprise a "stock" evo or two.
    02 Wrx

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Re: Re: cobb stage 2 vs. pops evo again

Originally posted by Kevin S
    Judging by those #'s (which have to be taken with a grain of salt) I'm sure A cobb stage 2 wrx could suprise a "stock" evo or two.
    werd, but a well driven evo would hang
    2003 SRT-4

what does the cobb stage 2 have? i know the xs stage 2 has a turboback exhaust and a utec if i remember correctly....that would be somewhat close even, running 13.5ish

I ran 13.3 @ 100 mph with Turboxs stage 2. That is a turbo back exhaust and chip
    That will definatly give a stock EVO a run for its money
    www.turboxs.com

By the way I saw my first EVO on the street in my area. I can't wait until we get a chance to line up.

ye the cobb stage two has a turbo back and a reflashed ecu putting roughly 220 hp to the ground.....reflashed ecu=400
    turboback=1000 not a bad deal for mid to low 13's if u ask me

ive got the equivelent of stge 2, ran 1 evo, i won all 4 races, but very close. he was stock. i think its a drivers race at that point. thats to say in a straight line only...
    bye wrx, hello STi !

Not to say a Stage II WRX and a stock EVO aren't closely matched, but I'm calling on the WRX numbers. I have yet to see a Cobb Stage II trap over 103MPH. Most are in the 97-100 range and a few with tons of supporting mods have hit 102.

If you look at my sig, you'll see I have no reason to pump up the EVO. It's a drivers race off the line, but if the race goes long enough, my money is on the EVO.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

this is just my opinion, but neither one of these cars were "meant" to be drag raced. why race a car in a straight line when it is so well set up for cornering. auto-x would be a much better judge of whether a stage 2 could hang with an evo. that and at least that way the wrx's tranny wont blow up

Jimbo- this is ot but are your wheel to fender gaps consistant with the prodrive springs? i installed my springs on my wagon today and from side to side on the front and back the gaps differ by 1/2".

The gaps look even to me, but I've never measured. If you have an Imagestation account, you can see a side pic here

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Originally posted by Jimbo
    Not to say a Stage II WRX and a stock EVO aren't closely matched, but I'm calling on the WRX numbers. I have yet to see a Cobb Stage II trap over 103MPH. Most are in the 97-100 range and a few with tons of supporting mods have hit 102.
    Really I find this surprising, as a lot of people on the cobb wrx forums claim to have seen 215-225 hp,on the dyno, depending on the octane.

I am secretly hoping thats the case, as I'm getting a reflash next week.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

I need to try this out. I'm Stage II, but I also have a couple other minor things.
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

Originally posted by flyingace
    I am secretly hoping thats the case, as I'm getting a reflash next week.
    Are you going to leave your CAI in place for the reflash?
    I didn't know Cobb had a map for a CAI.
    I think the only aftermarket intakes Cobb will support are the Blitz and Perrin short rams.

It seems like those numbers are high for a Cobb stage2 that doesn't have a custom dyno tune. Even with a dyno tune it seems a bit high but I'm probably thinking with crappy CA 91 octane.

I talked to Cobb and they recommend a removed intake silencer for the Stage II, no intake (CAI or shorty). I have a removed intake silencer and a velocity stack, I asked ft that would be ok or if I should get a short ram, or the GPmoto deleter, or go back to stock, and they told me that the way I had it set up was probably best. Now I just need a TBE!!!!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.