Multiple Stage 4 kills
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Multiple Stage 4 kills within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally got the Stage 4 put on Wednesday. I've already had many incounters on the street. 3 different RSX -S. ...

Multiple Stage 4 kills

Finally got the Stage 4 put on Wednesday. I've already had many incounters on the street.
    3 different RSX -S. all 3 races were from a roll 50-100mph range and I walked briskly away from all of them. No contest

a black LS1 , Z28, SS (1998 - 2000 model- could tell by the wheels). When this guy lined up next to me my mouth was watering. As far as I could see he was stock. Stock exhaust, tires etc. Well, I beat him soundly from start to finish. I let off around 90mph and he was a good 4-6 cars back. The best part was he wasn't reeling me in at all. I was actually still pulling on him.

Long but a good story.

The best incounter was a yuppie in a Mercedes - Benz CLK55. These cars are pretty fast and make big HP. I wouldn't advise racing one in a stock WRX.
    This young guy 20s - 30s was driving this expensive Benz . He got right up next to me doing about 50-60mph and punched it. This never ever happens to me but todays my lucky day. I did nothing this time. A little further up the road we got next to each other again. We were doing about 60 mph or so. This time I was ready. When he went for it I down shifted into 3rd and floored it. He had a slight lead but I quickly got along side of him and slowly started to pull ahead. Actually a pretty good race but I was definately walking away from him. He let off and so did I. I thought we were done so I gave him a wave and slowed down to the 50mph speed limit. He preceeded driving much faster and got way up in front of me. Then up the road the light turned red. The guy in the Benz is sitting in the right hand lane with his arm stuck out with his hand pointing to the lane next to him. He was telling me to line up next to him. I was very happy at this point. I rolled down my window at the red light and told him my car was AWD and very fast from a dead stop. He said "yea, what ever" "yea" in a very axxhole like tone. The light turned green and we both just sat there. He waiting for me and me waiting for him. I then looked over at him and said go. He nailed it and I followed suit (5k drop clutch). He got about a 1/2 car jump on me and then I blasted by him like he was sitting still. I ran my car up to about 80mph and let off. I was many (5 +) car lengths in front of this guy.
    I then slowed down to the speed limit and he drove past me and gave me a nod and a wave( I was very suprized) and then turned on the next street. At least he took it well. It was a priceless incounter.

This definately shows how much stronger the WRX is from a dead stop. Racing the Benz from a roll it was a pretty good race. From a dead stock it wasn't even close.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kills. So you got the injectors and fuel pump? If so what kind?

Originally posted by BamBooI
    Good kills. So you got the injectors and fuel pump? If so what kind?
    The injectors and fuel pump are the ones that come with the Turboxs stage 4 kit. They are STi injectors and 255 Litre fuel pump. I believe its a late model Acura fuel pump.

http://www.turboxs.com.
    Mark has new Stage 4 info on the site.

Thumbs up

BAD ARSE KILLS!! I can't wait to get everything setup...maybe by the end of next weekend. Hopefully I'll have a cool kill like a clk55 under my belt.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Thumbs up

I knew stage 4 is bad, but this is too kewl
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

hold up you run the full TSX stage 4 setup? what do u run in the 1\4 mile? and you paid like around 4k for it?? srry if this sounds sorta newbish, im looking for a good setup for my car..like 12's or better if i can..hehe..
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

Great work!

I love to hear stories like this. We will be driving the WRX down to Florida in a couple of weeks and I bet we come across some great encounters and it'll be fun to show off the Stage 4!!!

Woohoo!
    2002 WRX TurboXS Stage 4 FOR SALE!
    2000 BMW M Roadster FOR SALE!
    FOR SALE! BUY THEM!

How is your transmission handling all that power? or did you switch to a dog box already.

How is your transmission handling all that power? or did you switch to a dog box already.

lol, whats a dog box. i know its a type of tans. obviously, what does it do, and whats so got about it?

I love to hear stories like this. We will be driving the WRX down to Florida in a couple of weeks and I bet we come across some great encounters and it'll be fun to show off the Stage 4!!!

stage 4 TSX, how good is it? do u win all\most your races w\ it...what did you pay for it...
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

SGOS,

EXCELLENT KILLS!

Originally posted by jester
    lol, whats a dog box. i know its a type of tans. obviously, what does it do, and whats so got about it?

stage 4 TSX, how good is it? do u win all\most your races w\ it...what did you pay for it...
    A dogbox is an non-synchro transmission with gears that are shaped like dog bones in an X. They are capable of handling A LOT or torque, but are noisy and require you to rev match every gear change.

IMO, the Turbo XS stage 4 kit is AWESOME. If I had the money, I'd have it right now.

-Jim

Originally posted by jester

My wife drives the WRX most of the time and she wins most every encounter, though she doesn't look for fights. When they bother her, he chews them up and spits them out. Stage 4 will run you $3800 from www.turboxs.com. We love it!!! Can't say anything but great things.

Good luck.
    FOR SALE! BUY THEM!

My wife drives the WRX most of the time and she wins most every encounter, though she doesn't look for fights. When they bother her, he chews them up and spits them out. Stage 4 will run you $3800 from www.turboxs.com. We love it!!! Can't say anything but great things.

who did u loose to. what cars w\ what mods?
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

She lost to a Ferrari 360 Modena who we were tailing. She mis-shifted and it was end of story. She lost to a 911 Turbo. She lost to me! That's about all I can think of right now. We don't really actively seek out fights on the streets. It's only when others pick on us that we unleash hell on their asses.
    FOR SALE! BUY THEM!

what do you think the 1\4 mile time is for the WRX..like 12's?..
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

Haven't tracked the car yet. We'd like to get mid to high 12's.
    FOR SALE! BUY THEM!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.