STi smoked? (video) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi smoked? (video) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by DROB Can you say own3d? That thing was awesome...... own3d...

Originally posted by DROB
    Can you say own3d? That thing was awesome......

own3d
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    $$$ in engine = fast.

thats the way it goes...speed is just a matter of money... 80% money, 20% smarts
    2003 SRT-4

The talon is very fast, but the Sti held his ground through 2nd gear which to me means that with a larger turbo and supporting mods the sti should have a really good top end as well as a killer bottom end speed. BTW--is it even safe to run 18 psi on a Sti with just intake and exhaust?? I wouldnt think so.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

Originally posted by rmh_158
    see this is what I love about clubwrx, you guys didn't get all bent out of shape. Other people get all pissy when they lose.
    You mean like club rsx.
    02 Wrx

Originally posted by Kevin S
    You mean like club rsx.
    and newcelica

Originally posted by rmh_158
    see this is what I love about clubwrx, you guys didn't get all bent out of shape. Other people get all pissy when they lose. Props to everyone here.
    Yeah, I agree with you on that one.

I personally will give props to anyone with a nicely modded car no matter what it is.

I will always be worried about racing a DSM, I used to have one and they can be MONSTERS.

I drove a van for Sony a couple years ago when I had my DSM and used to see this guy with the same car as me, same color and everything except he had the GSX and I had the GST. Well I always wanted to race him but was in the company van everytime I saw him. So I went to the track with my two friends to film (car was broken ) and there he was. This guy ran a 12.5 I on the other hand was pretty much stock. Good thing I never got a chance to race him.

True, you never know what DSM you're going to run on the road if its fast or not. The one on the NJ turnpike that I ran into gave me a good run for my money, lisence plate TURBO 95, but I was able to walk evvvvvvvvvvver so slowly away from him. Yikes that turbo was loud. Oh yeah I was stock at the time.

Also..that video...JESUS!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

damn, that driver was so confident.....he like "don't worry, we'll get him" and then blew past him

talk the talk and walk the walk
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    damn, that driver was so confident.....he like "don't worry, we'll get him" and then blew past him

talk the talk and walk the walk
    lol yea I noticed that...it was like

"Oh crap!"

"We got him, we got him!"
    2003 SRT-4

Dude, I love DSMs! The make for a great competition.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Its like that down here when we come up against an EVO... You never know whats been done to it... I think the STI did quite well... certainly not shamed!

Im quite confident that if its driving on the road, I wont be owned too bad (even more unlikely now) but you just never know...

I used to have a GS-T when I was over there for college. It was what got me hooked on turbo cars! I still smile when I think back to some of the crazy things I did when I was living in Toms River New Jersey... went racing almost every night...

Many a US V8 owner is probably still crying!

Oh to be young and dumb again! Not the same buzz as common sense catches you up.... (age wise)
    * 1:18.47 Manfield * 11.81 @ 114.7mph *
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRXJIM
    Oh to be young and dumb again! Not the same buzz as common sense catches you up.... (age wise)
    amen to that. I am still young, but I have learned from my errors and use common sense more now...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    amen to that. I am still young, but I have learned from my errors and use common sense more now...
    So true, I used to do some dumb things when I was younger. I always say to myself "what the hell was I thinking"

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    i can't count on both hands, how many times i have almost died in my previous truck between my best friend and I (this is without risking others; just us). Hopefully won't be doing any of that in the rex.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Some of my friends roll DSM's....

and it's like reaching into a bag of raffle tickets, sometimes your number just comes up and it matches and you win, but most of the time you don't get that number and you lose so to speak, they've been around for so long now that it is hard to find one that is not modified,

one of my friends has a first gen with a 9:1 compression engine with a pretty decent sized turbo, ok, huge fuggin turbo....
    Its like nothing i've ever been in, and i have been in a fast DSM before with a hahn super 20g turbo....it is all in the tune...

It is an awesome car, if i had the space i would go get a 97 2nd gen and built it up starting with a evo 3 motor (6 bolt) and go from there....would be AWD FUN...

I've raced some DSM's, all my friends DSM's...
    One has a hahn racecraft super 16G (10cm hot side)
    I waxed him from a dig...

Raced a first gen awd with FP turbo from a dig and it was even no matter what i did, I'd get him a dig, but he get's right back with me in 1st gear, and in 4th i'd pull half a carlength, but the car in not in 100 percent perfect condition....
    point is you can put together the car with sick parts but that doesn't mean it is gonna be fast...
    I have essentially a full exhaust with no header and Ecutek set at 17psi.
    I am running 13.7 at 101 mph...
    CZ
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.