WRX vs 1450 H.D.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs 1450 H.D. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here it goes. I am heading home form work and the highway is closed due to high winds. I am ...

WRX vs 1450 H.D.

Here it goes. I am heading home form work and the highway is closed due to high winds. I am sitting first in line to get back on the highway. At about 5 minutes to the I-10 being re-opened a H.D. comes around and parks next to me, driver gives me the look "like hell another import piece of ". Well the I-10 gets re-opened and he fires up as do I, cop moves over and he guns and gets on the on ramp first. So I figure I would give it a try and catch up. H.D. is at full throttle, I reached the top of 3rd on the on ramp and begin to catch up to him. In fourth I am getting real close. So we hit 5th and I catch up and I look at the speedo 122mph. He looks at his speedo and can not believe I am next to him so I give it some more gas and off I go to 136mph. I slow down and he cathces up. We talk and he asks "what is that" I tell him WRX and he tells me he could not belive I caught up so quick and passed him so easily, and give me the thumbs up. I ask him what ci his H.D. is and he says 1450 with screaming eagle fuel injection and vance and hines pipes. I tell him I would like to race from a stop. He says his bike ran "14.5" at the track and he has never lost to a "car on the street". So I figure I have a chance. We look around and the highway was clear as we were way ahead of anybody. We stop and he says he would call the count. He says 1-2-3 and off we go, 1st gear I already have half a car, 2nd a full car, 3rd and two cars it is. So I slow down again and he says "damm I spun and you left me" I respond it AWD and has a turbo. He laughs, says "I sould of known". We continue talikng for a while on the highway and we part ways, I would never would of thought he would ackowledge the loss. A good experience overall.
    "Failure is an orphin, sucsees has many fathers's"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good Kill. Took me a little while to realize that HD meant Harley Davidson. I'm used to selling trucks and when I saw HD, i thought "Hevy Duty"
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Took me a little while to realize that HD meant Harley Davidson. I'm used to selling trucks and when I saw HD, i thought "Hevy Duty"
    Ditto to that! Sounds like a good time, nice kill
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

Sorry Guys. Should of spelled it out once then abb.

I was thinking it was the F150 harley davidson. Just curious, how do you have a conversation with somone while driving down the highway when one of you is in a car and the other is riding a harley?

thats good to hear, im really not a harley fan. why would you spend $20k on a bike that has 80 horses and weighs 600lbs when you can spend less than $10k on a sport bike with over 110 horses and weighs under 400lbs? HD's are for image conscious yuppies.

I thought you were talking about Heavy Duty. I all the time get jackasses in big jacked up Duramax's trying to to show me how fast their trucks are.
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

Originally posted by el~sharko
    I was thinking it was the F150 harley davidson. Just curious, how do you have a conversation with somone while driving down the highway when one of you is in a car and the other is riding a harley?
    I'll admit it was a little noisy, but since we were the only one's on the highway we slowed down a lot to be able to talk.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by silverscooby
    Good Kill. Took me a little while to realize that HD meant Harley Davidson. I'm used to selling trucks and when I saw HD, i thought "Hevy Duty"
    Me too. I thought maybe you got run over by a tow-truck or something...lol. Good kill

Re: WRX vs 1450 H.D.

Originally posted by DIESEL
    I ask him what ci his H.D. is and he says 1450
    I think you mean "cc" and not "ci" otherwise his Harley would be powered by a 23.8-liter engine by calculation But in cubic inches, his engine would be 88.5. Sorry, I just pay attention to little details.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.